RemedySpot.com

pain around spine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello everyone;

I have been reading this list for quite some time but the messages only come sporadically and today I recieved 8 which I enjoyed. I have RA,OA, Sjogren's syndrome blah, blah. My latest problem is pain like needle sticks in the tissue on either side of my spine; aggravated by just walking. When I move my arms forward it hurts so much. Just to vacuum is horrible as then it takes me about 2 days to recover. I do have a lot of nerve involvement in my face and neck and think this must be more of the same. A neuro gave me Neurontin 300mgm for the neck pain but it made me feel so odd; disjointed and dizzy so I stopped taking it. Mostly I need reassurance that this has happened to someone else! I am a 2 1/2 hr drive from my Rheum and only go every 6 mos. I would appreciate hearing from anyone with any ideas.

Carol in sunny, hot Saskatchewan, Canada

Guest guest

Hi Carol,

I have severe spinal OA, along with RA,fibromyalgia,reynauds,carpal tunnel, costochondritis/pleurisy & tmj. I often get the painful stabs in my lower back & hips from walking. I can't vacuum too long either or it sends pain from my back shooting down my legs & I just about fall over. I havent noticed if the pain from walking worsens when I move my arms but I'll be sure to notice it next time. I also get a burning, numbing pain across my back in my "wing" area. The only thing my rheumy gave me for the pain was Ultracet, which seems to lessen the pain some. Otherwise he's told me seeing an orthopedic surgeon is the only other way. So I guess I'm saying that you are not alone! What if any, other meds are you taking?

Good Luck, Barbara

Carol Andresen <player@...> wrote:

Hello everyone;

I have been reading this list for quite some time but the messages only come sporadically and today I recieved 8 which I enjoyed. I have RA,OA, Sjogren's syndrome blah, blah. My latest problem is pain like needle sticks in the tissue on either side of my spine; aggravated by just walking. When I move my arms forward it hurts so much. Just to vacuum is horrible as then it takes me about 2 days to recover. I do have a lot of nerve involvement in my face and neck and think this must be more of the same. A neuro gave me Neurontin 300mgm for the neck pain but it made me feel so odd; disjointed and dizzy so I stopped taking it. Mostly I need reassurance that this has happened to someone else! I am a 2 1/2 hr drive from my Rheum and only go every 6 mos. I would appreciate hearing from anyone with any ideas.

Carol in sunny, hot Saskatchewan, Canada