RemedySpot.com

Re: discourgaed :( :(

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Donna,

You do not have to have positive results to have RA! There is no blood test for OA either it is in the xrays or MRI. That said, its a shame that some drs are such a?$'s I guess some of them feel that they dont need the money or that they are GOD and they are the only ones that know anything. I'm sorry that you have had to go through this. Unfortunately you will probably have to keep going to different rhemies until you are comfortable with one that will treat you with the respect that you deserve. You will have to be prepared, educate yourself on all there is to know about RA & OA. There are lots of sites especially these to name a few where you can get lots of information from:

http://www.arthritis.org/default.asp, http://www.raacademy.com/RA2homepage, http://arthritisinsight.com/

Ask around & get others opinions on whether or not they like their dr. Ask online for someone to recommend a dr in your area. Then interview the rheumies yourself, remember you are paying them & they are human just like everyone else. I know when I was having my first child I went around & interviewed a couple of pediatricians in the area before selecting one, I have also switched a couple of times realizing that they were not right for me or my children. I know it sounds like a lot of work but in the long run you will be better off. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

God Bless, Barbara

ds_avalon_2000 wrote:

Hi AllI read al the posts and I am Grateful to u all who post.. my problem is in short Does ur blood work have to be abnormal for a Rhumatory dr to want to keep seeing u >> after I have already been diagonised with RA/OA by a neurolgist? I had a MRI takin and it showed RA Nodules ( joint effusions) on my wrists and fingers plus deteration in my neck C6-C7>>>I was dropped my Rhumy as he said my blood work is normal and I have already went to a new rhumy and he dropped me for same reason>> I was put on meds from Neurolgist>>but he has since stopped seeing me due to law suit from a car accident i was in >>in march :( I am so tired of DRs BS and at witts end>>>>any one have any sujestions?? please...God Bless Donna

Donna, I've never heard of such a thing. Do you have a regular internist who will continue to see you and monitor your meds? I have usually only seen me rheumatologist intermittently for check ups and have had my internist do most of my primary care.

Good luck with this....

ds_avalon_2000 wrote:

Hi AllI read al the posts and I am Grateful to u all who post.. my problem is in short Does ur blood work have to be abnormal for a Rhumatory dr to want to keep seeing u >> after I have already been diagonised with RA/OA by a neurolgist? I had a MRI takin and it showed RA Nodules ( joint effusions) on my wrists and fingers plus deteration in my neck C6-C7>>>I was dropped my Rhumy as he said my blood work is normal and I have already went to a new rhumy and he dropped me for same reason>> I was put on meds from Neurolgist>>but he has since stopped seeing me due to law suit from a car accident i was in >>in march :( I am so tired of DRs BS and at witts end>>>>any one have any sujestions?? please...God Bless Donna