RemedySpot.com

jelly-like fat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have lipo from a non-HIV systemic disease (mechanism totally not understood), and in most regards, it walks, talks, and looks like the lipo of HIV, so I would assume that many of the metabolic processes going on in this disorder are the same. In my lipo progression, first the fat loses its tone, and only later does it disappear. The first sign is a marked change from dense normal fat to something that feels like jelly--I think the medical term for this is 'ptosis.' I have never seen mention by fellow lipo sufferers if they are experiencing their fat disappearance in this way. Not that it will help me...but it might someday prove to be a useful piece of information (altho if others keep their dense fat right up to its moment of disappearance, I might feel even more depressed about my own body-tone).NB one of the most annoying things about having poorly understood disease processes if you are over 50 is that people from all quarters will often tell you it's just the effects of aging, when it is no such thing!!! The ptotic feel I am describing is quite different from the feel of a geriatric body, which can still have fairly dense fat, such as in the buttock area (in males, at least).Finally--independent of the disappearance/wastng/reabsorption question, is there anything known that makes extant fat denser? probably this is an idiotic question--if there were, all Hollywood would be using it all the time and every style & beauty page in every rag in the country would report on it all the time...Thank you, Group--Hugo