RemedySpot.com

Re: thyroid link

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Don't know your details and am available as a one on one consultant to work with you and your team on this. The thyroid-BP connection is very complex. I would wait till after your surgery and see what happens when you are off all of your BP meds.CE Grim MDOn Jul 17, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Sara wrote:

Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid function? I just found out my thyroid is high normal and was just curious. I'm wondering if after my adrenalectomy (on Friday) if that would level the thyroid out too.... I feel like it is one thing after the next. Thanks for any help. :)

Guest guest

A good friend and fellow PA-C who knows my travails with PA the disease and hyperthyroidism well, sent me a paper the other day on "Autoimmune Polyglandular Syndrome" which has type I, II, and III and depending on type involves an adrenal disorder such as s or Cushings, and a thyroid or parathyroid disorder among some other things.

My doc believes now I have pernicious Anemia, and I have been battling anemia for awhile that went from normocytic to macrocytic and I started on the B12 and feel much better since, but I went Friday for my follow up on recent labs and she was out "sick"....think that's a bad sign having my doc out sick?

In my case my buddy knows about my thyroid troubles, my Conn's and some other things like the pernicous anemia and specifically my dental hypoplasia (there is no, nor has there ever been, enamel on what's left of my teeth and our dentists had all kinds of theories with GERD leading the way for eroding it ) and I have had that my entire life, in addition to hypogonadism (Low T) I have - all criteria for this APGS.

So I found some studies that have cases of this with hyperaldo instead of Cushings, but for diagnosis of this APGS they have both adrenal and thyroid, and another such as the anemia are criteria. So I will let you know, but something to think about. I can't recall learning about it or ever hearing about this until my friend brought it up (they saw it in a CME assignment).

Even more perplexing is that I have 2 sisters (out of 5 sisters and 2 bro's me being the oldest and all from same parents) with unexplained hyperthyroidism (they don't fit the Graves perfectly but have some features of it, but tell me their docs think it's autoimmune) and dental hypoplasia (one sister lost all her teeth already in her 20's and we've all known about the lack of enamel since young so we are very metculous about brushing and flossing and we don't smoke or do drugs to help it along either), and those two illnesses/problems specifically afflicted our mom who died at age 38 but who had lost all her teeth by age 16 (in spite of the best dental insurance for the time) and who suffered from hyperthyroidism (weight loss is symptom - in a bad way - and the day my mom died she weighed 84 lbs at 5'4" - might have been 5'6" but I think it was the former. So it would seem SOMETHING is being passed on, but we don't know what. My moms mom died

at the same age as my mom, 38, of cancer, and my moms dad when my mom was 2 by being knocked off a Detroit Skyscraper by a crane. He makes it through WWII flying B 29's all over Europe, gets home, and gets knocked off a skyscraper. Wow.

My mother had some other issues like I know she "itched" all the time and would get wierd rashes, and suffered from an intense anxiety she would have periodically that I assume was hyperthyroid most of the time - but her actual thyroid diagnosis wasn't official until near her death (hit by a car), but if she had something else adrenal, she never mentioned it. My sisters as far as we know do not have any adrenal disorder, but both have other concerns like crazy weight fluctuations and fatigue issues (my 2 brothers and 3 other sisters with the same parents are fine except one brother with Pagets disease), so maybe something is adrenal.

But maybe their decades long opportunity/requirement it would seem to be misdiagnosed over and over and wait for their adrenal diagnosis isn't up yet - enough damage hasn't been done (geeze...did that sound sarcastic?.......because it was supposed to :-). I am the eldest of 8 kids so maybe I got to find out about PA first. still, no HTN or hypokalemia in them that they know of thank goodness,

Something to think about .

From: Sara <sara212729@...>Subject: thyroid linkhyperaldosteronism Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 11:18 AM

Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid function? I just found out my thyroid is high normal and was just curious. I'm wondering if after my adrenalectomy (on Friday) if that would level the thyroid out too.... I feel like it is one thing after the next. Thanks for any help. :)

Guest guest

I had hyper thyroid, diagnosed as Graves disease prior to PA. Had the thyroid

removed (bad idea) which lead to hypoparathyroid.

>

> Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid

function? I just found out my thyroid is high normal and was just curious. I'm

wondering if after my adrenalectomy (on Friday) if that would level the thyroid

out too.... I feel like it is one thing after the next. Thanks for any help. :)

>

Guest guest

I had hyper thyroid, diagnosed as Graves disease prior to PA. Had the thyroid

removed (bad idea) which lead to hypoparathyroid.

>

> Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid

>

Guest guest

When you say "high normal" are you referring to your TSH? or to your actual thyroid (T3 T4)? If your referring to your TSH being high normal than this is most likely leaning toward LOW thyroid. If your TSH is low then your leaning toward hyperthyroidism. But if your in the normal range, and not having symptoms, then probably not a thyroid issue at all

From: mmcandmcc <mmcandmcc@...>Subject: Re: thyroid linkhyperaldosteronism Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 2:36 PM

I had hyper thyroid, diagnosed as Graves disease prior to PA. Had the thyroid removed (bad idea) which lead to hypoparathyroid.>> Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid function? I just found out my thyroid is high normal and was just curious. I'm wondering if after my adrenalectomy (on Friday) if that would level the thyroid out too.... I feel like it is one thing after the next. Thanks for any help. :)>

Guest guest

When you say "high normal" are you referring to your TSH? or to your actual thyroid (T3 T4)? If your referring to your TSH being high normal than this is most likely leaning toward LOW thyroid. If your TSH is low then your leaning toward hyperthyroidism. But if your in the normal range, and not having symptoms, then probably not a thyroid issue at all

From: mmcandmcc <mmcandmcc@...>Subject: Re: thyroid linkhyperaldosteronism Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 2:36 PM

I had hyper thyroid, diagnosed as Graves disease prior to PA. Had the thyroid removed (bad idea) which lead to hypoparathyroid.>> Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid function? I just found out my thyroid is high normal and was just curious. I'm wondering if after my adrenalectomy (on Friday) if that would level the thyroid out too.... I feel like it is one thing after the next. Thanks for any help. :)>

Guest guest

Been my small experience. Thyroid surgery is tricky.CE Grim MDOn Jul 17, 2012, at 2:36 PM, mmcandmcc wrote:

I had hyper thyroid, diagnosed as Graves disease prior to PA. Had the thyroid removed (bad idea) which lead to hypoparathyroid.

>

> Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid function? I just found out my thyroid is high normal and was just curious. I'm wondering if after my adrenalectomy (on Friday) if that would level the thyroid out too.... I feel like it is one thing after the next. Thanks for any help. :)

>

Guest guest

Been my small experience. Thyroid surgery is tricky.CE Grim MDOn Jul 17, 2012, at 2:36 PM, mmcandmcc wrote:

I had hyper thyroid, diagnosed as Graves disease prior to PA. Had the thyroid removed (bad idea) which lead to hypoparathyroid.

>

> Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid function? I just found out my thyroid is high normal and was just curious. I'm wondering if after my adrenalectomy (on Friday) if that would level the thyroid out too.... I feel like it is one thing after the next. Thanks for any help. :)

>

Guest guest

When the nurse called me with my thyroid results she said my TSH was 0.19. I was

so surprised because when I was pregnant 7 months ago my thyroid was normal, but

on the lower end of that. I don't know if it could be a postpartum thing, lack

of sleep, or stress. I am having an adrenalectomy on Friday so I am hoping it

doesn't mess my thyroid up more if they are connected at all. Thanks for all the

input. I really appreciate it.

> >

> > Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid

> >

>

Guest guest

When the nurse called me with my thyroid results she said my TSH was 0.19. I was

so surprised because when I was pregnant 7 months ago my thyroid was normal, but

on the lower end of that. I don't know if it could be a postpartum thing, lack

of sleep, or stress. I am having an adrenalectomy on Friday so I am hoping it

doesn't mess my thyroid up more if they are connected at all. Thanks for all the

input. I really appreciate it.

> >

> > Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid

> >

>

Guest guest

Low TSH could mean a problem with pituitary gland as well as thyroid. Pituitary

can affect adrenal hormones. Might want to rethink having adrenalectomy until

more testing is do to be sure pituitary gland isn't part on problem.

Note you have AVS that shows left adrenal is making to much aldo. Many times AVS

is not done right and they miss testing the right adrenal gland.

> > >

> > > Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Low TSH could mean a problem with pituitary gland as well as thyroid. Pituitary

can affect adrenal hormones. Might want to rethink having adrenalectomy until

more testing is do to be sure pituitary gland isn't part on problem.

Note you have AVS that shows left adrenal is making to much aldo. Many times AVS

is not done right and they miss testing the right adrenal gland.

> > >

> > > Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

TSH low means you are making lots of thyroid unless you know you T problems caused by Pit problems. Focus on ADX now.Keep us posted.'CE Grim MDOn Jul 19, 2012, at 1:20 AM, Sara wrote:

When the nurse called me with my thyroid results she said my TSH was 0.19. I was so surprised because when I was pregnant 7 months ago my thyroid was normal, but on the lower end of that. I don't know if it could be a postpartum thing, lack of sleep, or stress. I am having an adrenalectomy on Friday so I am hoping it doesn't mess my thyroid up more if they are connected at all. Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it.

> >

> > Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid function? I just found out my thyroid is high normal and was just curious. I'm wondering if after my adrenalectomy (on Friday) if that would level the thyroid out too.... I feel like it is one thing after the next. Thanks for any help. :)

> >

>

Guest guest

TSH low means you are making lots of thyroid unless you know you T problems caused by Pit problems. Focus on ADX now.Keep us posted.'CE Grim MDOn Jul 19, 2012, at 1:20 AM, Sara wrote:

When the nurse called me with my thyroid results she said my TSH was 0.19. I was so surprised because when I was pregnant 7 months ago my thyroid was normal, but on the lower end of that. I don't know if it could be a postpartum thing, lack of sleep, or stress. I am having an adrenalectomy on Friday so I am hoping it doesn't mess my thyroid up more if they are connected at all. Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it.

> >

> > Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid function? I just found out my thyroid is high normal and was just curious. I'm wondering if after my adrenalectomy (on Friday) if that would level the thyroid out too.... I feel like it is one thing after the next. Thanks for any help. :)

> >

>

Guest guest

You have never really told us the details of your thyroid problem and don't see a thumbnail so can't comment further.CE Grim MDOn Jul 19, 2012, at 1:20 AM, Sara wrote:

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

This thyroid thing came as a surprise because I was at my pre op apt and the dr.

decided to test for it. All he told me was that tsh is 0.19 and he will recheck

it in a few months.

I am really hoping I don't have a pituitary tumor on top of an adrenal tumor

that they already found.

Do you think it is wise to go ahead with the adrenalectomy tomorrow if I don't

know much about my thyroid issue? I don't have any strange symptoms from Conn's

or thyroid besides high blood pressure, low potassium, and I have always been

one to stress out and worry. But not depression.

Thank you,

Sara

> > > >

> > > > Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Late to cancel I would say. I don't know you well enough to offer any advice.CE Grim MDOn Jul 19, 2012, at 10:20 PM, Sara wrote:

This thyroid thing came as a surprise because I was at my pre op apt and the dr. decided to test for it. All he told me was that tsh is 0.19 and he will recheck it in a few months.

I am really hoping I don't have a pituitary tumor on top of an adrenal tumor that they already found.

Do you think it is wise to go ahead with the adrenalectomy tomorrow if I don't know much about my thyroid issue? I don't have any strange symptoms from Conn's or thyroid besides high blood pressure, low potassium, and I have always been one to stress out and worry. But not depression.

Thank you,

Sara

> > > >

> > > > Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid function? I just found out my thyroid is high normal and was just curious. I'm wondering if after my adrenalectomy (on Friday) if that would level the thyroid out too.... I feel like it is one thing after the next. Thanks for any help. :)

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

If you sure that AVS was done 100% right than have the adrenalectomy.

It is possable to have both adrenal tumor and pituitary tumor. If so you might

have Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndrome.

> > > > >

> > > > > Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I would not worry about the pit at this time. CE Grim MDOn Jul 20, 2012, at 6:51 AM, Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA wrote:

If you sure that AVS was done 100% right than have the adrenalectomy.

It is possable to have both adrenal tumor and pituitary tumor. If so you might have Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndrome.

> > > > >

> > > > > Is there any connection between Primary HyperAldosteronism and thyroid function? I just found out my thyroid is high normal and was just curious. I'm wondering if after my adrenalectomy (on Friday) if that would level the thyroid out too.... I feel like it is one thing after the next. Thanks for any help. :)

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>