RemedySpot.com

RE: Started Aldactone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, you need to have your own records and keep track of things for yourself. No one here understands what " low thyroid " means or what meds you're on, what autoimmune disease you have, why or how you were diagnosed with fibro, why you're on Aldactone, etc. You should be keeping track of your own blood pressure and certainly, understand why you're taking a new medication. Where do you live? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of jacksonOn Jul 21, 2012, at 7:58 PM, jackson wrote: Advice as to whether to worry about this ..so I guess a question yes. Answers, dont know about the hypertension, but know I feel anxious, on thyroxin for low thyroid problem( no problems there ), no idea what my results are Dr didnt give me this information . But apparently in the blood results sometimes Conns turns up , sometimes it doesnt, so hence the starting on the small dose of Aldatone. I have had a ct scan, no tumour present, and also the urine test etc. I take imigraine occasionally for migraine but havent had one since I have been on Aldactone. I take fish oil, vit D and magnesium suppliments. Thats about it.Kind regards Glendahyperaldosteronism Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information - do you have hypertension, what meds are you on, what meds have you been on, what are your test results (with normal bands? Have you had a 24-hour urine, serum aldosterone and renin? From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of GlendaI was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me fibromyalgia type symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive thyroid, 11 days ago started on 25 mg of Aldactone.On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th day was unsteady on my feet. 11 days later these symptoms seem to be subsiding. On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if its anything to worry about.

Guest guest

I just wanted to know if the symptoms I was experiencing on the Aldactone which is I guess is the stuff that stops the pumping out of the hormones from the adrenals, was normal thats all. Rang my doc this morning meds have been cut in half. Im in Australia. No name for my autoimmune sorry it doesnt have any. Low thyroid (underactive thyroid gland ) I was diagnosed with fibro-type symptoms which is connected to the autoimmune. Sorry I cant be any clearer than that, if I was an expert I wouldnt need to ask for help from others. As for records Drs here dont give them to you.Kind regards Glendahyperaldosteronism From: val@...Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:25:18 -0600Subject: RE: Started Aldactone

, you need to have your own records and keep track of things for yourself. No one here understands what "low thyroid" means or what meds you're on, what autoimmune disease you have, why or how you were diagnosed with fibro, why you're on Aldactone, etc. You should be keeping track of your own blood pressure and certainly, understand why you're taking a new medication. Where do you live? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of jacksonOn Jul 21, 2012, at 7:58 PM, jackson wrote: Advice as to whether to worry about this ..so I guess a question yes. Answers, dont know about the hypertension, but know I feel anxious, on thyroxin for low thyroid problem( no problems there ), no idea what my results are Dr didnt give me this information . But apparently in the blood results sometimes Conns turns up , sometimes it doesnt, so hence the starting on the small dose of Aldatone. I have had a ct scan, no tumour present, and also the urine test etc. I take imigraine occasionally for migraine but havent had one since I have been on Aldactone. I take fish oil, vit D and magnesium suppliments. Thats about it.Kind regards Glendahyperaldosteronism Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information - do you have hypertension, what meds are you on, what meds have you been on, what are your test results (with normal bands? Have you had a 24-hour urine, serum aldosterone and renin? From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of GlendaI was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me fibromyalgia type symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive thyroid, 11 days ago started on 25 mg of Aldactone.On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th day was unsteady on my feet. 11 days later these symptoms seem to be subsiding. On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if its anything to worry about.

Guest guest

Then give us your detailed story. You cannot give us too many details. Where in Aust are u. I spent 1 year in Melbourne and know HTN EXPERTS in most big cities there. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 22, 2012, at 19:17, jackson <clairejack40@...> wrote:

I just wanted to know if the symptoms I was experiencing on the Aldactone which is I guess is the stuff that stops the pumping out of the hormones from the adrenals, was normal thats all. Rang my doc this morning meds have been cut in half. Im in Australia. No name for my autoimmune sorry it doesnt have any. Low thyroid (underactive thyroid gland ) I was diagnosed with fibro-type symptoms which is connected to the autoimmune. Sorry I cant be any clearer than that, if I was an expert I wouldnt need to ask for help from others. As for records Drs here dont give them to you.Kind regards Glendahyperaldosteronism From: val@...Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:25:18 -0600Subject: RE: Started Aldactone

, you need to have your own records and keep track of things for yourself. No one here understands what "low thyroid" means or what meds you're on, what autoimmune disease you have, why or how you were diagnosed with fibro, why you're on Aldactone, etc. You should be keeping track of your own blood pressure and certainly, understand why you're taking a new medication. Where do you live? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of

jacksonOn Jul 21, 2012, at 7:58 PM, jackson wrote: Advice as to whether to worry about this ..so I guess a question yes. Answers, dont know about the hypertension, but know I feel anxious, on thyroxin for low thyroid problem( no problems there ), no idea what my results are Dr didnt give me this information . But apparently in the blood results sometimes Conns turns up , sometimes it doesnt, so hence the starting on the small dose of Aldatone. I have had a ct scan, no tumour present, and also the urine test etc. I take imigraine occasionally for migraine but havent had one since I have been on Aldactone. I take fish oil, vit D and magnesium suppliments. Thats about it.Kind regards Glendahyperaldosteronism Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information - do you have hypertension, what meds are you on, what meds have you been on, what are your test results (with normal bands? Have you had a 24-hour urine, serum aldosterone and renin? From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of GlendaI was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me fibromyalgia type symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive thyroid, 11 days ago started on 25 mg of Aldactone.On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th day was unsteady on my feet. 11 days later these symptoms seem to be subsiding. On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if its anything to worry about.

Guest guest

Then give us your detailed story. You cannot give us too many details. Where in Aust are u. I spent 1 year in Melbourne and know HTN EXPERTS in most big cities there. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 22, 2012, at 19:17, jackson <clairejack40@...> wrote:

, you need to have your own records and keep track of things for yourself. No one here understands what "low thyroid" means or what meds you're on, what autoimmune disease you have, why or how you were diagnosed with fibro, why you're on Aldactone, etc. You should be keeping track of your own blood pressure and certainly, understand why you're taking a new medication. Where do you live? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of

jacksonOn Jul 21, 2012, at 7:58 PM, jackson wrote: Advice as to whether to worry about this ..so I guess a question yes. Answers, dont know about the hypertension, but know I feel anxious, on thyroxin for low thyroid problem( no problems there ), no idea what my results are Dr didnt give me this information . But apparently in the blood results sometimes Conns turns up , sometimes it doesnt, so hence the starting on the small dose of Aldatone. I have had a ct scan, no tumour present, and also the urine test etc. I take imigraine occasionally for migraine but havent had one since I have been on Aldactone. I take fish oil, vit D and magnesium suppliments. Thats about it.Kind regards Glendahyperaldosteronism Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information - do you have hypertension, what meds are you on, what meds have you been on, what are your test results (with normal bands? Have you had a 24-hour urine, serum aldosterone and renin? From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of GlendaI was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me fibromyalgia type symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive thyroid, 11 days ago started on 25 mg of Aldactone.On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th day was unsteady on my feet. 11 days later these symptoms seem to be subsiding. On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if its anything to worry about.

Guest guest

Thanks, . Sorry if I came off too strongly. Nearly all of us here have been misdiagnosed and mistreated, some for years. I spent at least nine years hypothyroid before diagnosis. Hypothyroidism (if Hashimoto's) is an autoimmune disease. I was once diagnosed with " polymyalgia " (whatever that is). Finally, after years and years if misdiagnosis, I got a proper diagnosis of Lyme disease and am getting treated for it. Lyme disregulates the immune system and certainly, has disregulated my entire endocrine system. I've had hypothyroidism, hyperparathyroidism, hyperaldosteronism, and now a bit high cortisol. Aldactone (spironolactone) blocks the effect of excess aldosterone, an adrenal hormone. It does not decrease it. I'm still curious why you are taking it. Has anyone told you to DASH? Excess sodium ingestion can negate the effect of spiro. We'd all like to hear more. Can you insist on having your records? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of jackson I just wanted to know if the symptoms I was experiencing on the Aldactone which is I guess is the stuff that stops the pumping out of the hormones from the adrenals, was normal thats all. Rang my doc this morning meds have been cut in half. Im in Australia. No name for my autoimmune sorry it doesnt have any. Low thyroid (underactive thyroid gland ) I was diagnosed with fibro-type symptoms which is connected to the autoimmune. Sorry I cant be any clearer than that, if I was an expert I wouldnt need to ask for help from others. As for records Drs here dont give them to you.Kind regards Glenda

Guest guest

Thanks, . Sorry if I came off too strongly. Nearly all of us here have been misdiagnosed and mistreated, some for years. I spent at least nine years hypothyroid before diagnosis. Hypothyroidism (if Hashimoto's) is an autoimmune disease. I was once diagnosed with " polymyalgia " (whatever that is). Finally, after years and years if misdiagnosis, I got a proper diagnosis of Lyme disease and am getting treated for it. Lyme disregulates the immune system and certainly, has disregulated my entire endocrine system. I've had hypothyroidism, hyperparathyroidism, hyperaldosteronism, and now a bit high cortisol. Aldactone (spironolactone) blocks the effect of excess aldosterone, an adrenal hormone. It does not decrease it. I'm still curious why you are taking it. Has anyone told you to DASH? Excess sodium ingestion can negate the effect of spiro. We'd all like to hear more. Can you insist on having your records? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of jackson I just wanted to know if the symptoms I was experiencing on the Aldactone which is I guess is the stuff that stops the pumping out of the hormones from the adrenals, was normal thats all. Rang my doc this morning meds have been cut in half. Im in Australia. No name for my autoimmune sorry it doesnt have any. Low thyroid (underactive thyroid gland ) I was diagnosed with fibro-type symptoms which is connected to the autoimmune. Sorry I cant be any clearer than that, if I was an expert I wouldnt need to ask for help from others. As for records Drs here dont give them to you.Kind regards Glenda