Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You need to give us more information to go on. Do you think or have or have had

testing for Hyperaldosteronism?

>

> I was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me

fibromyalgia type symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive

thyroid, 11 days ago started on 25 mg of Aldactone.

> On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th

day was unsteady on my feet. 11 days later these symptoms seem to be subsiding.

On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if its anything

to worry about.

>

Guest guest

Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information - do you have hypertension, what meds are you on, what meds have you been on, what are your test results (with normal bands? Have you had a 24-hour urine, serum aldosterone and renin? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of GlendaI was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me fibromyalgia type symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive thyroid, 11 days ago started on 25 mg of Aldactone.On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th day was unsteady on my feet. 11 days later these symptoms seem to be subsiding. On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if its anything to worry about.

Guest guest

Advice as to whether to worry about this ..so I guess a question yes. Answers, dont know about the hypertension, but know I feel anxious, on thyroxin for low thyroid problem( no problems there ), no idea what my results are Dr didnt give me this information . But apparently in the blood results sometimes Conns turns up , sometimes it doesnt, so hence the starting on the small dose of Aldatone. I have had a ct scan, no tumour present, and also the urine test etc. I take imigraine occasionally for migraine but havent had one since I have been on Aldactone. I take fish oil, vit D and magnesium suppliments. Thats about it.Kind regards Glendahyperaldosteronism From: val@...Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:28:07 -0600Subject: RE: Started Aldactone

Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information - do you have hypertension, what meds are you on, what meds have you been on, what are your test results (with normal bands? Have you had a 24-hour urine, serum aldosterone and renin? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of GlendaI was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me fibromyalgia type symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive thyroid, 11 days ago started on 25 mg of Aldactone.On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th day was unsteady on my feet. 11 days later these symptoms seem to be subsiding. On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if its anything to worry about.

Guest guest

Complete the attached excel file as much as you can then we can help better.CE Grim MD

On Jul 21, 2012, at 7:58 PM, jackson wrote:

Advice as to whether to worry about this ..so I guess a question yes. Answers, dont know about the hypertension, but know I feel anxious, on thyroxin for low thyroid problem( no problems there ), no idea what my results are Dr didnt give me this information . But apparently in the blood results sometimes Conns turns up , sometimes it doesnt, so hence the starting on the small dose of Aldatone. I have had a ct scan, no tumour present, and also the urine test etc. I take imigraine occasionally for migraine but havent had one since I have been on Aldactone. I take fish oil, vit D and magnesium suppliments. Thats about it.Kind regards Glendahyperaldosteronism From: val@...Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:28:07 -0600Subject: RE: Started Aldactone

Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information - do you have hypertension, what meds are you on, what meds have you been on, what are your test results (with normal bands? Have you had a 24-hour urine, serum aldosterone and renin? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of GlendaI was diagnosed with an

autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me fibromyalgia type symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive thyroid, 11 days ago started on 25 mg of Aldactone.On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th day was unsteady on my feet. 11 days later these symptoms seem to be subsiding. On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if its anything to worry about.

1 of 1 File(s)

Dr. Grim Excel Data Consultations 120721.xlsx

Guest guest

Gr Grim how are you saying this excel file? Are you planing to look at each time

you reply to someones question? If others want to reply to something how do they

look at file?

I do know saves the attachments but not in a way that makes it easy to

find them. Saves then in order of time and date they are recived.

>

> >

> > Advice as to whether to worry about this ..so I guess a question yes.

Answers, dont know about the hypertension, but know I feel anxious, on thyroxin

for low thyroid problem( no problems there ), no idea what my results are Dr

didnt give me this information . But apparently in the blood results sometimes

Conns turns up , sometimes it doesnt, so hence the starting on the small dose of

Aldatone. I have had a ct scan, no tumour present, and also the urine test etc.

I take imigraine occasionally for migraine but havent had one since I have been

on Aldactone. I take fish oil, vit D and magnesium suppliments. Thats about it.

> > Kind regards Glenda

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > hyperaldosteronism

> > From: val@...

> > Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:28:07 -0600

> > Subject: RE: Started Aldactone

> >

> >

> >

> > Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information

- do you have hypertension, what meds are you on, what meds have you been on,

what are your test results (with normal bands? Have you had a 24-hour urine,

serum aldosterone and renin?

> >

> >

> > Val

> >

> >

> > From: hyperaldosteronism

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Glenda

> >

> >

> > I was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me

fibromyalgia type symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive

thyroid, 11 days ago started on 25 mg of Aldactone.

> > On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th

On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if its anything

to worry about.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

, you need to have your own records and keep track of things for yourself. No one here understands what " low thyroid " means or what meds you're on, what autoimmune disease you have, why or how you were diagnosed with fibro, why you're on Aldactone, etc. You should be keeping track of your own blood pressure and certainly, understand why you're taking a new medication. Where do you live? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of jacksonOn Jul 21, 2012, at 7:58 PM, jackson wrote: Advice as to whether to worry about this ..so I guess a question yes. Answers, dont know about the hypertension, but know I feel anxious, on thyroxin for low thyroid problem( no problems there ), no idea what my results are Dr didnt give me this information . But apparently in the blood results sometimes Conns turns up , sometimes it doesnt, so hence the starting on the small dose of Aldatone. I have had a ct scan, no tumour present, and also the urine test etc. I take imigraine occasionally for migraine but havent had one since I have been on Aldactone. I take fish oil, vit D and magnesium suppliments. Thats about it.Kind regards Glendahyperaldosteronism Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information - do you have hypertension, what meds are you on, what meds have you been on, what are your test results (with normal bands? Have you had a 24-hour urine, serum aldosterone and renin? From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of GlendaI was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me fibromyalgia type symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive thyroid, 11 days ago started on 25 mg of Aldactone.On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th day was unsteady on my feet. 11 days later these symptoms seem to be subsiding. On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if its anything to worry about.

Guest guest

I just wanted to know if the symptoms I was experiencing on the Aldactone which is I guess is the stuff that stops the pumping out of the hormones from the adrenals, was normal thats all. Rang my doc this morning meds have been cut in half. Im in Australia. No name for my autoimmune sorry it doesnt have any. Low thyroid (underactive thyroid gland ) I was diagnosed with fibro-type symptoms which is connected to the autoimmune. Sorry I cant be any clearer than that, if I was an expert I wouldnt need to ask for help from others. As for records Drs here dont give them to you.Kind regards Glendahyperaldosteronism From: val@...Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:25:18 -0600Subject: RE: Started Aldactone

, you need to have your own records and keep track of things for yourself. No one here understands what "low thyroid" means or what meds you're on, what autoimmune disease you have, why or how you were diagnosed with fibro, why you're on Aldactone, etc. You should be keeping track of your own blood pressure and certainly, understand why you're taking a new medication. Where do you live? Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of jacksonOn Jul 21, 2012, at 7:58 PM, jackson wrote: Advice as to whether to worry about this ..so I guess a question yes. Answers, dont know about the hypertension, but know I feel anxious, on thyroxin for low thyroid problem( no problems there ), no idea what my results are Dr didnt give me this information . But apparently in the blood results sometimes Conns turns up , sometimes it doesnt, so hence the starting on the small dose of Aldatone. I have had a ct scan, no tumour present, and also the urine test etc. I take imigraine occasionally for migraine but havent had one since I have been on Aldactone. I take fish oil, vit D and magnesium suppliments. Thats about it.Kind regards Glendahyperaldosteronism Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information - do you have hypertension, what meds are you on, what meds have you been on, what are your test results (with normal bands? Have you had a 24-hour urine, serum aldosterone and renin? From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of GlendaI was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me fibromyalgia type symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive thyroid, 11 days ago started on 25 mg of Aldactone.On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th day was unsteady on my feet. 11 days later these symptoms seem to be subsiding. On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if its anything to worry about.

Guest guest

The problem was not yours Dr Grim. It was the attachment that filled out

and said she sent. That attachment doesn't show up.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Advice as to whether to worry about this ..so I guess a question yes.

Conns turns up , sometimes it doesnt, so hence the starting on the small dose of

> > > Kind regards Glenda

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > hyperaldosteronism

> > > From: val@

> > > Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:28:07 -0600

> > > Subject: RE: Started Aldactone

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information

serum aldosterone and renin? Val From: hyperaldosteronism

> > >

> > > I was diagnosed with an

> > > autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me fibromyalgia type

symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive thyroid, 11 days ago

started on 25 mg of Aldactone.

> > > On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the

4th day was unsteady on my feet. 11 days later these symptoms seem to be

subsiding. On the packet of meds it says may cause drowsiness , so not sure if

its anything to worry about.

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

If you want the best help this group can give you then you you need to give us

as much infoimation as you can. If you can't make a attached file work then just

put ihe information in your reply.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > Advice as to whether to worry about this ..so I guess a question yes.

>

> > Kind regards Glenda

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > hyperaldosteronism

>

> > From: val@

>

> > Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:28:07 -0600

>

> > Subject: RE: Started Aldactone

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > Welcome, Glenda! Are you asking a question? We need much more information

serum aldosterone and renin? Val From: hyperaldosteronism

>

> >

>

> > I was diagnosed with an

>

> > autoimmune condition some 10 year ago, giving me fibromyalgia type

symptoms. Last year was put on meds for an underactive thyroid, 11 days ago

started on 25 mg of Aldactone.

>

> > On the first day I was really fatigued and tired with sore eyes, on the 4th

to worry about.

>

> >

>