Potassium Output 93

Sodium Output 98

GP says he wants my cholesterol lower, an MRI on the Kidneys to check on the

renal arteries, and an ECG (he thinks the pulse is a little erratic). BP 128 /

76 (average from two afternoons in June based on best of three). Been on spiro

since 1977 - wonder what the future holds! Live in Northern England between

Leeds and manchester.

>

> > For the last 2 years I have been helping my late wife during her battle with

Bowel Cancer which she lost last July. Prior to that I had seen two different

Endo's in the UK for the first time (I was Dx 1977 and currently on 100 mg Spiro

and 15 mg Enalapril)and both suggested surgery on my kidneys. The last Endo in

Burnley suggested I didn't have Conns at all, even though I have had a sub-total

adrenalectomy in 1978 and that Spiro is the only drug that brings my BP back

down after they did their failed Aldo / Renin Ration test 18 months ago.

Recently however the tachycardia has kicked in after a long period of quiesence.

Having been on these meds for so long, what might I expect? Is diabetes a

possibility? Are other patients in a similar position offered kidney surgery? Is

it worth it! Very difficult to maintain confidence in local physicians. Since my

wife passed away I have been much more focused on eating foods with as little Na

in as possible.

> >

> > Sorry for the long post.

Guest guest

K, it should would help if you'd put your lab's normal bands in. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of K Re: Returning Member At last Dr Grim I have some numbers:Age 60Weight 90 KgBody Mass Index 26.1Blood Results (mmo1/L)Na 140K 4.9Serum Creatinine 112 umo1/LSerum Cholesterol 4.7Serum Cholesterol / HDL Ratio 5.2Plasma fasting Glucose Level 4.524 Hour Urine Electrolytes (mmo1/L)Potassium 50.2Sodium 53Urea 240Creatinine 7.3Creatinine Output 13.5Potassium Output 93Sodium Output 98GP says he wants my cholesterol lower, an MRI on the Kidneys to check on therenal arteries, and an ECG (he thinks the pulse is a little erratic). BP 128 /76 (average from two afternoons in June based on best of three). Been on spirosince 1977 - wonder what the future holds! Live in Northern England between Leeds and manchester.>> Suspect if you are eating out at all in UK You are outsalting the Spiro.Exactly what on your kidneys did they want to operate on? There are HTN EXPERTSin UK and I know many. Where do u live now? Try to get your team to do a 24 hrurine for Na K and creat or even a spot urine in the office. If there is notmore K in urine than Na then Send numbers and I will eat ate ntake.

Guest guest

If your BP is being controlled with spiro alone very unlikely you have RAS.Excellent Urine lytes for one in the UK.Goal for DASH is to have more K than Na in the urine and you are almost there.Would like to see 24 hr Na closer to 70-80.Why does he "want" to check renal arteries?BP normal on spiro,k creat normal, I think but dont think in Int Units yet.So alway include normal values for thus on this side of the puddle who have not made the conversion yet. CE Grim MDOn Jul 11, 2012, at 12:44 PM, K wrote: Re: Returning Member At last Dr Grim I have some numbers: Age 60 Weight 90 Kg Body Mass Index 26.1 Blood Results (mmo1/L) Na 140 K 4.9 Serum Creatinine 112 umo1/L Serum Cholesterol 4.7 Serum Cholesterol / HDL Ratio 5.2 Plasma fasting Glucose Level 4.5 24 Hour Urine Electrolytes (mmo1/L) Potassium 50.2 Sodium 53 Urea 240 Creatinine 7.3 Creatinine Output 13.5 Potassium Output 93 Sodium Output 98 GP says he wants my cholesterol lower, an MRI on the Kidneys to check on the renal arteries, and an ECG (he thinks the pulse is a little erratic). BP 128 / 76 (average from two afternoons in June based on best of three). Been on spiro since 1977 - wonder what the future holds! Live in Northern England between Leeds and manchester. > > > For the last 2 years I have been helping my late wife during her battle with Bowel Cancer which she lost last July. Prior to that I had seen two different Endo's in the UK for the first time (I was Dx 1977 and currently on 100 mg Spiro and 15 mg Enalapril)and both suggested surgery on my kidneys. The last Endo in Burnley suggested I didn't have Conns at all, even though I have had a sub-total adrenalectomy in 1978 and that Spiro is the only drug that brings my BP back down after they did their failed Aldo / Renin Ration test 18 months ago. Recently however the tachycardia has kicked in after a long period of quiesence. Having been on these meds for so long, what might I expect? Is diabetes a possibility? Are other patients in a similar position offered kidney surgery? Is it worth it! Very difficult to maintain confidence in local physicians. Since my wife passed away I have been much more focused on eating foods with as little Na in as possible. > > > > Sorry for the long post.