RemedySpot.com

Urine test

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Picking up my supplies for the 24 hour urine test today. Any advice, any one

have something to share that I might not hear from the instructions?

a

Female

146/96

Off spiro for 3 weeks for this test

High K vegan diet

Type II diabetes, metformin

Diagnosed as possible PA in February of 2012

History of low K since 2002 (documented)

High BP diagnosed 2005, prescribed BB and diuretic, switched to aldactizide in

2010, spiro since February 2012 due to low K.

Aldo/Renin ratio 22.5, non-fasting late morning blood test

Guest guest

This is a test that you really don't have to study for! You do NOT save the first void of the day and then save every drop until the first void of the next day which you DO save. It is important to stop the test at the same time of day so you get exactly a 24 hour sample. As a female they should give you a "hat" which you put under the toilet seat to catch the urine which you transfer into the jug. The urine needs to be kept cool so have space in a refridgerator or have an ice chest (cooler).

I had a little trouble deciding what meds you are on and you didn't give us the dosage. Are you off all meds. except metformin? (While I think about it, NEVER let them do a scan with contrast while you are on METFORMIN or anything that contains metformin, it can ruin your kidneys. NIH takes you off it and manages your DM w/insulin - made me appreciate what type 1's go thru!)

Good thumbnail, I won't ask your weight but you might add BMI.

>> Picking up my supplies for the 24 hour urine test today. Any advice, any one have something to share that I might not hear from the instructions?> > a> 52> Female> 146/96> Off spiro for 3 weeks for this test> High K vegan diet> Type II diabetes, metformin> Diagnosed as possible PA in February of 2012> History of low K since 2002 (documented)> High BP diagnosed 2005, prescribed BB and diuretic, switched to aldactizide in 2010, spiro since February 2012 due to low K.> Aldo/Renin ratio 22.5, non-fasting late morning blood test>

Guest guest

When I had my 24 hr test, they gave me paper cups to pee in. Some times they were big enough. But most times they weren't. So I lost a lot. How does that affect the test results?JanetOn Jul 30, 2012, at 4:11 PM, Grim Clarence <lowerbp2@...> wrote:

If you pee a lot get 2 jugs. BE sure they order Na,K and creatinine, aldo and cortisol unless they have done this before.Do not lose a drop of this liquid gold!pee and throw out when you start write down time. Collect in jug all including the one you pee at 24 hrs and add to jug. CE Grim MDOn Jul 30, 2012, at 7:10 AM, pnb60 wrote:

Picking up my supplies for the 24 hour urine test today. Any advice, any one have something to share that I might not hear from the instructions?

a

Female

146/96

Off spiro for 3 weeks for this test

High K vegan diet

Type II diabetes, metformin

Diagnosed as possible PA in February of 2012

History of low K since 2002 (documented)

High BP diagnosed 2005, prescribed BB and diuretic, switched to aldactizide in 2010, spiro since February 2012 due to low K.

Aldo/Renin ratio 22.5, non-fasting late morning blood test

=

Guest guest

it invalidates it. When you redo it use any clean jar that holds more than you

do.

> >

> >>

> >> Picking up my supplies for the 24 hour urine test today. Any advice, any

one have something to share that I might not hear from the instructions?

> >>

> >> a

> >> 52

> >> Female

> >> 146/96

> >> Off spiro for 3 weeks for this test

> >> High K vegan diet

> >> Type II diabetes, metformin

> >> Diagnosed as possible PA in February of 2012

> >> History of low K since 2002 (documented)

> >> High BP diagnosed 2005, prescribed BB and diuretic, switched to aldactizide

in 2010, spiro since February 2012 due to low K.

> >> Aldo/Renin ratio 22.5, non-fasting late morning blood test

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>