RemedySpot.com

Wait-Cedars-Sinai now?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Re: bungled AVS--LOL. Yes, but first I'd have to educate all these people that it was bungled, of course, to justify going out of network. I work for the largest community college district in the world, so I have really good insurance, but have had the HMO plan all these years be/c it's meant cheaper out of pocket costs for covering two kids for all those unintended things in life. But now, I'm rueing the day I opted for the HMO be/c I want more flexibility.But, here's a bright side--this morning I got a notice in mail--I've been approved to go to Cedars-Sinai Hospital for consultation. My PCP said he knew of no specific doctors who dealt with adrenal tumors and acknowledged having zero experience w/ PA. He knew my insurance wouldn't cover UCLA, but would cover Cedars. So he said

he would do everything within his power to get me there--that was the best he could do. I respected his humility. He was the one who said I needed to go see a nephrologist in the first place. Normal turn around time is 14 days for an approval and he put a rush on it and got me authorized in 5 days. Pretty amazed.Cedars does laproscopic adrenalectomies and has some info. posted on PA in their heart care section. So, does anyone have any referrals for nephrologists, urologists, and endrocrine doctors at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles? It appears they have adrenalectomies organized under their urology department, not endocrine. Is that unusual or perhaps speaks to a lack of understanding around the connection between PA/HTN and these tumors? I guess I'll find out.Onward-Monika