RemedySpot.com

Re: PMR, TA and statins (for )

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am wondering if Lipitor, in particular, might have ANYTHING to do with my suddenly being diagnosed with, Viterous Detachment. =========================================================Jeff Cable <jeff@...> wrote: , Statins causing myalgias and myopathy is well known and well doicument and statins hhave been associated with PMR. PMR is thought to give rise to TA. Zetia is a drug that belongs to the group of bile acid sequestrants and it

will lower cholesterol to some extent. Women have not been shown in primary or secondary care applications to derive any benefit from having a lower cholesterol. Cholesterol is eseential for a healthy functioning body and it has never been shown to cause heart disease in the 50 or so years that it has been studied, since being implicated falsely by Ancel Keys and the Framingham study as being a causative agent in heart disease.Jeff>> My mother was having horrible side effects from statins... Was almost > crippled by them. She finally found a doctor that would listen. They > took her off the statins, although there's some talk of zetia in the > future. She was just diagnosed with temporal arteritis and polymyalgia > rhuematica. I was

wondering if both conditions might be linked to or > caused by the statin use? I know we are looking at the number of > people diagnosed with ALS, but anyone out there been diagnosed with PR > and TA after taking statins? > > >

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.