RemedySpot.com

Re: - My physical and the drug company ad spending

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Second topic first, if you didnt see the news, today on the network news they said a new more comprehensive study found that the drug industry spends much more than previously thought, twice as much promoting the drugs as it does researching them. I think it was about $85 billion on marketing. Who is surprized? And they didnt count the enormous spending they do pushing drugs to the doctors for uses unapproved by the FDA. You have to understand the effect this has on doctors in the long run. Ah yes, my annual physical. Keep in mind I pretty much am inclined to bow down and kiss the feet of any person in the medical field, after having been cured of chronic leukemia with a bone marrow transplant 11 years ago, which involved dozens of wonderful drugs that helped save my life. Nonetheless, I simply seek the truth about the benefits/harms/risks of all drugs being pushed on us. Is that asking

too much? So while in the waiting area of my doctor Wednesday, a fine looking young man in a nice suit comes in, goes up to the window and says he is here to give them more free samples of Lipitor. The woman behind the desk frowned, and checked and finally told him they had plenty, and he left. Maybe he should have tried a big tray of coffee and donuts, like the other drug reps I have seen there. At least that way you get in the door to put the tray down...I resisted the temptation to ask him about the statin ads that say they dont prevent heart disease.... So, my doc said I am in great shape, better bloodwork than most 54 year olds, but my cholesterol is still high. So I mentioned things like the ads that say the statins do not prevent heart disease/attacks, the fact that a 30% risk reduction really means a 2 percent chance of avoiding a heart attack, and she sort of mumbled that

"well, some people are being helped..." and she said that we must be reading different studies. She also had no response when I told her that there were found to be NO studies done to justify the recommendation, that was widely promoted, that your LDL should be 100 and not 110. She also did not know that the statins depleted coq10 and that one company actually had prepared their orginal formula with coq10 in it. She also said that high triglycerides were not associated with higher risk of heart disease but I thought I have read otherwise in many places?? I thought they were a BETTER predictor of heart disease? Let me guess, the studies are conflicting or inconclusive? Anyway it is just so unnerving to see doctors, who are definitely some of the smartest people in the world, so brainwashed and bribed about the statins. Be careful out there. Kip

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Hi Kip,

Its good to hear about your success with overcoming chronic

leukemia. Congratulations.

You present some interesting contrasts with the medical profession.

On one hand, they were " smart " in helping you overcome your leukemia.

But on the other hand, your doc sure seems blank when it comes to

heart disease and thus just goes through the motions according to her

medical guidelines. For her not to know about tryglicerides, CoQ10

depletion from statins or the fact that statins activates a gene that

destroys muscles is a dangerous insult to all of us who have learned

to trust people like her.

jlk

> So, my doc said I am in great shape, better bloodwork than most

54 year olds, but my cholesterol is still high. So I mentioned things

like the ads that say the statins do not prevent heart

disease/attacks, the fact that a 30% risk reduction really means a 2

percent chance of avoiding a heart attack, and she sort of mumbled

that " well, some people are being helped... " and she said that we

must be reading different studies.

>

> She also had no response when I told her that there were found to

be NO studies done to justify the recommendation, that was widely

promoted, that your LDL should be 100 and not 110. She also did not

know that the statins depleted coq10 and that one company actually

had prepared their orginal formula with coq10 in it.

>

> She also said that high triglycerides were not associated with

higher risk of heart disease but I thought I have read otherwise in

many places?? I thought they were a BETTER predictor of heart

disease? Let me guess, the studies are conflicting or inconclusive?

>

> Anyway it is just so unnerving to see doctors, who are definitely

some of the smartest people in the world, so brainwashed and bribed

about the statins. Be careful out there.

>

> Kip

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>