RemedySpot.com

Update on Logan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Everyone---

I just wanted to give a quick update on Logan. He is all set to go in tomorrow morning for cast #12. We were soooo hoping and praying that this was the last cast for the guy, because my husband and I could'nt see a curve or feel one. (YAY). But when we got here today the doc says he could see some fullness on one side due to Logan's rotation. So if the experienced eyes could see something, we are casting again. Doc said best case scenario would be 6-8 more months then an x ray out of cast to prove its a zero, then one more after that. So we are going through another summer. ugh. But we did one, we can do another. I figure we can pay up with 2 summers if our reward is a cured lil boy! So here we go.

I tell you what. From the High ups and the bottomless downs, scoliosis not only takes out the one it inhabits, but takes down the family with it. I would have never thought this journey was going to wear on all of us like is has. I just keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel, because it is still there for Logan. He is fortunate to still have the chance for a cure, and Im extreamly grateful for that.

-

Logan's mama (45 down to 9 out of cas,t as of our out of cast xray last September, 2 years old)

Your family has been on this journey for a long time. Are you nearing 3

yrs? I just wanted to say that its great that your doc is one to take no

chances. It sounds like Logan is on the homestretch. One day soon, this

will all be a memory....Keep up the good work and congrats!

HRH

> Hey Everyone---

>  

> I just wanted to give a quick update on Logan. He is all set to go in

> tomorrow morning for cast #12. We were soooo hoping and praying that this

> was the last cast for the guy, because my husband and I  could'nt see a

> curve or feel one. (YAY). But when we got here today the doc says he could

> see some fullness on one side due to Logan's rotation. So if the

> experienced eyes could see something, we are casting again. Doc said best

> case scenario would be 6-8 more months then an x ray out of cast to prove

> its a zero,  then one more after that. So we are going through another

> summer. ugh. But we did one, we can do another.  I figure we can pay up

> with 2 summers if our reward is a cured lil boy! So here we go.

>  

> I tell you what. From the High ups and the bottomless downs, scoliosis not

> only takes out the one it inhabits, but takes down the family with it. I

> would have never thought this journey was going to wear on all of us like

> is has. I just keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel, because

> it is still there for Logan. He is fortunate to still have the chance for

> a cure, and Im extreamly grateful for that.

>  

> -

> Logan's mama (45 down to 9 out of cas,t as of our out of cast xray last

> September, 2 years old)

,You are doing great with him :) it is very hard and we'd just begun with jaylin,1st cast this past dec. stories like this and every others keeps us going., knowing that we are not alone and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry all of us have to go through this, but to have a site that we are able to go to and talk to other parents and wish them luck and to see how they are doing, is so helpful and makes us all feel like a huge family :)Keep hanging in there guys:) so very close!!!Live, laugh, and loveJoyOn Feb 6, 2012, at 8:50 PM, Medlin <amanda.medlin@...> wrote:

Hey Everyone---

I just wanted to give a quick update on Logan. He is all set to go in tomorrow morning for cast #12. We were soooo hoping and praying that this was the last cast for the guy, because my husband and I could'nt see a curve or feel one. (YAY). But when we got here today the doc says he could see some fullness on one side due to Logan's rotation. So if the experienced eyes could see something, we are casting again. Doc said best case scenario would be 6-8 more months then an x ray out of cast to prove its a zero, then one more after that. So we are going through another summer. ugh. But we did one, we can do another. I figure we can pay up with 2 summers if our reward is a cured lil boy! So here we go.

I tell you what. From the High ups and the bottomless downs, scoliosis not only takes out the one it inhabits, but takes down the family with it. I would have never thought this journey was going to wear on all of us like is has. I just keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel, because it is still there for Logan. He is fortunate to still have the chance for a cure, and Im extreamly grateful for that.

-

Logan's mama (45 down to 9 out of cas,t as of our out of cast xray last September, 2 years old)

=

Thanks =) From: Joy Luedemann <jll_mickey@...> "infantile scoliosis treatment " <infantile scoliosis treatment > Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:51 PM Subject: Re:

Update on Logan

,You are doing great with him :) it is very hard and we'd just begun with jaylin,1st cast this past dec. stories like this and every others keeps us going., knowing that we are not alone and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry all of us have to go through this, but to have a site that we are able to go to and talk to other parents and wish them luck and to see how they are doing, is so helpful and makes us all feel like a huge family :)Keep hanging in there guys:) so very close!!!Live, laugh, and loveJoyOn Feb 6, 2012, at 8:50 PM, Medlin <amanda.medlin@...> wrote:

Hey Everyone---

-

=

Thanks ! We are going on 2 years, but it feeeeeeeeels like 20. But I love love love the comment, " one day this will all be a memory". I needed to hear that =))) From: "heather@..." <heather@...> infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 5:40 PM Subject: Re: Update on Logan

Your family has been on this journey for a long time. Are you nearing 3

yrs? I just wanted to say that its great that your doc is one to take no

chances. It sounds like Logan is on the homestretch. One day soon, this

will all be a memory....Keep up the good work and congrats!

HRH

> Hey Everyone---

>

> I just wanted to give a quick update on Logan. He is all set to go in

> tomorrow morning for cast #12. We were soooo hoping and praying that this

> was the last cast for the guy, because my husband and I could'nt see a

> curve or feel one. (YAY). But when we got here today the doc says he could

> see some fullness on one side due to Logan's rotation. So if the

> experienced eyes could see something, we are casting again. Doc said best

> case scenario would be 6-8 more months then an x ray out of cast to prove

> its a zero, then one more after that. So we are going through another

> summer. ugh. But we did one, we can do another. I figure we can pay up

> with 2 summers if our reward is a cured lil boy! So here we go.

>

> I tell you what. From the High ups and the bottomless downs, scoliosis not

> only takes out the one it inhabits, but takes down the family with it. I

> would have never thought this journey was going to wear on all of us like

> is has. I just keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel, because

> it is still there for Logan. He is fortunate to still have the chance for

> a cure, and Im extreamly grateful for that.

>

> -

> Logan's mama (45 down to 9 out of cas,t as of our out of cast xray last

> September, 2 years old)

You and Logan are so close!  Just keep doing what you’re doing and before you know it, it ~will~ be just a memory.  You have moved mountains for your boy and he will thank you one day.  Keep up the good fight!  And, know what a lucky young man he is.  Have a great weekend.HRH From: infantile scoliosis treatment [mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of MedlinSent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:03 PMinfantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: Update on Logan Thanks ! We are going on 2 years, but it feeeeeeeeels like 20. But I love love love the comment, " one day this will all be a memory " . I needed to hear that =))) From: " heather@... " <heather@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 5:40 PMSubject: Re: Update on Logan Your family has been on this journey for a long time. Are you nearing 3yrs? I just wanted to say that its great that your doc is one to take nochances. It sounds like Logan is on the homestretch. One day soon, thiswill all be a memory....Keep up the good work and congrats!HRH> Hey Everyone---> > I just wanted to give a quick update on Logan. He is all set to go in> tomorrow morning for cast #12. We were soooo hoping and praying that this> was the last cast for the guy, because my husband and I could'nt see a> curve or feel one. (YAY). But when we got here today the doc says he could> see some fullness on one side due to Logan's rotation. So if the> experienced eyes could see something, we are casting again. Doc said best> case scenario would be 6-8 more months then an x ray out of cast to prove> its a zero, then one more after that. So we are going through another> summer. ugh. But we did one, we can do another. I figure we can pay up> with 2 summers if our reward is a cured lil boy! So here we go.> > I tell you what. From the High ups and the bottomless downs, scoliosis not> only takes out the one it inhabits, but takes down the family with it. I> would have never thought this journey was going to wear on all of us like> is has. I just keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel, because> it is still there for Logan. He is fortunate to still have the chance for> a cure, and Im extreamly grateful for that.> > -> Logan's mama (45 down to 9 out of cas,t as of our out of cast xray last> September, 2 years old)