RemedySpot.com

Shane and his new brace

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well, as you all know, Shane had to have his last cast cut only after 11 days in. I'm sure you all remember his sore and the fact that I didn't know what to do since Dr. C was taking the casting option off the table (for now). Shane had a mold made for a Boston Brace on 2/16 and we picked it up and he was fitted in it yesterday (3/5). I was very concerned because I didn't know what to expect. He had made a 10º improvement since he was first casted by Dr. C on 4/8/11. I was afraid that we might lose the progress we made. The last in cast x-ray taken 2/2/12 (after cast 6 was applied) he measured 21º. They took that cast on 2/13/12 (due to the emergency) and on 2/16/12 they took an out of cast x-ray that measured 43º. So, it's been a few weeks and I was nervous about what the numbers might be. Well, they took an in brace x-ray and to my surprise, Shane measured 20º. He's even 1º lower than he was in the last cast.

Although it breaks my heart to see my baby like this, he was in a lot of discomfort today on the school bus ride home, I love the idea of being able to take the brace off every night even for only an hour. Hopefully this will stop any more sores. I know I can't handle more of them. But just as important, here's to hoping that this brace works as well as the cast did (with regards to correction).

SUZY ºOºsuzy3333