RemedySpot.com

Re: Sculptra and Artefill comments - USA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI Adena!

Long time no see. I remember your great testimony at the Sculptra panel meeting at the FDA when they were reviewing for approval.  You are probably responsible for its approval since the panel strongly felt that there was no enough data on Sculptra for its approval, but they approved it anyway due to patient 's needs.  Your testimony made people cry.

I am so sorry that you are still dealing with facial wasting.

I cannot disclose more than this, but a new group of people will probably take over Artes and make it easier to help people with HIV acces Artefill. Stay tuned and I will let you guys know more soon.

You can also access a high grade PMMA at Dr Casavantes office in Tijuana or Dr Serra in Rio de Janeiro. You can also try silicone microdropplet in Houston with Dr Bowden or in LA with Dr , but that would take at least 6 trips.  Do not buy the expensive Arterfill !!! Wait a bit til we have more information from the new owners that seem more poz friendly

Sculptra and Artefill comments - USA

I just have to tell my story again in case others hav

en't heard it.

I'm a white woman w/moderate to severe lipoatrophy.  I personally testified to the FDA in 2004 for the approval of Sculptra.  At the time - it was all we had - and I was desperate.

I travelled out-of-state and did a total of 16 injections of sculptra over a few years - participating in the studies, etc.  I would tell you to not expect any long lasting results.  It was extremely expensive (even with the patient assistance program) considering the short-term results.  I started my treatments in 2002 - and I know it sounds like a long time, but 16 injections and six years later - I am done with Sculptra - as all my improvements are gone.  The Dr. did tell me I was an unusual case, but I cannot endorse this product personally any longer.  If I have to do thousands of dollars for touch-ups yearly - then what's the point?  For the dollars I spent, and now I'm back to the original stage I started in - just a few years later.  It's not just about the money - it's also about the PAIN that goes with Sculptra injections and the 3-5 days of bruising and throbbing.  I would say, I would learn to live with my face and save money for something more permanent.  Definitely do not take D4t or DDi - those are the two that killed my looks. 

I just started Artefill in the US - and the costs are not as bad as some website states.  I paid $1000. for a .8 syringe and we will probably do about 6 total, maybe more depending on how much more I want to do (or how vain).  It can also be used on your nose.  My nose got much thinner with lipoatrophy as well.  My new Dr. said it could be used in my temple area as well.  He won't even inject Sculptra anymore - says he hates to see patients throw their money away needlessly. 

I heard that Artefill (Artes Medical) has filed for bankruptcy.  I have asked my Dr. to hold 7-9 more syringes from his available stock, just in case it becomes completely unavailable.  Hopefully some other company will see the value in a permanent product and buy the product rights.  Can someone confirm this?

I still have hope for something permanent and natural - I have not heard or spoken with anyone who did implants that was completely satisfied.  Their comment was that with fillers were still necessary even with implants.

So - I start my next round of thousands of dollars on PMMA/Artef

ill and will hope for the best.  First set of injections was not nearly as painful or deep as Sculptra and found that the 16 mg of valium I usually take with Sculptra probably wasn't  necessary.  This might also have something to do with different injection techniques and smaller needles...  Dr. said the formula used in the USA is more pure than the one used in Europe.  I did have to do a skin test for bovine collagen, as it was described to be to be the suspension that holds the PMMA particles in place - the bovine collagen eventually gets absorbed, leaving behind PMMA product that your body creates collagen to surround.  This 'collagen surrounded product' is supposedly permanent.

http://www.artesmedical.com/

Stay tuned, I will try to let you know how it goes and how 'permanent' and natural looking it is - as even I'm a bit sceptical.

Back to original state of desperation,

Adena

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!