RemedySpot.com

HIV & FACIAL/BODY FAT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HIV & FACIAL/BODY FAT

How Rare Are Facial "Bumps" on Sculptra?

I read in the last issue of "Hot Topics" about a man who received Sculptra (poly-L-lactic acid, New-Fill) injections for facial fat loss and developed a bunch of tiny bumps on his face. Just how common is this kind of side effect, and how long is it likely to last? I'm wondering if Sculptra treatment is really worth the risk for me. 

Help! I'm Growing in All the Wrong Places

I live in South Africa and have been HIV positive for 11 years. I exercise and eat healthily, but I can't seem to get rid of the fat on my tummy and upper back -- in fact, I keep *gaining* weight in these areas. Is there anything I can do to make the fat go back where Iwant it to be: in my hips and butt? 

What Drugs Can Treat AIDS Wasting Syndrome?

I've been HIV positive since 1992 and have wasting syndrome (i.e., I've lost more than 5 percent of my body weight). What can I do to regain weight? I've heard good things about a growth hormone called Serostim, but it's too expensive. Are there any alternatives? 

Reversing Male Breast Enlargement

My doctor has diagnosed me with male breast enlargement. My hormone levels are normal and among the medications I'm taking, Sustiva (Stocrin, efavirenz) seems the only likely culprit, since it is occasionally associated with this type of problem. How can I go about reversing my breast enlargement? Are there other drugs I can take to treat it?

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.