RemedySpot.com

Re: Walking with cane

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kendall

You may have muscle myopathy or myelopathy (Bob Munk, can you add something to this, please?). Are you taking AZT at all (also in Combivir)?

Walking with cane

For about two months I've been having trouble walking where I 've come to the point of having to use a cane. I seem to walk ok for a while but it turns into a shuffel after awhile.

I've had two Brain scans and am due for a spinal tap. On paper I look in great health.

At the rate I'm going I don't think I'll be here for next christmas. Anyone else having to deal with this.

Kendall

------------------------------------

Welcome to our group!

If you received this email from someone who forwarded it to you and would like to join this group, send a blank email to -subscribe and you will get an email with instructions to follow.

You can chose to receive single emails or a daily digest (collection of emails). You can post pictures, images, attach files and search by keyword old postings in the group.

For those of you who are members already and want to switch from single emails to digest or vice versa, visit www., click on , then on "edit my membership" and go down to your selection. The list administrator does not process any requests, so this is a do-it-yourself easy process ! :)

Thanks for joining. You will learn and share a lot in this group!

NOTE: I moderate, approve or disapprove emails before they are posted. Please follow the guidelines shown in the homepage. I will not allow rudeness, sexually explicit material, attacks, and anyone who does not follow the rules. If you are not OK with this, please do not join the group. Forward this email to anyone who may benefit from this information! Thanks!

In Health,

Vergel (PoWeRTX@...)

List Founder and Moderator

How about lower back issues with nerve root compression.

Sanford

Sanford M. Gross, OD, FAAO

Associate Professor

Illinois College of Optometry

3241 South Michigan Ave

Chicago, Illinois 60616

>>> " Kendall " <kendallnsf@...> 12/29/2008 10:49 AM >>>

For about two months I've been having trouble walking where I 've come to the

point of

having to use a cane. I seem to walk ok for a while but it turns into a shuffel

after awhile.

I've had two Brain scans and am due for a spinal tap. On paper I look in great

health.

At the rate I'm going I don't think I'll be here for next christmas.

Anyone else having to deal with this.

Kendall

--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---

BEGIN:VCARD

VERSION:2.1

X-GWTYPE:USER

FN:Gross, Sanford

EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:SGross@...

N:Gross;Sanford

TEL;WORK:x7314

ORG:;Primary Care

END:VCARD

In a message dated 12/29/2008 6:19:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, PoWeRTX@... writes:

You may have muscle myopathy or myelopathy (

And I also wonder about the interaction of ISENTRESS:

Myopathy and rhabdomyolysis have been reported; however, the relationship of ISENTRESS to these events is not known. ISENTRESS should be used with caution in patients at increased risk of myopathy or rhabdomyolysis, such as patients receiving concomitant medication known to cause these conditions.

**************One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)

In a message dated 12/29/2008 6:19:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, PoWeRTX@... writes:

You may have muscle myopathy or myelopathy (

And I also wonder about the interaction of ISENTRESS:

Myopathy and rhabdomyolysis have been reported; however, the relationship of ISENTRESS to these events is not known. ISENTRESS should be used with caution in patients at increased risk of myopathy or rhabdomyolysis, such as patients receiving concomitant medication known to cause these conditions.

**************One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)

Sanford, I considered that too, as I have the same issues as Kendall, had the full body scan, the spine doctor says I am fine, I don't really think he looked, anyhow, that put me back to blaming HIV in the spine and brain. larryOn Dec 29, 2008, at 3:14 PM, Sanford Gross wrote:How about lower back issues with nerve root compression.SanfordSanford M. Gross, OD, FAAOAssociate ProfessorIllinois College of Optometry3241 South Michigan AveChicago, Illinois 60616>>> "Kendall" <kendallnsf > 12/29/2008 10:49 AM >>>For about two months I've been having trouble walking where I 've come to the point of having to use a cane. I seem to walk ok for a while but it turns into a shuffel after awhile.I've had two Brain scans and am due for a spinal tap. On paper I look in great health.At the rate I'm going I don't think I'll be here for next christmas. Anyone else having to deal with this.Kendall--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall --- <Sanford Gross1.vcf>

Guys;

Always get CD's of your MRI's for second opinions, as well as the radiologists'

reports. Spinal issues seem to be looming large in our population whether due to

the natural history of aging or HIV / medications effects on bone and connective

tissue.

Sanford

Sanford

Sanford M. Gross, OD, FAAO

Associate Professor

Illinois College of Optometry

3241 South Michigan Ave

Chicago, Illinois 60616

>>> livingthelava <livingthelava@...> 1/1/2009 11:01 AM >>>

Sanford, I considered that too, as I have the same issues as Kendall,

had the full body scan, the spine doctor says I am fine, I don't

really think he looked, anyhow, that put me back to blaming HIV in the

spine and brain. larry

On Dec 29, 2008, at 3:14 PM, Sanford Gross wrote:

> How about lower back issues with nerve root compression.

>

> Sanford

>

> Sanford M. Gross, OD, FAAO

> Associate Professor

> Illinois College of Optometry

> 3241 South Michigan Ave

> Chicago, Illinois 60616

>

> >>> " Kendall " <kendallnsf@...> 12/29/2008 10:49 AM >>>

> For about two months I've been having trouble walking where I 've

> come to the point of

> having to use a cane. I seem to walk ok for a while but it turns

> into a shuffel after awhile.

> I've had two Brain scans and am due for a spinal tap. On paper I

> look in great health.

> At the rate I'm going I don't think I'll be here for next christmas.

> Anyone else having to deal with this.

> Kendall

>

> --- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---

>

>

> <Sanford Gross1.vcf>

--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---

BEGIN:VCARD

VERSION:2.1

X-GWTYPE:USER

FN:Gross, Sanford

EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:SGross@...

N:Gross;Sanford

TEL;WORK:x7314

ORG:;Primary Care

END:VCARD

Thaks for bringing the subject of myopathy up. A friend is very concerned. He just had a blood test for that, and his Creatine Kinase levels were over 400, more than double the maximum range, and Myoglobin, Serum was 146, more than double the range.

Questions: Could this just be HIV-related, or is medication causing the problem? He recently started Isentress. Is it reversible?

And why does i seem to just affect the lower part of the body?

Thanks for this forum. Another subject brought up his doctor didn't!**************New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)

This is interesting. When I had blood work done after switching to Issentress my CPK was also off the chart, although I do have to say I had no symptoms. On my follow up, the levels went back to normal. I should also add that by switching to Issentress my triglycerides and cholestorol have plummeted, whereby I no longer take a fribrate for the triglycerides.

Those who are complaining of lower extremity weakness----you should be seeing a neurologist.

Larry RE: Walking with cane

Thaks for bringing the subject of myopathy up. A friend is very concerned. He just had a blood test for that, and his Creatine Kinase levels were over 400, more than double the maximum range, and Myoglobin, Serum was 146, more than double the range.Questions: Could this just be HIV-related, or is medication causing the problem? He recently started Isentress. Is it reversible?And why does i seem to just affect the lower part of the body?Thanks for this forum. Another subject brought up his doctor didn't!**************New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)

This is interesting. When I had blood work done after switching to Issentress my CPK was also off the chart, although I do have to say I had no symptoms. On my follow up, the levels went back to normal. I should also add that by switching to Issentress my triglycerides and cholestorol have plummeted, whereby I no longer take a fribrate for the triglycerides.

Those who are complaining of lower extremity weakness----you should be seeing a neurologist.

Larry RE: Walking with cane

Thaks for bringing the subject of myopathy up. A friend is very concerned. He just had a blood test for that, and his Creatine Kinase levels were over 400, more than double the maximum range, and Myoglobin, Serum was 146, more than double the range.Questions: Could this just be HIV-related, or is medication causing the problem? He recently started Isentress. Is it reversible?And why does i seem to just affect the lower part of the body?Thanks for this forum. Another subject brought up his doctor didn't!**************New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)