RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Pain solutions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yeah, actually prednisone is the number one factor in the development of avascular necrosis of the hips. Many people had to have hip replacement because of long term corticoid steroid exposure. I pray that I am not one of them in the future since this year I have been exposed to one epidural at 250 mg, two Medrol packs, and two shots. It is first line treatment for most pain doctors.

Regards, Vergelpowerusa.org

In a message dated 11/23/2008 2:39:04 P.M. Central Standard Time, egenegis@... writes:

Prednisone is not a good solution for the long term. It will effect the bones. Oxycodone may also help with pain but has addictive effects. A new version that makes it harder to tamper or overdose might have just become available. >> > > I have become kind of an expert on pain issues since I have been living with it since June. I have tried Cymbalta, Lyrica, hydrocodone, percocet,SAMe supplements, amytriptyline, muscle relaxants ( have tried three types), tramadol, prednisone shots and packs, heat, ,cold gels, inversion machines, electrical stimulation (TENS unit), massage, accupucture,physical therapy in a pool, surgery, epidural injections, high doses of ibuprofen or alleve, stretching exercises, nandrolone and ultrasound heating.> > So far, tramadol, SAMe, stretching, the ocasional hydrocodone and corticoid injections have helped more than anything, although I am still in pain but without the "edge". The best part of all this is that my viral load has almost become undetectable since I started all anti-inflamatories/prednisone and my CD4 cells have gone up by 100, which definitely proves to me that HIV replication has a strong inflammatory component to it.> > Regards,> > > Vergel> powerusa dot org> > > > > ________________________________> From: "safford@..." <safford@...>> SGross@...; LanzLowen@...; > Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 10:20:04 AM> Subject: Re: Introducing myself> > hi-> > i have been reading with interest the posts regarding the muscle pain > and joint aches related to HIV. I have been HIV+ for 20 years and recently > have been suffering from severe back pain and musche/joint pain since I started > a new regimen (including Isentress) in March 2008. I have had > Xrays, Catscan that revealed 20% bone compression fracture. I > am seeing dr tomorrow and plan to ask him about an MRI for soft tissue check > (ligaments, fascia, muscle, etc).> > I have used percocet on occasion, but mostly rely on ALEVE and/or > IBUPROFEN with muscle relaxers but would love to find a more permanent > solution. Any thoughts or comments or shared experiences are most > welcome> > > > > ________________________________> One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!>------------------------------------Welcome to our group!If you received this email from someone who forwarded it to you and would like to join this group, send a blank email to -subscribe and you will get an email with instructions to follow.You can chose to receive single emails or a daily digest (collection of emails). You can post pictures, images, attach files and search by keyword old postings in the group.For those of you who are members already and want to switch from single emails to digest or vice versa, visit www., click on , then on "edit my membership" and go down to your selection. The list administrator does not process any requests, so this is a do-it-yourself easy process ! :)Thanks for joining. You will learn and share a lot in this group!NOTE: I moderate, approve or disapprove emails before they are posted. Please follow the guidelines shown in the homepage. I will not allow rudeness, sexually explicit material, attacks, and anyone who does not follow the rules. If you are not OK with this, please do not join the group. Forward this email to anyone who may benefit from this information! Thanks!In Health, Vergel (PoWeRTX@...)List Founder and Moderator

I use vicodin 10 mg and Lyrica. It works for me....

"If no one could ever see it, would you still buy that Mercedes?"

From: egenagain <egenegis@...>Subject: Re: Pain solutions Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 2:55 PM

Prednisone is not a good solution for the long term. It will effect the bones. Oxycodone may also help with pain but has addictive effects. A new version that makes it harder to tamper or overdose might have just become available. >> > > I have become kind of an expert on pain issues since I have been living with it since June. I have tried Cymbalta, Lyrica, hydrocodone, percocet,SAMe supplements, amytriptyline, muscle relaxants ( have tried three types), tramadol, prednisone shots and packs, heat, ,cold gels, inversion machines, electrical stimulation (TENS unit), massage, accupucture, physical therapy in a pool, surgery, epidural injections, high doses of ibuprofen or alleve, stretching exercises, nandrolone and

ultrasound heating.> > So far, tramadol, SAMe, stretching, the ocasional hydrocodone and corticoid injections have helped more than anything, although I am still in pain but without the "edge". The best part of all this is that my viral load has almost become undetectable since I started all anti-inflamatories/ prednisone and my CD4 cells have gone up by 100, which definitely proves to me that HIV replication has a strong inflammatory component to it.> > Regards,> > > Vergel> powerusa dot org> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: "safford@... " <safford@... >> SGross@...; LanzLowen@.. .; @grou ps.com> Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 10:20:04 AM> Subject: Re: Introducing

myself> > hi-> > i have been reading with interest the posts regarding the muscle pain > and joint aches related to HIV. I have been HIV+ for 20 years and recently > have been suffering from severe back pain and musche/joint pain since I started > a new regimen (including Isentress) in March 2008. I have had > Xrays, Catscan that revealed 20% bone compression fracture. I > am seeing dr tomorrow and plan to ask him about an MRI for soft tissue check > (ligaments, fascia, muscle, etc).> > I have used percocet on occasion, but mostly rely on ALEVE and/or > IBUPROFEN with muscle relaxers but would love to find a more permanent > solution. Any thoughts or comments or shared experiences are most > welcome> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> One site has it all. Your email accounts,

your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!>