RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:SSD extra income limits

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just a note, i was in the SS office last week, and the lady stated the SGA for 2009 had been raised to 1400.00, but, I don't see it in print yet. larryOn Dec 12, 2008, at 4:54 PM, R. wrote:You will not get booted off Social Security Disability if you use up your trial work months but stay below the amount that the SSA considers Substantial Gainful Activity ("SGA"): $980 per month for 2009. When you have completed all 9 trial work months, the SSA may review your disability, but if you remain medically disabled and have not earned more than SGA (other than sporadically), they will still consider you disabled and your benefits will continue.Once you have completed your 9 trial work months, you'll get 3 more months grace period when your income will have no effect on your beneift, followed be 33 more months that they call the Extended Period of Eligibility. During this period, you receive your monthly benefit for any month in which earnings are below SGA, but you will lose your entire benefit if you earn $1 more than SGA. After the Extended Periiod of Eligibilty ends, earning more than SGA in even one month will terminate your benefits. But no worry, the SSA will allow you to get immediately back on benefits wh.en you reapply within 5 years of termination, so long as your medical disability continues."My disability is WELL documented, and just recently I was put on morphine, so really no one can debate if I'm disabled or not. I just happen to have an easy job that pays ok, that lets me rest as needed, that understands and is considerate of me, working about 16 hrs a week. (November I used a trial work period thanks to Black Friday).Do they just challenge your disablity, or simply bott you off SSD if you use up your trial work periods?Confused here.Dothan, AL