What meds are you on and what do you mean by " going full blown? "

Sanford

Sanford M. Gross, OD, FAAO

Associate Professor

Illinois College of Optometry

3241 South Michigan Ave

Chicago, Illinois 60616

>>> " Kurt " <livingthelava@...> 12/4/2008 7:22 PM >>>

I am in a regular exercise program, but, i just can't get rid of the extra 40 on

my belly that I

gained in the last two years, from going full blown and new meds. I do know,

that when I

was in the hospital for 3 weeks, all I could hold down was jello, and I lost 22

pounds, that

was before this 40, so I know, starving myself will work, but, how about shots??

Cuz, I think

my metabolism just sucks these days. larry

--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---

BEGIN:VCARD

VERSION:2.1

X-GWTYPE:USER

FN:Gross, Sanford

EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:SGross@...

N:Gross;Sanford

TEL;WORK:x7314

ORG:;Primary Care

END:VCARD

Testosterone has been shown to decrease subcutaneous fat in HIV.  The product used in an ACTG study was Androgel (1 percent testosterone gel). No effect on visceral (fat surrounding organs) was seen.  Men lost an average of 1.1 inches around the waist after 26 weeks

If your testosterone is normal, I would not use testosterone since it can disrupt your body's hormonal axis

Losing visceral fat (assuming that is what you have) is very difficult and sometimes requires a lot of exercise and a low sugar/starch diet.  Many people cannot adhere to that regimen. We have no data on lower carb diets in HIV lipodystrophy, unfortunately

Here are more details

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/92/3/1049

will Testosterone shots help with the belly fat

I am in a regular exercise program, but, i just can't get rid of the extra 40 on m

y belly that I gained in the last two years, from going full blown and new meds. I do know, that when I was in the hospital for 3 weeks, all I could hold down was jello, and I lost 22 pounds, that was before this 40, so I know, starving myself will work, but, how about shots?? Cuz, I think my metabolism just sucks these days. larry

------------------------------------

Welcome to our group!

If you received this email from someone who forwarded it to you and would like to join this group, send a blank email to -subscribe and you will get an email with instructions to follow.

You can chose to receive single emails or a daily digest (collection of emails). You can post pictures, images, attach files and search by keyword old postings in the group.

For those of you who are members already and want to switch from single emails to digest or vice versa, visit www., click on , then on "edit my membership" and go down to your selection. The list administrator does not process any requests, so this is a do-it-yourself easy process ! :)

Thanks for joining. You will learn and share a lot in this group!

NOTE: I moderate, approve or disapprove emails before they are posted. Please follow the guidelines shown in the homepage. I will not allow rudeness, sexually 0Aexplicit material, attacks, and anyone who does not follow the rules. If you are not OK with this, please do not join the group. Forward this email to anyone who may benefit from this information! Thanks!

In Health,

Vergel (PoWeRTX@...)

List Founder and Moderator

Started Insetress two day ago, on these for a year Prest, Combiv, Norvir, fuzeon was stopped 3 months ago.On Dec 5, 2008, at 8:18 AM, Sanford Gross wrote:What meds are you on and what do you mean by "going full blown?"SanfordSanford M. Gross, OD, FAAOAssociate ProfessorIllinois College of Optometry3241 South Michigan AveChicago, Illinois 60616"Kurt" <livingthelava@...> 12/4/2008 7:22 PM >>>I am in a regular exercise program, but, i just can't get rid of the extra 40 on my belly that I gained in the last two years, from going full blown and new meds. I do know, that when I was in the hospital for 3 weeks, all I could hold down was jello, and I lost 22 pounds, that was before this 40, so I know, starving myself will work, but, how about shots?? Cuz, I think my metabolism just sucks these days. larry--- Scanned by M+ Guardian Messaging Firewall ---<Sanford Gross1.vcf>