RemedySpot.com

Men infected with HPV put more than women's health in jeopardy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

PROTECT YOUR PRIVATESMen infected with HPV put more than women's health in jeopardy

On the list of things you’d rather not talk about, genital warts likely ranks pretty high. But since about 20 million Americans are currently infected with human papillomavirus (HPV)—the infection that causes the warts as well as various cancers—it deserves some discussion. New research shows that Gardasil, a vaccine created to prevent cervical cancer in women, is successful at preventing infection in men. The 30-month study of more than 4,000 males found that those who received the vaccine were 90 percent less likely to develop genital warts than those given a placebo. And that’s great news for a lot of people since at least 50 percent of all men and women will have the HPV infection at some point in their lives, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HPV causes at least 20,000 cases of cancer in the U.S. each year—a quarter of those cases occur in men, including penile, anal, and even head and neck cancer. Make an appointment with your doctor to guarantee all is well below the belt. Because if you don’t know what’s going on between your legs, how can you expect to impress her with it?And while you’re at it, make sure the rest of your body is going strong too with our heart attack prevention plan and the ultimate guide to your body’s largest organ.

Regards, Vergelpowerusa.orgOne site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

Can Gardasil actually remove mild warts or is it only for preventing infection in the first place? I was also wondering if a woman can take Gardasil and the infection can be eliminated.Thanks in advance

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 11:35 AM, <PoWeRTX@...> wrote:

PROTECT YOUR PRIVATESMen infected with HPV put more than women's health in jeopardy

On the list of things you'd rather not talk about, genital warts likely ranks pretty high. But since about 20 million Americans are currently infected with human papillomavirus (HPV)—the infection that causes the warts as well as various cancers—it deserves some discussion. New research shows that Gardasil, a vaccine created to prevent cervical cancer in women, is successful at preventing infection in men. The 30-month study of more than 4,000 males found that those who received the vaccine were 90 percent less likely to develop genital warts than those given a placebo. And that's great news for a lot of people since at least 50 percent of all men and women will have the HPV infection at some point in their lives, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HPV causes at least 20,000 cases of cancer in the U.S. each year—a quarter of those cases occur in men, including penile, anal, and even head and neck cancer. Make an appointment with your doctor to guarantee all is well below the belt. Because if you don't know what's going on between your legs, how can you expect to impress her with it?And while you're at it, make sure the rest of your body is going strong too with our heart attack prevention plan and the ultimate guide to your body's largest organ.

Regards, Vergelpowerusa.org

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

"Can Gardasil actually remove mild warts or is it only for preventinginfection in the first place? I was also wondering if a woman can takeGardasil and the infection can be eliminated."Excellent question. At this point, gardasil is approved only for prevention of new HPV infections. Merck has said that they don't view gardasil as a treatment for existing infections, but I understand that there are studies looking at this.Whether or not gardasil would protect against repeated infections is an unanswered question.JB

"Can Gardasil actually remove mild warts or is it only for preventinginfection in the first place? I was also wondering if a woman can takeGardasil and the infection can be eliminated."Excellent question. At this point, gardasil is approved only for prevention of new HPV infections. Merck has said that they don't view gardasil as a treatment for existing infections, but I understand that there are studies looking at this.Whether or not gardasil would protect against repeated infections is an unanswered question.JB

I suppose another thing to keep in mind is that gardisil only prevents four viral HPV strains, of which there are over 100. If it does indeed actually eliminate any of these, it wouldn't necessarily eliminate warts, since it could be another strain that gardisil doesn't cover...On Nov 22, 2008, at 1:40 PM, Barrow <pozbod@...> wrote:

"Can Gardasil actually remove mild warts or is it only for preventinginfection in the first place? I was also wondering if a woman can takeGardasil and the infection can be eliminated."Excellent question.   At this point, gardasil is approved only for prevention of new HPV infections.    Merck has said that they

don't view gardasil as a treatment for existing infections, but I understand that there are studies looking at this.Whether or not gardasil would protect against repeated infections is an unanswered question.JB