RemedySpot.com

Re: Anal pap HRA Test

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had my yearly anal HRA test with the scope at Owens Clinic in San Diego with Dr. Caperna. He was a former oncologist before joining the clinic. He told me that 1 in 4 pos. people will develop cancer and 1 in 2 will develop a blood disorder.. I didn;t ask him for specifics, especially bec. my ass was up in the air. lol. Any idea why he says this?? thanks lukeOne site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

I had my yearly anal HRA test with the scope at Owens Clinic in San Diego with Dr. Caperna. He was a former oncologist before joining the clinic. He told me that 1 in 4 pos. people will develop cancer and 1 in 2 will develop a blood disorder.. I didn;t ask him for specifics, especially bec. my ass was up in the air. lol. Any idea why he says this?? thanks lukeOne site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

"I had my yearly anal HRA test with the scope at Owens Clinic in San Diego with Dr. Caperna. He was a former oncologist before joining the clinic. He told me that 1 in 4 pos. people will develop cancer and 1 in 2 will develop a blood disorder.. I didn;t ask him for specifics, especially bec. my ass was up in the air. lol. Any idea why he says this?? thanks luke"I'm not sure what specific question was asked, but I'd add two cautions.I'm not sure that the rate of cancer is not much below 1/4 in the general population, cancer is common, especially if you include skin cancers. There is much worry that the rate of cancers will be higher in the HIV population, but the rate will only be know over a longer period of time. I do think we all need to be extra-vigilant about check ups for anal/rectal lesions, colonoscopy, etc. Anyone who smokes who has HIV is taking a huge risk for many diseases, and should probably be evaluated for suicidal ideation.As for "blood disorders," I don't know of numbers on that one, either, but since everyone on AZT has weird red cells, It seems quite plausible.JB