RemedySpot.com

Re: recent pic [1 Attachment]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What a great picture! You all three look beautiful! No advice on the other part though.

From: "heather@..." <heather@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 2:44 PMSubject: recent pic [1 Attachment]

Im so bad at posting updated pics and updating stories...My IT Directorjust sent me a good and recent pic of Liv, my mum and I at our recentevent (Mothers Tea). Check it out! My girl is growing up fast and Imfinding this scoli stuff really doesnt get any easier w/ age.Liv got back from Wash dc last night and is really sad about her body.. Im trying to talk her through it, but this is not an area I am familiarwith so Ive made an appt. for more counseling...Its so sad. She is justgorgeous...But, now only sees her minimal deformities. She thinkseveryone can see her forward bending neck, the small rib hump she has andnow she says her arms are too long! She is so off track on this, but Iunderstand where she is coming from..I just wish she'd grow up faster, soshe had the life experience to understand that scoli doesnt define who sheis and that her life has already been a blessing to others...Any advice

gang? Im stumped and must find a way to get a smile back onher face. She is really down. Ill check in later:(HRH

Guest guest

What a lovely picture!! You all look beautiful! And Liv has a happy face :)!, I think that that is very important!!!, her eyes show happiness!! I understand it isn´t easy for both of you but also she is a teenager and they all have a difficult time when seeing their body change as they grow older. Just hang in there! She will do OK!!! She is gorgeous!!!!!!!

Love,

na

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 3:44 PM, <heather@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from heather@... included below] Im so bad at posting updated pics and updating stories...My IT Directorjust sent me a good and recent pic of Liv, my mum and I at our recentevent (Mothers Tea). Check it out! My girl is growing up fast and Im

finding this scoli stuff really doesnt get any easier w/ age.Liv got back from Wash dc last night and is really sad about her body.. Im trying to talk her through it, but this is not an area I am familiarwith so Ive made an appt. for more counseling...Its so sad. She is just

gorgeous...But, now only sees her minimal deformities. She thinkseveryone can see her forward bending neck, the small rib hump she has andnow she says her arms are too long! She is so off track on this, but Iunderstand where she is coming from..I just wish she'd grow up faster, so

she had the life experience to understand that scoli doesnt define who sheis and that her life has already been a blessing to others...Any advice gang? Im stumped and must find a way to get a smile back onher face. She is really down. Ill check in later:(

HRH

Guest guest

Absolutely beautiful family! Thanks for sharing. I can not relate directly to what Liv is going through. I wish there was something I could say or do to help her through this. From: "heather@..." <heather@...> infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 2:44 PM Subject:

recent pic [1 Attachment]

Im so bad at posting updated pics and updating stories...My IT Director

just sent me a good and recent pic of Liv, my mum and I at our recent

event (Mothers Tea). Check it out! My girl is growing up fast and Im

finding this scoli stuff really doesnt get any easier w/ age.

Liv got back from Wash dc last night and is really sad about her body..

Im trying to talk her through it, but this is not an area I am familiar

with so Ive made an appt. for more counseling...Its so sad. She is just

gorgeous...But, now only sees her minimal deformities. She thinks

everyone can see her forward bending neck, the small rib hump she has and

now she says her arms are too long! She is so off track on this, but I

understand where she is coming from..I just wish she'd grow up faster, so

she had the life experience to understand that scoli doesnt define who she

is and that her life has already been a blessing to others...

Any advice gang? Im stumped and must find a way to get a smile back on

her face. She is really down. Ill check in later:(

HRH

Guest guest

,Im so sorry to hear this about Liv. I think some counseling is a good idea. Is she getting made fun of these things or is it just her being self conscious of these things? I know growing up i "developed" faster than the girls my age so i was very self conscious of my growing chest so i felt fat and always wore big baggy shirts to try and hide them and the signs of wearing a bra. I got into this habit and wore loose shirts thru hs because by then i was convinced i was fat even though i wore a size 3 jeans. Years later i found out the other girls would have loved to have a large chest! And well...you can imagine how the boys felt. Haha! Now that im an adult i try to let that self ingrained image of myself go. Now when i walk in a room my boobs enter before i do and im proud of what i got. I know this doesnt compare to Liv's situation. All im saying is some of her body image problems are part of being a teenager. I bet most dont even notice the things shes worried about. I hope counseling and alot of reassurance from you and her friends will help her see how beautiful she really is. As she gets older i hope she will be proud of herself, her strength, her sheer determination to overcome the odds and maybe one day even her "battle scars." She will overcome this just has she has done with her scoli. She is one tough cookie like her momma. She is beautiful and i have loved to watch her grow. I love you sista! (Isaiah's mom)Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID recent pic [1 Attachment]

Im so bad at posting updated pics and updating stories...My IT Director

just sent me a good and recent pic of Liv, my mum and I at our recent

event (Mothers Tea). Check it out! My girl is growing up fast and Im

finding this scoli stuff really doesnt get any easier w/ age.

Liv got back from Wash dc last night and is really sad about her body..

Im trying to talk her through it, but this is not an area I am familiar

with so Ive made an appt. for more counseling...Its so sad. She is just

gorgeous...But, now only sees her minimal deformities. She thinks

everyone can see her forward bending neck, the small rib hump she has and

now she says her arms are too long! She is so off track on this, but I

understand where she is coming from..I just wish she'd grow up faster, so

she had the life experience to understand that scoli doesnt define who she

is and that her life has already been a blessing to others...

Any advice gang? Im stumped and must find a way to get a smile back on

her face. She is really down. Ill check in later:(

HRH