RemedySpot.com

Re: Under Brace Cool Shirt Options

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

oh i would love this. thaddeus is in a back for summer and the new shirts seem thicker then i remember. really hope they will make.toddler sizes candice Sent from Samsung Mobile

leigh_d1971 wrote:

Evening everyone,

Noah went for his summer brace fitting today and the NOPCO shop told us about a new line of undershirts that are supposed to be cooler and less irritating. We tried one on and the Small was too big but their website indicates they are adding sizes (I've emailed to discuss).

http://www.zyflexsportswear.com/products/BostonTshirt.html

They are similar to the CoolMax or UnderArmor shirts...

Excited to see there may be new possibilities. It was also suggested that we try just buying and using one of those type shirts.

Has anyone else tried or had it suggested that they test that type material?

Thanks

Leigh

Guest guest

Hi,We tried the underArmor on jaylin with the cast, it was really hard to get on him. Now we haven't tried with a brace for he gets his first one on June 21 :) This is really nice to know so we could his underArmor under his brace. We are about ready to order jaylin some more under shirts because he is wearing them out :) plus he is growing, imagine that :)Live, laugh, and loveJoyOn Jun 1, 2012, at 7:04 PM, "leigh_d1971" <leigh_d1971@...> wrote:

Evening everyone,

Noah went for his summer brace fitting today and the NOPCO shop told us about a new line of undershirts that are supposed to be cooler and less irritating. We tried one on and the Small was too big but their website indicates they are adding sizes (I've emailed to discuss).

Excited to see there may be new possibilities. It was also suggested that we try just buying and using one of those type shirts.

Thanks

Leigh

=

Guest guest

We get our brace this coming Wednesday. When wore a brace in the past

we just put a regular tshirt under the brace. Knit rite was not a good option

because we live in the south and he sweats tooooooo much. It worked well

then.....

Tame

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2012, at 6:04 PM, " leigh_d1971 " <leigh_d1971@...> wrote:

Evening everyone,

Noah went for his summer brace fitting today and the NOPCO shop told us about a

new line of undershirts that are supposed to be cooler and less irritating. We

tried one on and the Small was too big but their website indicates they are

adding sizes (I've emailed to discuss).

Excited to see there may be new possibilities. It was also suggested that we

try just buying and using one of those type shirts.

Thanks

Leigh

------------------------------------

Guest guest

we tried the boston tshirt, but it was too thick. at the time they only had adult sizes, but the xs wasn't too big. we switched to knit-rite coolmax shirts. they are similiar to the grey knit-rite shirts that many doctors use under the cast, however, these are white and the have a material that absorbs/wicks moisture so your child is more comfortable. the downside is that you can't purchase them directly - either the hospital or orthotics facility supplying the brace can order them for you. we order the tank top with one arm flap to limit irritation under the arm area where the brace pushes up.

Evening everyone,

Thanks

Leigh

Guest guest

Thanks for the info :) I think I'll check this out this week before he gets his brace at the end of the month. Would these shirts also work under his cast?Live, laugh, and loveJoyOn Jun 3, 2012, at 8:49 PM, M Carol <mcarol595@...> wrote:

we tried the boston tshirt, but it was too thick. at the time they only had adult sizes, but the xs wasn't too big. we switched to knit-rite coolmax shirts. they are similiar to the grey knit-rite shirts that many doctors use under the cast, however, these are white and the have a material that absorbs/wicks moisture so your child is more comfortable. the downside is that you can't purchase them directly - either the hospital or orthotics facility supplying the brace can order them for you. we order the tank top with one arm flap to limit irritation under the arm area where the brace pushes up.

Evening everyone,

Thanks

Leigh

=

Guest guest

most facilities use the knit rite 'gray' shirts under the cast because they have silver in them, this is antimicrobial and keeps the skin healthy. that is the difference between gray and white knit-rite shirts - the silver. when we were casting we actually changed the knit-rite shirt - there is a video on you-tube showing how - it helped to put a clean shirt on every week - especially if there was a diaper accident.

Evening everyone,

Thanks

Leigh

=

Guest guest

I didn't know about the silver. We have only used the knit rite gray shirts and we change them often (sometimes daily). My son's skin has never had problem ...thank goodness. Thanks for sharing the info. From: M Carol <mcarol595@...> infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Monday, June 4, 2012 3:16 PM Subject: Re:

Under Brace Cool Shirt Options

most facilities use the knit rite 'gray' shirts under the cast because they have silver in them, this is antimicrobial and keeps the skin healthy. that is the difference between gray and white knit-rite shirts - the silver. when we were casting we actually changed the knit-rite shirt - there is a video on you-tube showing how - it helped to put a clean shirt on every week - especially if there was a diaper accident.

Evening everyone,

Thanks

Leigh

=