RemedySpot.com

Response to Kate

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

At times I do well; at times I don't do so well. I don't aspire to be what is "considered" normal; I'm wired differently, and I'm "normal" for ME. Right now, I am off all psychiatric prescription meds, with my doc's and therapist's approval. My regular doc thinks that a LOT of my problems are not only contributed to but CAUSED by deficiencies in my diet, as I found I can not break down the majority of food on my own due to producing too few digestive enzymes. So, my body has probably been actually "starving" itself for years nutritionally. My labs actually came back showing NO B Vitamins or protein whatsoever in my blood, and a severe Vitamin D deficiency (even though I eat all foods rich in all of those things). Plus, I kept throwing up my food completely whole and undigested after it had been in my stomach for 6-12 hours. So, the doctor recommended ZenPep, a high-potency prescription enzyme product

(btw, it IS covered by insurance, and it is listed as safe even for young children--mixture of protease, amylase, and lipase--is pig-based, though, if that is a problem for you physically or religiously). (Hey, not so weird that I have been dxed with mental disorders; there are instances of mothers with severe B vitamin deficiencies that have experienced psychotic episodes that look similar to schizophrenia and have unintentionally killed their babies. Scary)

Good luck in finding what works with your son, and may God grant you the patience on the journey to find the right combo of things, as I know it can take a long time in order to do that.

Posted by: "Kate Myers" katemyersny@... katemyersny

Wed May 30, 2012 6:32 pm (PDT)

-I appreciate you sharing your experiences.Sounds like you have done great.Kate