RemedySpot.com

Re: Iam concerned-forcing food

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I try to describe my aversions and food sensitivities to people in a way they can understand. I am Hypersensitive to sounds, smells and tastes and more. Being forced to try foods for me (or your grandson) is like forcing someone to eat 5 star spicy Mexican or Thai when they are not capable of handling it. That usually helps them to relate that most everyone has sensitivities at some level-just more so for some than others. I would hope if you describe it to him that way, he might be more understanding to not only food, but also to some of the other sensitivities and reactions that are often viewed as just "bad behavior" by people who forget that some people and kids have highly tweaked senses and are much more affected by things than most others. Pameladbrhseny <dbrhseny@...> wrote: My grandson went to spend the weekend with his father. My grandson is high functioning autistic. he has food issues. I worry when his father takes him because altough I know they are just trying to help him,they try to force him to eat things that he has aversions to. Am I wrong to be worried about this? Do you have any suggestions?

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

> My grandson went to spend the weekend with his father.

My grandson is

> high functioning autistic. he has food issues. I worry when his

father

> takes him because altough I know they are just trying to help

him,they

> try to force him to eat things that he has aversions to. Am I

wrong to

> be worried about this? Do you have any suggestions?

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try it now.

>

This could possibly be considered abuse...I would talk with a lawyer. Keep informed, Keep posting, Keep trying.

Re: Iam concerned-forcing food

> My grandson went to spend the weekend with his father. My grandson is > high functioning autistic. he has food issues. I worry when his father > takes him because altough I know they are just trying to help him,they > try to force him to eat things that he has aversions to. Am I wrong to > be worried about this? Do you have any suggestions?> > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it

now.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.