RemedySpot.com

Does Milk Cause Autism?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No one knows what causes autism. However, there are several factors known to exacerbate it. For some this includes milk and other casein products (like cheese, sour cream, etc), for some it includes gluten (wheat, barley, rye, oats), for some it includes starch, for some it includes natural food chemicals such as salicylates, amines and oxalates, for some it includes poisons/toxins like mercury, lead, arsenic...

-Lana " There is nothing more useful than sun and salt. " - Latin proverb

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Andy Nguyen <an007@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've been reading posts and they have been very informative. This is my

first post. One question: does milk cause autism?

-Andy Nguyen

Hi Andy,

I've read lot's about milk having an opiate effect on the cerebral cortex. It was all a bit medical for me. But simply: At age two my son started to change. His sister older sister has aspergers. He seemed completely typical. Then he began to change. After six months of hearing from Paed's, Psycologists that he was having terrible two's, teething, spoilt, mimicing his sister, lacking attention and insecure (I loved that one!). I found a really helpful Paediatrician who referred me to a Neurologist and spoke to him about my observations. He eventually diagnosed PDD NOS. I explained that I had researched the connection between gluten, casein, milk and vaccines from various sources (inc. this group) and wanted to remove dairy altogether. Dd had been lactose free since I had stopped breastfeeding. I upped his good bacteria dosage. Within four days (albeit very tough ones) we saw a huge change. Our little boy was returning.

Two months later he is thriving. We have had his first words, then short phrases. He allows me to cuddle him, infact he loves cuddles and kisses. He is more relaxed doesn't scream as much and now runs up the stairs to his playgroup. We still have many issues regarding hearing sensitivity, odours, taste, texture and routine, but essentially we were losing him and now he's coming back. I have been folowing the Rescue Generation ideas for a bit and he is just doing so well.

He was always quite typical if very sensitive to sound. And he had had lactose free from age one. It wasn't until age two that he began to withdraw. So I'm not sure if milk caused the problems, but removing it did relieve them.

So there's my rambling non scientific answer.

Lynda.

From: Andy Nguyen <an007@...>Subject: Does Milk Cause Autism?Autism and Aspergers Treatment Date: Monday, 1 December, 2008, 10:58 PM

Hello everyone,I've been reading posts and they have been very informative. This is my first post. One question: does milk cause autism? -Andy Nguyen

I'm not sure if this is in response to PETA's attempt at using " Got

Autism " in ad's vs. 'Got Milk' . That was a sickening display by

them and it is not a proven fact that Milk is a cause. Most of us

know that Dairy products can have an adverse effect when trying to

'treat' Autism.

E. , Sr.

>

> Hello everyone,

>

> I've been reading posts and they have been very informative. This is my

> first post. One question: does milk cause autism?

>

> -Andy Nguyen

>

I'm not sure if this is in response to PETA's attempt at using " Got

Autism " in ad's vs. 'Got Milk' . That was a sickening display by

them and it is not a proven fact that Milk is a cause. Most of us

know that Dairy products can have an adverse effect when trying to

'treat' Autism.

E. , Sr.

>

> Hello everyone,

>

> I've been reading posts and they have been very informative. This is my

> first post. One question: does milk cause autism?

>

> -Andy Nguyen

>