RemedySpot.com

don't be locked in by a diagnosis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Forget the DiagnosisAutism! Pdd nos! Aspergers syndrome! ADHD! High functioning! Lowfunctioning! Delayed! Hearing these words about your child can becrushing. They can devastate you to your very core. The good news isTHEY DON'T HAVE TO!Let me tell you why..It doesn't matter. That's right. It simply doesn't matter. If youwant to really help your child then read on. I'm serious. Don't belike thethousands who wish they had "lived" this concept sooner.Pretend for a moment you have a newborn. He is simply perfect. By thetime he is two years old, his fingers are so long, they look strange.You go to a renowned physician and ask "What's wrong with my child?Why are his fingers so long?". The physician smiles and says "Your childhas a condition called spindle fingers. He has a natural gift for playingmusical instruments. Many dream of having this talent".You're absolutely thrilled and can't wait to share the news. You rushhome but on the way you stop to buy a toy xylophone, piano, drum set andflute. You set them out on the floor when you get home and you watchproudly as your toddler strums each one of them. You don't care thateveryone else thinks it just sounds like noise. You have a buddingmusician on your hands and he's practicing!As the months go by you encourage your child to play instruments. Hegets a little older and expresses his preference for the piano. You take himto piano lessons, listen to famous piano players and perhaps even go toconcerts. You explain to your son that his fingers are long because heis talented at playing the piano. Your son plays the piano beautifully.He is proud of his fingers and his talent. You are proud of your son.You run into the physician a few years later. You tell him proudly about yourchild's piano skills. He smiles broadly and says "I made it all up. There is nocondition called spindle fingers". "What?" you shriek "that's impossible. Mychild is an excellent player"."Of course he is" says the physician "It's called belief. You believed in your child'sfingers. You believed in his talent. You encouraged him. It didn't matter how manymistakes he made. You hardly heard them because you knew he was on the path togreatness. Your son felt your belief. He saw it in your eyes. He felt it course throughhis being. It inspired him. Every time he looked at his long fingers he thought abouthis talent. He felt proud of himself. He knew he could do it. Your unwavering faithinspired him to be the best he can be".My advice to you is this. Forget about the boxes and the labels. Ignore the judgments.Your child is fascinating. Your child is a unique and wonderful being who is incrediblyspecial. Give him or her the tools. Encourage them on their journey. Never lose faith inthem. Stand by their side. Teach them as much as you can. Watch in delight as they soarfar beyond everyone's expectations. Everyone's except yours and all those who joined yourbelief along the way!By Jene AviramStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.