RemedySpot.com

Re:How do you tell your child he has aspergers?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

we just went through this.... now imagine your child is 15 years old and you have to explain it to her. on the upside we suspect she already knew. one of the things we tend to do with kids is over explain. tell him what he needs to know and expand upon it as he matures. if he were being dx'd with asthma (as my son is sitting here wheezing i might add) you'd explain to him that his lungs don't quite work like other peoples lungs. it doesn't make them wrong it just makes his lungs different. and so there's some stuff we can do to help make his lungs work more efficiently. so... your brain processes things a little differently than others. it doesn't make your brain right or wrong... just different. and we're all going to learn together how your brain works. as he gets older he'll want/need more information. and so you'll give it too him in a manner that he can

understand. seriously... you are going to be great. and he's going to be fine. and he's still your same son that you love and have fun with. and all of that...and i don't mean to minimize your dilema or anything like that...please don't think i am. read everything you can, become your own expert because no one knows your son as well as you do. peace michele

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.