RemedySpot.com

Re: tlc7 for 4ch or 6ch devices

Rate this topic

Guest guest

,As a matter of fact that's on the next steps agenda.  Any BioExplorer design will record the raw EEG, so using a BioReview Report will allow you to get out any data you want--regardless of when it was recorded.  There is currently such a report in the TLC7 package, and Foxx is in the process of producing another one to extract and process the data for channels 3 and 4.

We're working to produce a TLC Assess Pro Gather that will collect 4 channels and automatically create a 4C text file (without BioReview) ready for artifacting.  I'm also working up an updated macro to remove artifact as we currently do in 2C, but will do all 4 at the same time.  Finally we'll add a button to the TLC7 that allows 4C users to bring in 4C at a time instead of 2.  It may take a month or so to get to that point, but it's definitely in process.

Make sure you go to the artifacting site ( 

TLCArtifacter/files/  ), if you have previously bought the artifacting file.  Download the latest version of 6.6a (just uploaded Feb 10) and replace your existing copy.  That will give you the Phase data.  The only thing you'll be missing is the new midline setup (Cz and Oz as Midline and Fz and Pz as Default).  You can still produce the artifacted files as you have (until the new system is out) and load them into TLC7.  The 4C gathering sessions are as follows:

F3/F4/P3/P4  (task: working memory)T3/T4/C3/C4 (task: listening for detail)Fz/Pz/Cz/Oz (task: let mind wander)Optional:F7/F8/T5/T6 (task: reading)O1/O2 (task: finding letter groupings in text).

PetePete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com

USA 678 224 5895BR 47 3346 6235The Learning Curve, Inc.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM, michaelgerstenmayer <michaelgerstenmayer@...> wrote:

hi pete,

do you plan to release the tlc7 for 4 or 6 channels?

can i use the old 6.6 assess gather files to do 4ch assessment?

thanks,

michael

pete,

i just looked at the tlc7 and it looks really nice.

i did not find the bioreview report, neither here in the files nor at your

site.

thanks for all the work you are doing with these assessments. i am looking

forward to working with the new 4ch version.

michael

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > hi pete,

> > do you plan to release the tlc7 for 4 or 6 channels?

> > can i use the old 6.6 assess gather files to do 4ch assessment?

> > thanks,

> > michael

> >

> >

> >

>

Let me try to clarify what works how with the TLC7 (I've attached the updated instructions file, which hopefully will also help)When you download the TLC7 RAR file from or from the brain-trainer.com website, or TLC7a from the TLCArtifactor group if you have purchased artifacting, you will get these files:

1. TLC7 Assess Pro Gather.bxd BioExplorer design (bxd) file.  When you open this in BioExplorer and use it to record your new assessment files, you'll automatically output a file with the same name as the Session (.bxs) file you recorded, but with .epochs.txt on the end.  That file is ready to artifact.  No need to go through BioReview. These files can be used with version 6.6 or earlier as well as TLC7.  They contain information that won't appear in earlier versions of the TLC.  Using this file to gather the data is the fastest way to get a full TLC7 report.

2.TLC7 Assess Pro Artifact.rptA BioReview report (.rpt) file.  You can use this on any assessment you have gathered in the past (not using the design listed above.)  Open BioReview, open the Report and use it to Run on Session for each session you want to prepare for TLC7.  After the data loads, go to View: Export and save the text file.  It will then have all the data TLC7 displays available.  Run all the sessions, then you can close BioReview and open the artifacting file.

3. TLC Assess Pro v.6.6aIf you are planning to do assessments, buy the artifacting file ( http://www.brain-trainer.com/cgi-bin/shop.pl?shop=get_item & item_id=13 ), or, if you have already purchased it at some time in the past, go to the group and download it ( TLCArtifacter/files/ ).  This file has been updated very recently to work with TLC7, so if you haven't downloaded it recently, do so and replace your old file.  This will work for prior versions of the TLC as it always has, but it is the ONLY file that will artifact files with full TLC7 data.

Foxx has uploaded updated 4C files, though not the final version.  They will gather 4 channels and provide Reports to remove artifactible 2C files for channels 1, 2, 3 and 4.  At present this is the only way to process 4C files.  We've started working on updating the TLC7 file to allow input of 4C files, and I actually dreamed about how to update the artifacting file last night (is that sad, or what?!)  Won't take long.  The bigger problem is to create the TLC7 Assess Pro Gather 4C design, since that will take a bunch of painstaking work, but we're on it (that one's more of a nightmare!).

Hopefully this and the updated Guide file will answer your questions.Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...

http://www.brain-trainer.com

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 6:39 AM, michaelgerstenmayer <michaelgerstenmayer@...> wrote:

pete,

i just looked at the tlc7 and it looks really nice.

i did not find the bioreview report, neither here in the files nor at your site.

thanks for all the work you are doing with these assessments. i am looking forward to working with the new 4ch version.

michael

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > hi pete,

> > do you plan to release the tlc7 for 4 or 6 channels?

> > can i use the old 6.6 assess gather files to do 4ch assessment?

> > thanks,

> > michael

> >

> >

> >

>

1 of 1 File(s)

TLC7 guide.pdf

thanks pete, now i found the report file in the 4ch and 8ch versions.

michael

> > >

> > > > **

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > hi pete,

> > > > do you plan to release the tlc7 for 4 or 6 channels?

> > > > can i use the old 6.6 assess gather files to do 4ch assessment?

> > > > thanks,

> > > > michael

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

,Those are the intermediate versions.  Hopefully we'll shortly have the fully-functional 4C version that outputs a 4C file, artifacts it all at once and loads it into TLC7 all at once.

Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM, michaelgerstenmayer <michaelgerstenmayer@...> wrote:

thanks pete, now i found the report file in the 4ch and 8ch versions.