issues an my require OT interventions or something. No matter what I

have done to discourage this he continues to go back to this and now

he is picking up everything around my house, that is laying around

and put it in it's appropriate place(or what he feels is the

appropriate place). This has been going on over a month hopefully, it

will cease until the the next OCD episode. Can anyone relate? Any

thoughts, theories, or suggestions?

> Thanks,

> Eunice (Mom to Jordan 16 y/o teen delivered from Autism)

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Don't pick lemons.

> See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

>

He could be copying behavior that he has seen at school or in a movie. A friend of mine who also has a son with Autism had a time when he was limping; she took him to doctors several times and they could find nothing wrong. She attended his classroom and found a child with an orthopedic disability who walked with a limp. I had an experience with my son repeatedly throwing a ball at my head, he did this non-stop for days, then his aide at school talked about how she was volleying the ball back to him using her head. Marilyn Pyles Lilburn, GApaytonese <paytonese@...> wrote: Hi Eunice! Is your son taking any meds? Some antipsychotics can cause muscle stiffness...Just a thought!JOY>> Hello,> > I just need to vent and share about my 16y/o mild/moderate autistic son's latest behaviors. We go through these changes often, however this one seems to be lingering the longest. He has begun to stiffen and raise his shoulders and fingers(as if to claw) and will walk around like this all day. I usually am able to redirect him, by showing him the correct hand and shoulder placement or tell him it's "inappropriate" to walk that way. I'm thinking these are sensory issues an my require OT interventions or something. No

matter what I have done to discourage this he continues to go back to this and now he is picking up everything around my house, that is laying around and put it in it's appropriate place(or what he feels is the appropriate place). This has been going on over a month hopefully, it will cease until the the next OCD episode. Can anyone relate? Any thoughts, theories, or suggestions? > Thanks,> Eunice (Mom to Jordan 16 y/o teen delivered from Autism)> > > ---------------------------------> Don't pick lemons.> See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.>

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

Actually no.....he has been off for few years now.paytonese <paytonese@...> wrote: Hi Eunice! Is your son taking any meds? Some antipsychotics can cause muscle stiffness...Just a thought!JOY>> Hello,> > I just need to vent and share about my 16y/o mild/moderate autistic son's latest behaviors. We go through these

changes often, however this one seems to be lingering the longest. He has begun to stiffen and raise his shoulders and fingers(as if to claw) and will walk around like this all day. I usually am able to redirect him, by showing him the correct hand and shoulder placement or tell him it's "inappropriate" to walk that way. I'm thinking these are sensory issues an my require OT interventions or something. No matter what I have done to discourage this he continues to go back to this and now he is picking up everything around my house, that is laying around and put it in it's appropriate place(or what he feels is the appropriate place). This has been going on over a month hopefully, it will cease until the the next OCD episode. Can anyone relate? Any thoughts, theories, or suggestions? > Thanks,> Eunice (Mom to Jordan 16 y/o teen delivered from Autism)> > >

---------------------------------> Don't pick lemons.> See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.>

Never Miss an EmailStay connected with on your mobile. Get started!

That could be the case hereMarilyn Pyles <hillbillyhelper2@...> wrote: I'm hoping it wHe could be copying behavior that he has seen at school or in a movie. A friend of mine who also has a son with Autism had a time when he was limping; she took him to doctors several times and they could find nothing wrong. She attended his classroom and found a child with an orthopedic disability who walked with a limp. I had an experience with my son repeatedly throwing a ball at my head, he did this non-stop for days, then his

aide at school talked about how she was volleying the ball back to him using her head. Marilyn Pyles Lilburn, GApaytonese <paytonese > wrote: Hi Eunice! Is your son taking any meds? Some antipsychotics can cause muscle stiffness...Just a thought!JOY>> Hello,> > I just need to vent and share about my 16y/o mild/moderate autistic son's latest behaviors. We go through these changes often, however this one seems to be lingering the longest. He has begun to stiffen and raise his shoulders and fingers(as if to claw) and will walk around like this all day. I

usually am able to redirect him, by showing him the correct hand and shoulder placement or tell him it's "inappropriate" to walk that way. I'm thinking these are sensory issues an my require OT interventions or something. No matter what I have done to discourage this he continues to go back to this and now he is picking up everything around my house, that is laying around and put it in it's appropriate place(or what he feels is the appropriate place). This has been going on over a month hopefully, it will cease until the the next OCD episode. Can anyone relate? Any thoughts, theories, or suggestions? > Thanks,> Eunice (Mom to Jordan 16 y/o teen delivered from Autism)> > > ---------------------------------> Don't pick lemons.> See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.> Access over 1

million songs - Music Unlimited.

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Beta.

That could be the case hereMarilyn Pyles <hillbillyhelper2@...> wrote: I'm hoping it wHe could be copying behavior that he has seen at school or in a movie. A friend of mine who also has a son with Autism had a time when he was limping; she took him to doctors several times and they could find nothing wrong. She attended his classroom and found a child with an orthopedic disability who walked with a limp. I had an experience with my son repeatedly throwing a ball at my head, he did this non-stop for days, then his

aide at school talked about how she was volleying the ball back to him using her head. Marilyn Pyles Lilburn, GApaytonese <paytonese > wrote: Hi Eunice! Is your son taking any meds? Some antipsychotics can cause muscle stiffness...Just a thought!JOY>> Hello,> > I just need to vent and share about my 16y/o mild/moderate autistic son's latest behaviors. We go through these changes often, however this one seems to be lingering the longest. He has begun to stiffen and raise his shoulders and fingers(as if to claw) and will walk around like this all day. I

usually am able to redirect him, by showing him the correct hand and shoulder placement or tell him it's "inappropriate" to walk that way. I'm thinking these are sensory issues an my require OT interventions or something. No matter what I have done to discourage this he continues to go back to this and now he is picking up everything around my house, that is laying around and put it in it's appropriate place(or what he feels is the appropriate place). This has been going on over a month hopefully, it will cease until the the next OCD episode. Can anyone relate? Any thoughts, theories, or suggestions? > Thanks,> Eunice (Mom to Jordan 16 y/o teen delivered from Autism)> > > ---------------------------------> Don't pick lemons.> See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.> Access over 1

million songs - Music Unlimited.

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Beta.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

The screaming bloody murder has been a constant for years. He is 7

going on 8 in 3 months. The thing is that over the past month new

behaviors have developed. He starts screaming the moment he wakes

till bedtime. His tantrums have gotten so much worse. He will run

and throw himself up against a wall. He will throw anything from

toys to electronics. I can hear my other son telling him not to

knock over the lamp. He kicks cushions off the couch. Knocks off

anything that will be on a counter top. He just doesn't stop

screaming. Stuff is crashing right now. I am going out of my mind.

His teacher wants to change schools and take my son with him. It is

a higher functioning autistic class focused more on socialization and

academics. I hope she knows what she is in for. It just doesn't

make sense to me. He is so out of control. You try to say something

to him and he covers his ears and screams. I am terrified of saying

no to him because I dread the screaming and tantrums. If we are out

there is no way to say no. I can't pick him up off the floor. He is

so big. My husband and I just got in a fight just this minute

because he says he can't stand it anymore. I told him to leave him

alone that I am dealing with it. He thinks my son needs to be

spanked. I don't believe in it, especially with an autistic child.

I think my husband should pick up a book and learn as much as he can

about autism. Of course there is a lot more I could talk about but I

want it to be known that my son is not the factor that makes our

family dysfunctional. I just don't know what could have happened

over the past month. No changes in the house. Should I be looking

for therapies outside of the school? He only gets speech. We live

in Bakersfield, CA and there isn't much. Any ideas of what I can do?