RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Why can't I get a good connection with my pendants? [2 Attachments]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Liz,I watched the whole playback and I didn't see anything that really looked like synchronous alpha.  There were two small exceptions where it looked like there might be three consecutive alpha waves (roughly 3/10th of a second of potential synchronous activity), the thing is that they looked the way my Excalibur looks when I have a really bad connection and it was clear from your spectrometer that your connection was fine.

I have attached to this email a picture showing good contrast between alpha-synchrony and asynchronous activity.  The blue underlines asynchronous and red underlines the alpha-synch you really can't miss it.

Z

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Margoshes <drmargoshes@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Margoshes included below]

Listmates,Victory! Using good old paste instead of saline I am now able to train both my son and husband! yay. In case anyone is interested or willing to look at this EEG, I have attached a file of my son's -- this was using a 2-Ch alpha synchrony design for the first times, mostly eyes closed except for a little bit of time when he opened them. Electrodes are at the parietal region, left and right, linked ear references, and of course a ground.

Does this look like the EEG of somebody who needs/would benefit from alpha/synchrony training? what I'm seeing is that my son (and husband too) are getting the " synchrony bell " to ring many many times. I wonder if this is what I should be training.

When last I assessed my son (in college now, 19 years old, diagnosed with ADHD, VERY obsessive, intellectualized, anxious, and ruminative, sleep onset problems all his life, and yes, medicating with Adderall (although not today at time of training), it was suggested by Pete that we train down the hot temporals -- never quite got the hang of NF at that time, however.

He seems much more amenable to training, now, however, and we have two months until he goes back to college. I'd like to do the best we can now. Any suggestions welcome. Oh I guess I could attach his ancient assessment, too.

THANK YOU.LizOn Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM, me <drmargoshes@...> wrote:

Wow that's very interesting, but I have a few pendants, one rather newish, others I bought as very old used equipment, and as I said, when I used paste instead of saline the channel worked fine, so I do think my technique of attaching to the scalp is what I need to work on.

LizOn Jul 5, 2012, at 8:27 AM, " davidkaus1975 " <davidkaus1975@...> wrote:

Liz,

When I first received my pendant I also had a similar problem with Ch 1. After speaking with Pete, I found out it may be a problem with some pocket pendants. I spoke with Bruce from Pocket Neurobics and he had it repaired within a week.

I think it was a solder joint issue.. Does Channel 2 seem to work ok? Are you getting a good signal from Ch2?

I thought I was going crazy when I encountered the problem, I thought I wasn't doing something right..

>

> I've been having so many problems with my pendants. First, Ch1 is always

> red - I prepped well, new battery, etc (this is with two-channel designs).

> Changing to another pendant -- with a different " receiver " in the computer,

> changing electrodes (they are new) -- still Ch 1 always red. (I have two

> actives, in +1 and +2, two references, linked with the jumper cable,

> plugged into -1 and -2, and a ground in the middle hole of the pendant.

>

> Next -- BioExplorer stayed on " Connecting... " but never " Connected. " I

> changed the battery again. Still, it didn't connect.

>

> So then I plugged everything in to another laptop, and now it is connecting

> -- hooray -- but -- Channel 1 is always red again!

>

> (No, I can't say that I have *ever* had a consistently good connection

> since starting to do NF)

>

> I am using saline and EEG spray and a nice headband. My electrodes are

> covered with felt pads I made myself to hold the saline. Earclips are also

> covered in felt pads and soaked in saline. The scalp is prepped with

> alcohol and NuPrep.

>

> What could be wrong?? could it be a problem with my copy of BioExplorer?

> Oh -- I should say that sometimes the connection is FINE and I get

> beautiful EEG -- but it is completely unpredictable! and now it feels like

> acting up. Very frustrating!

>

> Thank you for any ideas!

>

> Liz

>

> --

> Margoshes, Ph.D.

> New York State Licensed Psychologist

>