RemedySpot.com

Re: Why can't I get a good connection with my pendants?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Listmates,Here is an update: I have now solved the problem of the pendant saying " Connecting... " but never Connecting. It was a Com Port problem. I didn't realize it, because in the past when I've had this problem it says " No Port. " But this time somehow there was a port, but it didn't coincide with where the pendant was supposed to be (i.e., the port named in " Device Manager. " ). OK, so that's solved, but I still can't solve the problem that, most of the time, Channel 1 is on continuous red regardless of which pendant, which receiver, which laptop, which electrodes, etc.  Any help appreciated. It's so frustrating that I can't find anybody in or near New York City to look at these pendants.

LizOn Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Margoshes <drmargoshes@...> wrote:

I've been having so many problems with my pendants. First, Ch1 is always red - I prepped well, new battery, etc (this is with two-channel designs). Changing to another pendant -- with a different " receiver " in the computer, changing electrodes (they are new) -- still Ch 1 always red. (I have two actives, in +1 and +2, two references, linked with the jumper cable, plugged into -1 and -2, and a ground in the middle hole of the pendant.

Next -- BioExplorer stayed on " Connecting... " but never " Connected. " I changed the battery again. Still, it didn't connect. So then I plugged everything in to another laptop, and now it is connecting -- hooray -- but -- Channel 1 is always red again!

(No, I can't say that I have *ever* had a consistently good connection since starting to do NF)I am using saline and EEG spray and a nice headband. My electrodes are covered with felt pads I made myself to hold the saline. Earclips are also covered in felt pads and soaked in saline. The scalp is prepped with alcohol and NuPrep.

What could be wrong?? could it be a problem with my copy of BioExplorer? Oh -- I should say that sometimes the connection is FINE and I get beautiful EEG -- but it is completely unpredictable! and now it feels like acting up. Very frustrating!

Thank you for any ideas!Liz-- Margoshes, Ph.D.New York State Licensed Psychologist

-- Margoshes, Ph.D.New York State Licensed Psychologist

Guest guest

Liz,

When I first received my pendant I also had a similar problem with Ch 1. After

speaking with Pete, I found out it may be a problem with some pocket pendants.

I spoke with Bruce from Pocket Neurobics and he had it repaired within a week.

I think it was a solder joint issue.. Does Channel 2 seem to work ok? Are you

getting a good signal from Ch2?

I thought I was going crazy when I encountered the problem, I thought I wasn't

doing something right..

>

> I've been having so many problems with my pendants. First, Ch1 is always

> red - I prepped well, new battery, etc (this is with two-channel designs).

> Changing to another pendant -- with a different " receiver " in the computer,

> changing electrodes (they are new) -- still Ch 1 always red. (I have two

> actives, in +1 and +2, two references, linked with the jumper cable,

> plugged into -1 and -2, and a ground in the middle hole of the pendant.

>

> Next -- BioExplorer stayed on " Connecting... " but never " Connected. " I

> changed the battery again. Still, it didn't connect.

>

> So then I plugged everything in to another laptop, and now it is connecting

> -- hooray -- but -- Channel 1 is always red again!

>

> (No, I can't say that I have *ever* had a consistently good connection

> since starting to do NF)

>

> I am using saline and EEG spray and a nice headband. My electrodes are

> covered with felt pads I made myself to hold the saline. Earclips are also

> covered in felt pads and soaked in saline. The scalp is prepped with

> alcohol and NuPrep.

>

> What could be wrong?? could it be a problem with my copy of BioExplorer?

> Oh -- I should say that sometimes the connection is FINE and I get

> beautiful EEG -- but it is completely unpredictable! and now it feels like

> acting up. Very frustrating!

>

> Thank you for any ideas!

>

> Liz

>

> --

> Margoshes, Ph.D.

> New York State Licensed Psychologist

>

Guest guest

Liz,The problem with Connecting is probably related to your changing th Dongle (receiver).RIGHT-click on My Computer and choose Manage, in the window that opens, in the left pane, select Device Manager.

In the Center pane, on the list of Devices that appears, click PortsYou should see the Wireless Dongle and the COM port where it can be addressed.Make sure that BE has the Pendant set to receive info from that same COM port.

If that doesn't work, verify that the Pendant and dongle are both blinking the same number of times.Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...

http://www.brain-trainer.comUSA 678 224 5895BR 47 3346 6235The Learning Curve, Inc.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Margoshes <drmargoshes@...> wrote:

I've been having so many problems with my pendants. First, Ch1 is always red - I prepped well, new battery, etc (this is with two-channel designs). Changing to another pendant -- with a different " receiver " in the computer, changing electrodes (they are new) -- still Ch 1 always red. (I have two actives, in +1 and +2, two references, linked with the jumper cable, plugged into -1 and -2, and a ground in the middle hole of the pendant.

Next -- BioExplorer stayed on " Connecting... " but never " Connected. " I changed the battery again. Still, it didn't connect. So then I plugged everything in to another laptop, and now it is connecting -- hooray -- but -- Channel 1 is always red again!

(No, I can't say that I have *ever* had a consistently good connection since starting to do NF)I am using saline and EEG spray and a nice headband. My electrodes are covered with felt pads I made myself to hold the saline. Earclips are also covered in felt pads and soaked in saline. The scalp is prepped with alcohol and NuPrep.

What could be wrong?? could it be a problem with my copy of BioExplorer? Oh -- I should say that sometimes the connection is FINE and I get beautiful EEG -- but it is completely unpredictable! and now it feels like acting up. Very frustrating!

Thank you for any ideas!Liz-- Margoshes, Ph.D.New York State Licensed Psychologist