RemedySpot.com

Re: sensor longevity?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

When the silver which is underneath the Silver-Chloride begins to show through (shiny spots), you have a bimetallic electrode and should replace it.  The Silver/Silver-Chloride is dark, the silver is...well, silver.

If you are using snap-in neurotrodes, I just wipe them off with a paper towel.  If you have purchased cup electrodes, I dunk them in hot--not quite boiling--water three or four quick dunks, and the paste melts away and leaves them clean.

You'll probably get a lot better signal if you use NuPrep or some other mildly abrasive prep and rub lightly for 8-12 seconds at each site before placing the electrodes.  Alcohol may remove the oils on the skin, but it's not likely to clean off the dead skin cells, etc.

Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...http://www.brain-trainer.com

USA 678 224 5895BR 47 3346 6235The Learning Curve, Inc.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM, sriley_97202 <smileyriley24@...> wrote:

I'm wondering how you can tell when your silver chloride sensors need replaced - any slight discoloration? I've been washing mine with just warm water between uses. Also, are regular 70% isopropyl alcohol pads adequate for preparing the skin?

Thanks much,

Sheryl Riley, OT, BCN

Guest guest

Thank you for your informed answers!SherylOn Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:06 AM, pvdtlc <pvdtlc@...> wrote:

When the silver which is underneath the Silver-Chloride begins to show through (shiny spots), you have a bimetallic electrode and should replace it.  The Silver/Silver-Chloride is dark, the silver is...well, silver.

If you are using snap-in neurotrodes, I just wipe them off with a paper towel.  If you have purchased cup electrodes, I dunk them in hot--not quite boiling--water three or four quick dunks, and the paste melts away and leaves them clean.

You'll probably get a lot better signal if you use NuPrep or some other mildly abrasive prep and rub lightly for 8-12 seconds at each site before placing the electrodes.  Alcohol may remove the oils on the skin, but it's not likely to clean off the dead skin cells, etc.

I'm wondering how you can tell when your silver chloride sensors need replaced - any slight discoloration? I've been washing mine with just warm water between uses. Also, are regular 70% isopropyl alcohol pads adequate for preparing the skin?

Thanks much,

Sheryl Riley, OT, BCN

Guest guest

One thing I didn't mention--with the neurotrodes, I actually get them get down to the silver as quickly as possible, then use them for a long time.  It's when they are bi-metallic that they create a battery effect and actually make a signal from the electrodes themselves.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Sheryl Riley <smileyriley24@...> wrote:

Thank you for your informed answers!SherylOn Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:06 AM, pvdtlc <pvdtlc@...> wrote:

Thanks much,

Sheryl Riley, OT, BCN

Guest guest

Interesting. How long can you use them once they are completely down to the

silver? Is there some type of cleaner that can be used to take the silver

chloride off?

Chivers

> >>

> >>> **

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> I'm wondering how you can tell when your silver chloride sensors need

> >>> replaced - any slight discoloration? I've been washing mine with just warm

> >>> water between uses. Also, are regular 70% isopropyl alcohol pads adequate

> >>> for preparing the skin?

> >>>

> >>> Thanks much,

> >>> Sheryl Riley, OT, BCN

> >>>

> >>>

> >>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm confused because you first said to replace them when the silver shows. Then you said they work best when worn down to the silver. Have I misunderstood? Thanks!

On Jul 24, 2012 11:17 AM, " pvdtlc " <pvdtlc@...> wrote:

One thing I didn't mention--with the neurotrodes, I actually get them get down to the silver as quickly as possible, then use them for a long time.  It's when they are bi-metallic that they create a battery effect and actually make a signal from the electrodes themselves.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Sheryl Riley <smileyriley24@...> wrote:

Thanks much,

Sheryl Riley, OT, BCN

Guest guest

Sheryl,Difference between using neurotrodes with a small metal center and cup electrodes with a large expanse of metal.Pete-- Van Deusenpvdtlc@...

http://www.brain-trainer.comUSA 678 224 5895BR 47 3346 6235The Learning Curve, Inc.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Sheryl Riley <smileyriley24@...> wrote:

I'm confused because you first said to replace them when the silver shows. Then you said they work best when worn down to the silver. Have I misunderstood? Thanks!