RemedySpot.com

Re: sustiva and low fat meal & drug regimens

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I think the eating is exacerbating the Sustiva dreams.  Eating before bed is ALWAYS a bad idea, screws up your sleep bigtime. Eating SUGAR is the worst, and, at my age (68), eating spicy is also bad.  Sustiva always gave me vivid dreams (not necessarily nightmares).  Why not take the sustiva about 6 or 8 instead of bedtime ???  The Dreams are one of the reasons i switched to Reyataz, MANY fewer side effects. (taken with epzicom). I usually switch regimens about every 7 yrs or so. 

I used to take sustiva with a cookie or something, rarely a whole meal.  In fact unless we're going out to dinner, we only have two meals a day, usu b'fast and late afternoon supper (gotta keep my 165 wt). Try to meditate for 20 min before going to bed. And unless you're truly OCD, variations by 3 to 4 hours on taking drugs is ZERO problem. 

68yrs, poz 25 yrs, vl undect for 15 yrs, t's from 450-800 in same time frame, too evil to die. i just looked up Efavirenz (sustiva) on the NIH site:

<<Efavirenz comes as a capsule and as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day with plenty of water on an empty stomach. Take efavirenz at around the same time every day. Taking efavirenz at bedtime may make side effects less bothersome. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take efavirenz exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.>>

___________ Potrero HillSan Francisco