RemedySpot.com

Re: Stress and HIV

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The key is genetics, we all react differently to the virus and to medications.Some of us are luckier and can handle the HIV virus better then others, some people are even immune to HIVwhile others are non progressors in spite of HIV infection, some affrican women have been found to have such aggressive Tcells that litterally kills the virus and do not get sick after infection they just get over it as it was a cold (there was a documentary on this few years back on the science HD channel).Same for medications, some of us get better results while others don't and of course the same is for side effects.Add to the pot a person stress levels and capacity to

handle stress, life style, diet and yes economic conditionsand it gets really complicated.But to answer your question in short, yes stress effects the immune system and yes some people can handle the virus better.Mark B From: bullhead3031 <bullhead3031@...> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:24 PM Subject: Stress and HIV

I have been wondering if stress really is a major congtributing factor inhibiting the immune system. My partner and I have both been on medication for a while and it makes me wonder because I get much more stressed out than he does, but my cd-4 count is 4 times + that of his. There are lots of physicians who will adamantly claim that stress can be a silent killer, but does it really affect the immune system. Are some people just going to tolerate the virus better than others...???http://timehasshownme.com------------------------------------

"I have been wondering if stress really is a major congtributing factor inhibiting the immune system. My partner and I have both been on medication for a while and it makes me wonder because I get much more stressed out than he does, but my cd-4 count is 4 times + that of his. There are lots of physicians who will adamantly claim that stress can be a silent killer, but does it really affect the immune system. Are some people just going to tolerate the virus better than others...???"There are lots of reasons why you might have different CD4 counts. First, what were they when you started? If wildly different before starting, it's not surprising that they would be different now. It's important to remember how imperfect CD4 counts are, as a measure of damage to the immune system. One person with a low CD4 count might have more T cells hanging out in the lymph nodes, another might have almost none left.People also respond differently to medications. Some will go from 0 to 600 in weeks. Others will slowly crawl from 150, to 175, to 250, etc, etc, over years."Stress" is tough to measure, it affects people differently, and while it does have effects on the immune system, I don't think explains the variation in response to medications in most cases.JB