RemedySpot.com

Re: Walgreen to buy BioScrip units for $225 million

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Walgreens is a piece of s**t, worst customer service in the city. i jumped to Stadtscript almost a decade ago, which became Bioscript, over in the castro. Anybody know a GOOD SMALL pharmacy for my non-mail order drugs in SAN FRANCISCO, i'm willing to drive half way cross town to stay away from walgreens ?????

Hopefully walgreens won't f**k up bioscript too quickly. I guess it's too much to hope the storefronts remain. See what happens when you don't patronize your local merchants ??

___________ Potrero HillSan FranciscoWalgreen to buy BioScrip units for $225 million

Posted by: " Vergel "  Vergel@...   nelsonvergel

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:23 am (PSThttp://www.marketwatch.com/story/walgreen-to-buy-bioscrip-units-for-225-million-2012-02-02

-- Regards,    Vergel

Hi Eddie--Hopefully you'll have other pharmacy options there in SF.  if it's any consolation, when Walgreens bought up the locally owned SD & PS Community pharmacies, they kept the same people, and after a few initial glitches the service at that store has been essentially unchanged.  They did close one of the pharmacies a few miles away that was, to be honest, kind of redundant.

I wish I could say there's been an upside--you'd think that with a nationwide pharmacy chain you could get your meds anytime at any store.  I remember trying to get a Z-pack script for a sinus infection filled when I was visiting Vegas--not all Walgreens stores accept the same insurance, so they were going to charge me full price for what would have been a $5 co-pay at my Walgreens at home.  Even within the state there can be problems:  once I forgot my HIV meds when visiting Long Beach for the weekend.  It took 2 trips, 2 hrs, and calling a regional manager before they would part with enough meds to cover me for the weekend.   Crazy....

JeffRe: Walgreen to buy BioScrip units for $225 million

Posted by: " EddieKsf "  eddieksf@...   eddieksf

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 pm (PST)

Walgreens is a piece of s**t, worst customer service in the city.i jumped to Stadtscript almost a decade ago, which became Bioscript, overin the castro.Anybody know a GOOD SMALL pharmacy for my non-mail order drugs in SAN

FRANCISCO, i'm willing to drive half way cross town to stay away fromwalgreens ?????Hopefully walgreens won't f**k up bioscript too quickly. I guess it's toomuch to hope the storefronts remain.

See what happens when you don't patronize your local merchants ??___________Potrero HillSan FranciscoWalgreen to buy BioScrip units for $225million</message/37148;_ylc=X3oDMTJyMWhnNXBrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc5OTU2MDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYxNTkwBG1zZ0lkAzM3MTQ4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzMjk2NDQ2NDQ->Posted

by: " Vergel "  Vergelgmail<Vergelgmail?Subject=+Re%3A%20Walgreen%20to%20buy%20BioScrip%20units%20for%20%24225%20million>

nelsonvergel <nelsonvergel>Sat Feb 18, 20129:23 am (PSThttp://www.marketwa**tch.com/story/**walgreen-**to-buy-bioscrip-**units-for-

**225-million-**2012-02-02<http://www.marketwatch.com/story/walgreen-to-buy-bioscrip-units-for-225-million-2012-02-02>

-- Regards, Vergel

----- Forwarded Message ----From: Joe Palmer <glajoe2@...>Jeff <jefftaylorps@...>Sent: Mon, February 20, 2012 9:59:56 AMSubject: Re: Re: Walgreen to buy BioScrip units for $225 million

In smaller cities and towns, such as where I live, there just aren't the same options. I've used mail order mandated under my state's ADAP program and had several high anxiety producing incidents. After Medicare Part D I switched to one of my local Walgreens and have had standard to exceptional service. Many of the pharmacy staff know and greet me by name and have gone above and beyond in helping to resolve situations not of their doing. Last year when I was on a trip I accidentally broke a vial of insulin, and the pharmacy staff in San Diego called my insurance company to explain the situation and got my replacement vial free of charge to me. Contradicting the bad experiences others have had at their Walgreens - or other chain pharmacies - is not my intent. Perhaps my experiences have been the

exception, but I wanted to offer them nonetheless.JoeFrom: Jeff <jefftaylorps@...>eddieksf@...; Sent: Mon, February 20, 2012 8:31:57 AMSubject: Re: Walgreen to buy BioScrip units for $225 million

Hi Eddie--Hopefully you'll have other pharmacy options there in SF. if it's any consolation, when Walgreens bought up the locally owned SD & PS Community pharmacies, they kept the same people, and after a few initial glitches the service at that store has been essentially unchanged. They did close one of the pharmacies a few miles away that was, to be honest, kind of redundant.

I wish I could say there's been an upside--you'd think that with a nationwide pharmacy chain you could get your meds anytime at any store. I remember trying to get a Z-pack script for a sinus infection filled when I was visiting Vegas--not all Walgreens stores accept the same insurance, so they were going to charge me full price for what would have been a $5 co-pay at my Walgreens at home. Even within the state there can be problems: once I forgot my HIV meds when visiting Long Beach for the weekend. It took 2 trips, 2 hrs, and calling a regional manager before they would part with enough meds to cover me for the weekend. Crazy....

JeffRe: Walgreen to buy BioScrip units for $225 million

Posted by: "EddieKsf" eddieksf@... eddieksf

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 pm (PST)

Walgreens is a piece of s**t, worst customer service in the city.i jumped to Stadtscript almost a decade ago, which became Bioscript, overin the castro.Anybody know a GOOD SMALL pharmacy for my non-mail order drugs in SAN

FRANCISCO, i'm willing to drive half way cross town to stay away fromwalgreens ?????Hopefully walgreens won't f**k up bioscript too quickly. I guess it's toomuch to hope the storefronts remain.

See what happens when you don't patronize your local merchants ??___________Potrero HillSan FranciscoWalgreen to buy BioScrip units for $225million</message/37148;_ylc=X3oDMTJyMWhnNXBrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc5OTU2MDMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYxNTkwBG1zZ0lkAzM3MTQ4BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzMjk2NDQ2NDQ->Posted

by: " Vergel" Vergelgmail<Vergelgmail?Subject=+Re%3A%20Walgreen%20to%20buy%20BioScrip%20units%20for%20%24225%20million>

nelsonvergel <nelsonvergel>Sat Feb 18, 20129:23 am (PSThttp://www.marketwa%2A%2Atch.com/story/**walgreen-**to-buy-bioscrip-**units-for-

**225-million-**2012-02-02<http://www.marketwatch.com/story/walgreen-to-buy-bioscrip-units-for-225-million-2012-02-02>

-- Regards, Vergel

"It took 2 trips, 2 hrs, and calling a regional manager beforethey would part with enough meds to cover me for the weekend. Crazy...."That is nuts. You get some folks who are so tight with the rules that they forget their purpose. Asking for Truvada is not exactly the same as asking for Oxycontin.Has happened to me twice over the years, due to miscounting. In London, the pharmacist was a total OCD asshole. In Germany, the pharmacist was amazing. She accepted my ATM card as ID, because it says "MD" on it, and on that basis, issued the prescription, and wrote a letter to my insurance company, so that they would cover the cost. (And they did.)JB

JB/s problem below is exactly why i switched from Walgreens to Stadscript/Bioscript in the first place. The ocd at my local walgreens refused to fill my prescription in Jan 2004 because the doc wrote Jan 2003 on it. (Please no rationalization, it's still ocd). 

Bioscript says it will be the same people. Here's hoping...___________ Potrero HillSan Francisco<<Posted by: " J Barrowster "  barrowster@...   johnftl59

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 am (PST) " It took 2 trips, 2 hrs, and calling a regional manager beforethey would part with enough meds to cover me for the weekend. Crazy.... " That is nuts. You get some folks who are so tight with the rules that they forget their purpose. Asking for Truvada is not exactly the same as asking for Oxycontin.

Has happened to me twice over the years, due to miscounting. In London, the pharmacist was a total OCD asshole. In Germany, the pharmacist was amazing. She accepted my ATM card as ID, because it says " MD " on it, and on that basis, issued the prescription, and wrote a letter to my insurance company, so that they would cover the cost. (And they did.)

Prescritions expire after one yaear after the date of issue. This is standard.

>

> JB/s problem below is exactly why i switched from Walgreens to

> Stadscript/Bioscript in the first place. The ocd at my local walgreens

> refused to fill my prescription in Jan 2004 because the doc wrote Jan 2003

> on it. (Please no rationalization, it's still ocd).

>

> Bioscript says it will be the same people. Here's hoping...

> ___________

>

> Potrero Hill

> San Francisco

>

>

> <<Posted by: " J Barrowster " barrowster@...

>

<barrowster@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20Walgreen%20to%20buy%20BioScrip%20units%20for%20\

%24225%20million>

> johnftl59 <johnftl59>Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 am

> (PST)

> " It took 2 trips, 2 hrs, and calling a regional manager before

> they would part with enough meds to cover me for the weekend. Crazy.... "

>

> That is nuts. You get some folks who are so tight with the rules that they

> forget their purpose. Asking for Truvada is not exactly the same as asking

> for Oxycontin.

>

> Has happened to me twice over the years, due to miscounting. In London, the

> pharmacist was a total OCD asshole. In Germany, the pharmacist was amazing.

> She accepted my ATM card as ID, because it says " MD " on it, and on that

> basis, issued the prescription, and wrote a letter to my insurance company,

> so that they would cover the cost. (And they did.)

>