RemedySpot.com

Re: Sam Shepard/Fox Lipoatrophy?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well, coming from , I wanted to check this out.

After viewing the clip, I hate to say it, but when I have been thinking that I

am developing the very same condition, now, I think maybe not yet.....

I never knew who Sam Shepard was, so I never saw what he looked like 10 years

ago, but now, whatever is going on is pretty pronounced. (The eyeliner isn't

masking anything.)

I have a sense that we (humans) are all so used to looking at ourselves that

when things change, whether is it b/c of an illness or just getting older that

we often aren't aware of how different we look.

I guess that we can only try to be kind to ourselves. HIV is no beauty

treatment for any of us.

Phil

>

>

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/shepard-smith/index.html#/v/1510979776001/shep-hon\

ors-the-life-of-jocko-the-bull/?playlist_id=86930

>

> I doubt many of us watch Fox, but I was tipped off to this. One of their

anchors, Sam Shepard, seems to be developing facial lipoatrophy. When I see

this, of late, I actually think the person has something worse, but this is

pretty classic.

>

> Wonder what's going on?

>

> JB

>

Guest guest

I didn't know who he was either. But watching the clip, I was uncomfortably torn between two very conflicting emotions-- One being "good for him, we're poz but we should not be ashamed", and the other being "at some point it's time to stop getting in front of the camera". I guess that's a call left to the individual. Or more likely, it'll be made by their employer-- for better or worse.> >> > http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/shepard-smith/index.html#/v/1510979776001/shep-honors-the-life-of-jocko-the-bull/?playlist_id=86930> > > > I doubt many of us watch Fox, but I was tipped off to this. One of their anchors, Sam Shepard, seems to be developing facial lipoatrophy. When I see this, of late, I actually think the person has something worse, but this is pretty classic.> > > > Wonder what's going on?> > > > JB> >>

Guest guest

What's the purpose in pointing out the way this guy's face looks? Back before my silicone injections, I had several comments about my face and they all made me feel bad. I guess it's kind of like being patted on my lipo belly and being told how fat I'm getting. It sucks. I think this guy should just be left alone, whether he's on camera or off. We shouldn't treat him in any way that we don't want to be treated ourselves.Joe> > > > http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/shepard-smith/index.html#/v/1510979776001/shep-honors-the-life-of-jocko-the-bull/?playlist_id=86930> > I doubt many of us watch Fox, but I was tipped off to this. One of their anchors, Sam Shepard, seems to be developing facial lipoatrophy. When I see this, of late, I actually think the person has something worse, but this is pretty classic.> > Wonder what's going on?> > JB

Guest guest

What's the purpose in pointing out the way this guy's face looks? Back before my silicone injections, I had several comments about my face and they all made me feel bad. I guess it's kind of like being patted on my lipo belly and being told how fat I'm getting. It sucks. I think this guy should just be left alone, whether he's on camera or off. We shouldn't treat him in any way that we don't want to be treated ourselves.Joe> > > > http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/shepard-smith/index.html#/v/1510979776001/shep-honors-the-life-of-jocko-the-bull/?playlist_id=86930> > I doubt many of us watch Fox, but I was tipped off to this. One of their anchors, Sam Shepard, seems to be developing facial lipoatrophy. When I see this, of late, I actually think the person has something worse, but this is pretty classic.> > Wonder what's going on?> > JB

Guest guest

I remember having my feelings hurt so badly when I went into a small store and a group of clerks referred to me as a "crack head"...my face was very sunken and wasted from HIV at the time.

Also, they have the name wrong of the person being speculated about. It's Shepard isn't it, not Sam Shepard.

Re: Sam Shepard/Fox Lipoatrophy?

What's the purpose in pointing out the way this guy's face looks? Back before my silicone injections, I had several comments about my face and they all made me feel bad. I guess it's kind of like being patted on my lipo belly and being told how fat I'm getting. It sucks.

I think this guy should just be left alone, whether he's on camera or off. We shouldn't treat him in any way that we don't want to be treated ourselves.

Joe

>

>

>

> http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/shepard-smith/index.html#/v/1510979776001/shep-honors-the-life-of-jocko-the-bull/?playlist_id=86930

>

> I doubt many of us watch Fox, but I was tipped off to this. One of their anchors, Sam Shepard, seems to be developing facial lipoatrophy. When I see this, of late, I actually think the person has something worse, but this is pretty classic.

>

> Wonder what's going on?

>

> JB

Guest guest

To all. You all sound like a bunch of gossipy old ladies. The gentleman's name

is Shepard . All least get his name right. Also, he is about the only guy

on Fox who seems to have any journalistic integrity. I have seen many clips of

him correcting or admonishing people being interviewed, or by Fox reporters, for

racist or homophobic remarks. So, please let's stop demonizing or looking down

are collective nose at the man. As many of us have had to deal with the same

struggles, let us be sympathetic for him. Surely, he has the money to deal with

this. Perhaps he has a good sense of himself and does not want to undergo any

procedures.

Neal

Sent from my iPad

Guest guest

So allegedly, Shepard has lypoatrophy? So wouldn't that bring his HIV status into the discussion in mainstream media? I can't see FOX being that gay friendly in the first place. Having an anchor as popular as Shepard living with HIV would be big news. Surely someone would bring this up. I noticed a while back that he seemed to have lost a tremendous amount of weight. For all we know he could have some other malady .. not only HIV meds cause this problem .. but let's be real. We know what AIDs face is .. I have it .. and looking at Shepard I see myself. I am hoping to make the trip to Mexico to get the PMMA treatments .. I live on SSI and money is tight. It's a shame what we have to go through just for a little self-esteem .. but I think it's worth it since I'm already suffering

from depression issues related to stigma. I get so angry that the FDA will not approve the use of PMMA and that we still are fighting with insurance companies just to get sculptra coverage. I gave up on the Sculptra ... it leaves lumps and can make your face look worse. Just me of course. Perhaps Shepard is unaware of the various cosmetic remedies for facial wasting? Especially being so much in the public eye; and most certainly he can afford it. Perhaps it would draw too much attention to the all of the implications?To all. You all sound like a bunch of gossipy old ladies. The gentleman's name is Shepard . All least get his name right. Also, he is about the only guy on Fox who seems to have any journalistic integrity. I have seen many clips of him correcting or admonishing people being interviewed, or by Fox reporters, for racist or homophobic remarks. So, please let's stop demonizing or looking down are collective nose at

the man. As many of us have had to deal with the same struggles, let us be sympathetic for him. Surely, he has the money to deal with this. Perhaps he has a good sense of himself and does not want to undergo any procedures.NealSent from my iPad

Guest guest

So allegedly, Shepard has lypoatrophy? So wouldn't that bring his HIV status into the discussion in mainstream media? I can't see FOX being that gay friendly in the first place. Having an anchor as popular as Shepard living with HIV would be big news. Surely someone would bring this up. I noticed a while back that he seemed to have lost a tremendous amount of weight. For all we know he could have some other malady .. not only HIV meds cause this problem .. but let's be real. We know what AIDs face is .. I have it .. and looking at Shepard I see myself. I am hoping to make the trip to Mexico to get the PMMA treatments .. I live on SSI and money is tight. It's a shame what we have to go through just for a little self-esteem .. but I think it's worth it since I'm already suffering

from depression issues related to stigma. I get so angry that the FDA will not approve the use of PMMA and that we still are fighting with insurance companies just to get sculptra coverage. I gave up on the Sculptra ... it leaves lumps and can make your face look worse. Just me of course. Perhaps Shepard is unaware of the various cosmetic remedies for facial wasting? Especially being so much in the public eye; and most certainly he can afford it. Perhaps it would draw too much attention to the all of the implications?To all. You all sound like a bunch of gossipy old ladies. The gentleman's name is Shepard . All least get his name right. Also, he is about the only guy on Fox who seems to have any journalistic integrity. I have seen many clips of him correcting or admonishing people being interviewed, or by Fox reporters, for racist or homophobic remarks. So, please let's stop demonizing or looking down are collective nose at

the man. As many of us have had to deal with the same struggles, let us be sympathetic for him. Surely, he has the money to deal with this. Perhaps he has a good sense of himself and does not want to undergo any procedures.NealSent from my iPad