RemedySpot.com

Fwd: Sibshop January 11 in cumming

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Subject: Fwd: Sibshop January 11Deadline extended to January 9th!January 11, 2008 – 6:00-9:00 PMKidsTown BuildingFirst Baptist Church1597 Sawnee DriveCumming GA 30040REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS January 9th, 5 PM.Pre-registration is required and will be limited to the first 30 whoregister.What are Sibshops? Sibshops are celebrations of the manycontributions made by brothers and sisters of kids with special needs.Sibshops acknowledge that being the brother or sister of a personwith special needs is for some a good things, others a not-so-goodthing and for many, somewhere in-between. They reflect a belief thatbrothers and sisters have much to offer one another – if they aregiven a chance. Sibshops are a spirited mix of new games (designed tobe unique, off-beat, and appealing to a wide range of

abilities.) Seewww.siblingsupport.org for more information."I don't know exactly what helps my daughters, or what they like thebest, but they always come home from a Sibshop smiling and calm. Theyseem to find camaraderie in experience and in spirit, even if theother kids don't have siblings with the same exact problems as ourdaughter with severe disabilities. I don't know what they (or I)would do without Sibshops!" Parent QuoteWe are also interested in recruiting High School age or older siblingsof special needs to work as Teen Sib Advisors.Our Sibshops will be designed for 3rd-8th Grades only - thosecurrently registered are of the older elementary ages, not middleschool. At this time, we have no provision for special needs childrenduring Sibshops. We are beginning to have support and classes forspecial needs children at our church on Sunday AMs. Call or email formore information.Art Brown,

Minister of FamiliesFirst Baptist Church of Cumming GA770.887.2428 or art@...Return forms to church office or by fax 770.844.5732Forms are available by email. Please share with other groups thatmight be interested.--- End forwarded message ---Love and Prayers, , , Josh & McKevor

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.