RemedySpot.com

Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

Rate this topic

Guest guest

<<Therefore I wonder why he can inject this 'combo' without FDA approval.>>Short answer.....he can't. Why are you assuming that going to Mexico is so expensive? Why not ask someone who has done just that to give you an estimate of the various costs and then decide if it's something that is worth it for you?Sorry, but I can't see your post as I type. Is this for face, buttocks, or other areas? It has been my experience that PMMA in the face is only semi-permanent and needs to be done about once a year. The face is especially vulnerable due to the ravages of both time and illness, so the treatment will likely need to be repeated.Having said that, it's worth every penny to me because it restores that youthful fullness like nothing

else.

In a message dated 1/25/2012 10:34:16 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, spy9doc@... writes:

Sorry, but I can't see your post as I type. Is this for face, buttocks, or other areas? It has been my experience that PMMA in the face is only semi-permanent and needs to be done about once a year. The face is especially vulnerable due to the ravages of both time and illness, so the treatment will likely need to be repeated.

HI I had my face filled by Dr. Serra in Rio De Janiero Brasil over 5 years ago and I have not had it filled yearly. I may need a touchup but its nothing serious. So if you are having to do it yearly I would question the whole thing. I may go back in another 3 years but my face has held up very well. It may be that Dr. Serra knows the amounts to use since he has done it for so long. And I am a skinny dude and when I get sick and lose weight it does not show up in the face.

FRANK

That's not true. There IS a version of PMMA that's approved in the US, but the distributor has kept the price so absurdly high, it's unaffordable to do a face-job or a butt-job with it. I think a doctor would be allowed to use it "off label" for a face job, but you wouldn't be able to afford it. If he/she is mixing it with something else, there's probably very little PMMA in that mixture. If the rest of it is Sculptra or Restylane, you're wasting your time, it won't last.>> <<Therefore I wonder why he can inject this 'combo' without FDA approval.>>> > Short answer.....he can't. Why are you assuming that going to Mexico is so expensive? > > Why not ask someone who has done just that to give you an estimate of the various costs and then decide if it's something that is worth it for you?> > Sorry, but I can't see your post as I type. Is this for face, buttocks, or other areas? It has been my experience that PMMA in the face is only semi-permanent and needs to be done about once a year. The face is especially vulnerable due to the ravages of both time and illness, so the treatment will likely need to be repeated.> > Having said that, it's worth every penny to me because it restores that youthful fullness like nothing else.>

Just to clarify, PMMA is NOT semi permanent, it is very permanent as it is basicallymicrospheres of plexiglass that cause a permanent irritation in the surrounding tissue after injection in the human body,our body responds by surrounding the PMMA with hard tissue (collagen) to trap these small spheres.If you are still experiencing fat loss in the face area it is more likely that you are stillexperiencing wasting syndrome and that is some thing you could talk about with your physician.But I suspect you might be confusing Sculptra with PMMA, please correct me.A word of warning about all fillers based on my personal (good

and bad) experiences.Sculptra can create temporary lumps, in time they will suddenly dissolve.PMMA can create permanent lumps (in time they will soften) Silkon doesn't lump but IF not injected properly can later on move to a different area the key here is micro injections.All lumps can be dissolved or soften with injections of Kenalog 5 (2 maximum treatments as it can have adverse effects on muscle and even skin at a third treatment)Last every person has different reactions to the above fillersand based on my experience it is not a bad idea to first bulk up a face suffering from severe wasting with sculptra and then move to PMMA and finally touch up with the liquid

Silkon,Sculptra will create collagen layers where PMMA can later be injected and this helps toavoid solid islands of PMMA in the face, had one myself thank god for Silkon it is now impossible to see and feel.Keep in mind that like it or not doctors go by what we see not what we feel by touching our facebasically if it looks good it doesn't matter if it feels lumpy when pressing hard on the skin,blame that on present technology limitations (sorry).And never ever inject PMMA in areas like the breasts where it will create permanent lumps.To avoid lumps in the butt region do not inject PMMA but use a cannula to insert the PMMAin layers between the muscle and even under the skin, I had a great results with this from Doctor Casavantes.Same on the forehead,

Dr Casavantes even used a roller to smooth the PMMA after the insertion,and it is necessary to botox areas like the forehead and the laughing lines next to the mouth before inserting thePMMA to preventing the PMMA from moving right after application.Did I forget something? Probably! Feel free to ask away anything except the price since I did my treatments few years ago and still cannot believe how my super flat, painful and bony ass became the bubble butt I never hadand steroids plus heavy workouts have made it a lot better, sorry for the narcissistic rant LOL.The only thing I would recommend to everybody doing any filler treatment is to have realistic expectations,fillers can make us look better or even younger but never can they make us look they

were we werethe idea here is to remove the stigma and the negative emotional impact of HIV derived wasting syndrome.Mark B From: spy9doc <spy9doc@...> " " < > Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:02 PM Subject: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

<<Therefore I wonder why he can inject this 'combo' without FDA approval.>>Short answer.....he can't. Why are you assuming that going to Mexico is so expensive? Why not ask someone who has done just that to give you an estimate of the various costs and then decide if it's something that is worth it for you?Sorry, but I can't see your post as I type. Is this for face, buttocks, or other areas? It has been my experience that PMMA in the face is only semi-permanent and needs to be done about once a year. The face is especially vulnerable due to the ravages of both time and illness, so the treatment will likely need to be repeated.Having said that, it's worth every penny to me because it restores that youthful

fullness like nothing

else.

Jim & Mark....There is no need to be condescending just because you haven't seen me on the list previously. You're assuming that I am new to fillers and to the world of PMMA. I am a physician and have been doing research into the various types of PMMA for well over five years. I have also been a PMMA patient for that time.And, no, I'm not confused and I'm not being filled with anything but PMMA. I'm well acquainted with several physicians in the Tijuana area and know who is reputable and an experienced injector.To my knowledge, the only type of PMMA that is approved for use in the US is Artefill. If you have information to the contrary, I would appreciate references. Artefill is only approved for filling small lines in the face and is

prohibitively expensive for filling larger areas like the buttocks. Unless the physician you reference is using Artefill or some incarnation of it, s/he is using it illegally. If a substance has never been approved for use in the US, there is no such thing as "off label".Sorry if I wasn't clear.........when I was referring to PMMA as being semi-permanent in the face, I was referring to my own experience. No, it doesn't totally disappear, but I'm pretty thin and any weight loss shows in my face. My face needs to be touched up about every year to two years. Buttocks are an entirely different matter.......thankfully, PMMA in the buttocks has lasted for me and they look better now than 20 years ago.Best..........

Dear spy9doc,I can assure you that we are not being condiscending in any way, we are just sharing our personal experience so that others might benefit from our experiences.Believe me when I say it has been a painfull and difficult road for all of us and our experiences are more similar thenanyone can immagine.And if the PMMA in your buttocks is lasting for years there has to be a reason why it doesn't last as well in your face,you said you are a doctor so you must have an idea why you are experiencing this, by logic your body doesn't seem to have any problem producing collagen or your butt would have suffered like your face, did you use the same product in the face and butt area?Do you believe your face simply

doesn't respond to the PMMA as well as your butt?For your record I never said I did artefill in the USA.Mark B From: spy9doc <spy9doc@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:47 AM Subject: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

Jim & Mark....There is no need to be condescending just because you haven't seen me on the list previously. You're assuming that I am new to fillers and to the world of PMMA. I am a physician and have been doing research into the various types of PMMA for well over five years. I have also been a PMMA patient for that time.And, no, I'm not confused and I'm not being filled with anything but PMMA. I'm well acquainted with several physicians in the Tijuana area and know who is reputable and an experienced injector.To my knowledge, the only type of PMMA that is approved for use in the US is Artefill. If you have information to the contrary, I would appreciate references. Artefill is only approved for filling small lines in the face

and is

prohibitively expensive for filling larger areas like the buttocks. Unless the physician you reference is using Artefill or some incarnation of it, s/he is using it illegally. If a substance has never been approved for use in the US, there is no such thing as "off label".Sorry if I wasn't clear.........when I was referring to PMMA as being semi-permanent in the face, I was referring to my own experience. No, it doesn't totally disappear, but I'm pretty thin and any weight loss shows in my face. My face needs to be touched up about every year to two years. Buttocks are an entirely different matter.......thankfully, PMMA in the buttocks has lasted for me and they look better now than 20 years ago.Best..........

Dear spy9doc,I can assure you that we are not being condiscending in any way, we are just sharing our personal experience so that others might benefit from our experiences.Believe me when I say it has been a painfull and difficult road for all of us and our experiences are more similar thenanyone can immagine.And if the PMMA in your buttocks is lasting for years there has to be a reason why it doesn't last as well in your face,you said you are a doctor so you must have an idea why you are experiencing this, by logic your body doesn't seem to have any problem producing collagen or your butt would have suffered like your face, did you use the same product in the face and butt area?Do you believe your face simply

doesn't respond to the PMMA as well as your butt?For your record I never said I did artefill in the USA.Mark B From: spy9doc <spy9doc@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:47 AM Subject: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

Jim & Mark....There is no need to be condescending just because you haven't seen me on the list previously. You're assuming that I am new to fillers and to the world of PMMA. I am a physician and have been doing research into the various types of PMMA for well over five years. I have also been a PMMA patient for that time.And, no, I'm not confused and I'm not being filled with anything but PMMA. I'm well acquainted with several physicians in the Tijuana area and know who is reputable and an experienced injector.To my knowledge, the only type of PMMA that is approved for use in the US is Artefill. If you have information to the contrary, I would appreciate references. Artefill is only approved for filling small lines in the face

and is

I am interested in the cost of getting PMMA filler. You mention "several physicians" in the Tijuana area. I would have to figure in travel expenses as well. I may never get there because of costs. I went the Sculptra route and just wasn't please with the result. It left pockets of filler making my face lumpy. It would seem that PMMA is for only those who can afford it. It's a shame and humiliating for people like myself can't find more help on this matter here in the U.S. I think the procedure would help my depression and my outlook on life. From: spy9doc <spy9doc@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:47 AM Subject: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

Jim & Mark....There is no need to be condescending just because you haven't seen me on the list previously. You're assuming that I am new to fillers and to the world of PMMA. I am a physician and have been doing research into the various types of PMMA for well over five years. I have also been a PMMA patient for that time.And, no, I'm not confused and I'm not being filled with anything but PMMA. I'm well acquainted with several physicians in the Tijuana area and know who is reputable and an experienced injector.To my knowledge, the only type of PMMA that is approved for use in the US is Artefill. If you have information to the contrary, I would appreciate references. Artefill is only approved for filling small lines in the face and is

I am interested in the cost of getting PMMA filler. You mention "several physicians" in the Tijuana area. I would have to figure in travel expenses as well. I may never get there because of costs. I went the Sculptra route and just wasn't please with the result. It left pockets of filler making my face lumpy. It would seem that PMMA is for only those who can afford it. It's a shame and humiliating for people like myself can't find more help on this matter here in the U.S. I think the procedure would help my depression and my outlook on life. From: spy9doc <spy9doc@...> " " < > Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:47 AM Subject: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

About five years ago after reading numerous posts here and Internet research I decided to at least find out how costly it would be to do PMMA in my face to correct moderate facial wasting. After contacting Dr Casavantes and sending pics I found out it was surprisingly more affordable than I thought, though, yes, it as still a financial commitment with the cost of a flight from Illinois, a hotel, meals, etc. There was a payment assistance program based on income for the first procedure at the time that *may* not be available now. To help keep cost down I stayed at the least expensive hotel in a good area (near Balboa Park) that I could find and ate cheaply. I figured out how to get to the right trolley (day pass about $5) to ride down to the border and walked across and took a cab which was around $10. I

don't remember the total cost ($2,200??), but it was worth every penny and I'd have done it at twice the price. The cost was based on the peso, not the dollar. Also, many of the restaurants and convenience stores in the area seemed to take dollars and often had prices posted in both dollars and pesos.I've gone back and had my butt done and, yes, it cost more without payment assistance, but it was one of the best things I've done for myself post diagnosis. Since then I can sit comfortably and have a better butt than I did 20 years ago when I was in my 30s. If you're in pain a scrip for a pain med can be written and filled out at the pharmacy in the building's lobby. Mine cost around $20 and worth it. For a little while now I have been considering a return trip for a little more work on my face. I shouldn't need it except that I was sick and lost weight and weight gain has been a huge challenge for me most of my life, let alone

now.Was I nervous? Yes. The cab ride was safe. The office is in a beautiful, clean, modern and well known building (they're referred to as the "twin towers" or "las torres gemelas" because they resemble the fallen Twin Towers) in a safe area. The office is as clean and modern as any I have seen here. Dr Casavantes and his staff, especially assistant Wade, were all friendly, professional, and efficient. A Google search with "casavantes, tijuana" will give you a number of hits. These are on the first page.http://www.avantiderma.com/http://www.medicalpmma.com/After face pics - /photos/album/999350110/pic/listJoeFrom: Blakeman <blueeyes9455@...>spy9doc <spy99doc@...>; " " < >Sent: Thu, January 26, 2012 6:34:28 PMSubject: Re: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

About five years ago after reading numerous posts here and Internet research I decided to at least find out how costly it would be to do PMMA in my face to correct moderate facial wasting. After contacting Dr Casavantes and sending pics I found out it was surprisingly more affordable than I thought, though, yes, it as still a financial commitment with the cost of a flight from Illinois, a hotel, meals, etc. There was a payment assistance program based on income for the first procedure at the time that *may* not be available now. To help keep cost down I stayed at the least expensive hotel in a good area (near Balboa Park) that I could find and ate cheaply. I figured out how to get to the right trolley (day pass about $5) to ride down to the border and walked across and took a cab which was around $10. I

don't remember the total cost ($2,200??), but it was worth every penny and I'd have done it at twice the price. The cost was based on the peso, not the dollar. Also, many of the restaurants and convenience stores in the area seemed to take dollars and often had prices posted in both dollars and pesos.I've gone back and had my butt done and, yes, it cost more without payment assistance, but it was one of the best things I've done for myself post diagnosis. Since then I can sit comfortably and have a better butt than I did 20 years ago when I was in my 30s. If you're in pain a scrip for a pain med can be written and filled out at the pharmacy in the building's lobby. Mine cost around $20 and worth it. For a little while now I have been considering a return trip for a little more work on my face. I shouldn't need it except that I was sick and lost weight and weight gain has been a huge challenge for me most of my life, let alone

now.Was I nervous? Yes. The cab ride was safe. The office is in a beautiful, clean, modern and well known building (they're referred to as the "twin towers" or "las torres gemelas" because they resemble the fallen Twin Towers) in a safe area. The office is as clean and modern as any I have seen here. Dr Casavantes and his staff, especially assistant Wade, were all friendly, professional, and efficient. A Google search with "casavantes, tijuana" will give you a number of hits. These are on the first page.http://www.avantiderma.com/http://www.medicalpmma.com/After face pics - /photos/album/999350110/pic/listJoeFrom: Blakeman <blueeyes9455@...>spy9doc <spy99doc@...>; " " < >Sent: Thu, January 26, 2012 6:34:28 PMSubject: Re: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

, you are absolutely right fixing your face would make you feel better about yourself, mine was so bad I used to walk face down in shame I was probably one of the worse cases of facial wasting.Worse of all because at that point my doctor had me on Anadrol-50 for severe wasting some people tought I was trying to be one of those zero% fat bodybuilder, and one day a guy on the street just walked up to me to tell me I was disgusting, WOWI cannot even begin to tell you how bad that made me feel.That is when I decided to move faster (at a time when almost nothing was known about fillers)and went the sculptra way in Miami.One word of warning PMMA can also make

your face lumpy, and I am just trying to understand what youmeant by lumpy, if the problem is fuller area vs emptier areas then yes more filler would fix that, but if you meant hard lumps you might want to check with a dermatologist that specialize on sculptraand see if you can do tiny cortison injections to remove the lumps before you do any more filling,that is covered by insurance.You might have to wait few months before doing anymore filling after that, your doctors cangive you better advise on that following any cortisone treatment.As far as cost you might be surprised, when I did sculptra there was no assistence program or insurance coverage I basically had to pay by my own pocket and the costs for sessions went quicklyover 3-4 years from $700.00 to $ 1500.00-1800.00 per session and each year I did need few touch

upsso that was incredibly expensive for me.PMMA with doctor Casavantes did cost me much less then "one" Sculptra sessions and al I needed was one session and one touch up.Travel costs can be minimized by getting cheapper fares, don't fly week end, wait for special ratesdeals, certain times of the year price are much cheapper then peak period and so on.I live in NYC and I remember getting $350 air tickets round trips to San Diego, and for a fee (don't remember now)Dr Casavantes had a van pick me up at the airport and bring me back after the session, so basically if you feel like flying back and forth in one day it can be done.It is definately an investment but as you stated it does make an impact on one self confidence and happiness.For the butt it was even worse because the only alternative in USA were

implants, usually these can only be placed in the upper part of the butt to avoid any pressure on the sciatic nerve and because when sitting no pressure should be placed on the implant for the obvious reasons, so basically one would get a bubble upper butt and deflated lower butt, crazy.It should be noted that now Gummy bear (soft) implants are available vs the older rock hard implants.So like it or not PMMA was the way to go, I had my first treatment in Brazil only 80cc as the doctor did not want to do more then that and made my super flat ass look a bit better but more importantly it did reduce the pain when sitting down, and working in an office I have to sit down all day.Unfortunately I was also left with small lumps because of the way the PMMA was injected.I decided to go to Dr Casavanted for my second session after I heard about the cannula technique,and If I

remember correctly I had 220 CC inserted between the muscle and under the skin, I cannot tellwhat it felt like to have a normal ass for the first time in years, I wa scare to sit down for 2 week because I thought the PMMA might move LOL, it did not.Best of all because of the way Dr Casavanted inserted the PMMA it reduced the lumps by coverung themup and it time they did soften , but frankly I couldn'r care less about them, and neither does my partner of 21 years.One last piece of information, PMMA is very good for the temples where I find Sculptra I had little effect.It was also perfect in the forehead via cannula as it created a even layer and not lumps of collagen under my forehead.Same for under the eyes.I remember Dr Casavanted had a discount program for low income individual, that is some thing could

help as well if the program is still on.Mark B From: Blakeman <blueeyes9455@...> spy9doc <spy99doc@...>; " " < > Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:34 PM Subject: Re: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

I am interested in the cost of getting PMMA filler. You mention "several physicians" in the Tijuana area. I would have to figure in travel expenses as well. I may never get there because of costs. I went the Sculptra route and just wasn't please with the result. It left pockets of filler making my face lumpy. It would seem that PMMA is for only those who can afford it. It's a shame and humiliating for people like myself can't find more help on this matter here in the U.S. I think the procedure would help my depression and my outlook on life.

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional

Change settings via the Web ( ID required)

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured

Visit Your Group |

Terms of Use

|

Unsubscribe

, you are absolutely right fixing your face would make you feel better about yourself, mine was so bad I used to walk face down in shame I was probably one of the worse cases of facial wasting.Worse of all because at that point my doctor had me on Anadrol-50 for severe wasting some people tought I was trying to be one of those zero% fat bodybuilder, and one day a guy on the street just walked up to me to tell me I was disgusting, WOWI cannot even begin to tell you how bad that made me feel.That is when I decided to move faster (at a time when almost nothing was known about fillers)and went the sculptra way in Miami.One word of warning PMMA can also make

your face lumpy, and I am just trying to understand what youmeant by lumpy, if the problem is fuller area vs emptier areas then yes more filler would fix that, but if you meant hard lumps you might want to check with a dermatologist that specialize on sculptraand see if you can do tiny cortison injections to remove the lumps before you do any more filling,that is covered by insurance.You might have to wait few months before doing anymore filling after that, your doctors cangive you better advise on that following any cortisone treatment.As far as cost you might be surprised, when I did sculptra there was no assistence program or insurance coverage I basically had to pay by my own pocket and the costs for sessions went quicklyover 3-4 years from $700.00 to $ 1500.00-1800.00 per session and each year I did need few touch

upsso that was incredibly expensive for me.PMMA with doctor Casavantes did cost me much less then "one" Sculptra sessions and al I needed was one session and one touch up.Travel costs can be minimized by getting cheapper fares, don't fly week end, wait for special ratesdeals, certain times of the year price are much cheapper then peak period and so on.I live in NYC and I remember getting $350 air tickets round trips to San Diego, and for a fee (don't remember now)Dr Casavantes had a van pick me up at the airport and bring me back after the session, so basically if you feel like flying back and forth in one day it can be done.It is definately an investment but as you stated it does make an impact on one self confidence and happiness.For the butt it was even worse because the only alternative in USA were

implants, usually these can only be placed in the upper part of the butt to avoid any pressure on the sciatic nerve and because when sitting no pressure should be placed on the implant for the obvious reasons, so basically one would get a bubble upper butt and deflated lower butt, crazy.It should be noted that now Gummy bear (soft) implants are available vs the older rock hard implants.So like it or not PMMA was the way to go, I had my first treatment in Brazil only 80cc as the doctor did not want to do more then that and made my super flat ass look a bit better but more importantly it did reduce the pain when sitting down, and working in an office I have to sit down all day.Unfortunately I was also left with small lumps because of the way the PMMA was injected.I decided to go to Dr Casavanted for my second session after I heard about the cannula technique,and If I

remember correctly I had 220 CC inserted between the muscle and under the skin, I cannot tellwhat it felt like to have a normal ass for the first time in years, I wa scare to sit down for 2 week because I thought the PMMA might move LOL, it did not.Best of all because of the way Dr Casavanted inserted the PMMA it reduced the lumps by coverung themup and it time they did soften , but frankly I couldn'r care less about them, and neither does my partner of 21 years.One last piece of information, PMMA is very good for the temples where I find Sculptra I had little effect.It was also perfect in the forehead via cannula as it created a even layer and not lumps of collagen under my forehead.Same for under the eyes.I remember Dr Casavanted had a discount program for low income individual, that is some thing could

help as well if the program is still on.Mark B From: Blakeman <blueeyes9455@...> spy9doc <spy99doc@...>; " " < > Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:34 PM Subject: Re: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

I am interested in the cost of getting PMMA filler. You mention "several physicians" in the Tijuana area. I would have to figure in travel expenses as well. I may never get there because of costs. I went the Sculptra route and just wasn't please with the result. It left pockets of filler making my face lumpy. It would seem that PMMA is for only those who can afford it. It's a shame and humiliating for people like myself can't find more help on this matter here in the U.S. I think the procedure would help my depression and my outlook on life.

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional

Change settings via the Web ( ID required)

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured

Visit Your Group |

Terms of Use

|

Unsubscribe

Thank you so much for sharing your experience .. yes, I will only be having my face done and am not sure how severe it is .. personally I see it as moderate but then I have been living with it so long I can no longer make an honest decision on that. I would have to fly to San Diego from Atlanta and back, I am not sure if staying overnight would be necessary. Trying to coordinate flight schedules and the time it will take for the procedure might be stressful. I am also anxious to know if I would have to go back for any touch ups in the future. How does one go about making an appointment .. or rather correspondence with Dr.Casavantes? I am almost at the point where I hardly go out much, I feel very uncomfortable around people. I am 56 and wonder also if I should just bear what my higher power has dealt me. I sure would

like to feel better about myself. You know, like all those guys in HIVpoz medication advertisements! HA HA Thank you so much for reaching out ... it means the world to me. It makes me think how very little my regular docs office will do to help me. JB From: Jim98122x <jim98122x@...> Blakeman <blueeyes9455@...> Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:19 PM Subject: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t If you have "fairly moderate" wasting, you

should probably be able to get your face done for about $3500. Don't go to anyone but Dr. Casavantes. Some of the others, though they may be "OK", have resorted to some fairly deceptive practices to get business, such as posting phony Craig's list messages advertising a "testing protocol", which was really just them soliciting business.A couple of people have mentioned Dr. Casavante's "Patient Assistance Program". It's not really an "assistance program". He simply charges poz guys less than people who aren't poz. For example, he does cosmetic work for rich ladies who just want work done. They pay more. The way he explained it to me, it's just a two-tiered pricing structure. But it's not cheaper if you're lower income (unless he's changed it since June).Two other points--If you go, if you're getting your face done you won't need anything for pain. If you get your butt done (I did),

you WILL. Bring your own, because narcotic painkillers (like percocets) are not prescribe-able in Mexico. Also, they will build a round-trip limo from San Diego into the cost estimates. If you really want to economize (who doesn't?) you don't need that. Take the San Diego trolly to the border, as Mark mentioned. It's a couple of $$ each way. Walk across. Take a cab to/from his office for about $10. His office is in a very well-known office tower connected to a very nice hotel. Their clinic and employees are first rate.Dr. Casavantes and Wade both live in San Diego, by the way.Good luck, it's totally worth it if you can swing it. You'll be glad you did it.>> I am interested in the cost of getting

PMMA filler. You mention "several physicians" in the Tijuana area. I would have to figure in travel expenses as well. I may never get there because of costs. I went the Sculptra route and just wasn't please with the result. It left pockets of filler making my face lumpy. It would seem that PMMA is for only those who can afford it. It's a shame and humiliating for people like myself can't find more help on this matter here in the U.S. I think the procedure would help my depression and my outlook on life.>>>> ________________________________> From: spy9doc <spy9doc@...>> " " < >> Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:47 AM> Subject: Re: recent

research on PMMA and silicone?t>>>  > Jim & Mark....>> There is no need to be condescending just because you haven't seen me on the list previously. You're assuming that I am new to fillers and to the world of PMMA. I am a physician and have been doing research into the various types of PMMA for well over five years. I have also been a PMMA patient for that time.>> And, no, I'm not confused and I'm not being filled with anything but PMMA. I'm well acquainted with several physicians in the Tijuana area and know who is reputable and an experienced injector.>> To my knowledge, the only type of PMMA that is approved for use in the US is Artefill. If you have information to the contrary, I would appreciate references. Artefill is only approved for filling small lines in the face and is prohibitively expensive for filling larger areas like the buttocks. Unless the

physician you reference is using Artefill or some incarnation of it, s/he is using it illegally. If a substance has never been approved for use in the US, there is no such thing as "off label".>> Sorry if I wasn't clear.........when I was referring to PMMA as being semi-permanent in the face, I was referring to my own experience. No, it doesn't totally disappear, but I'm pretty thin and any weight loss shows in my face. My face needs to be touched up about every year to two years. Buttocks are an entirely different matter.......thankfully, PMMA in the buttocks has lasted for me and they look better now than 20 years ago.>> Best..........>

Hi guys, Just a couple of things here. I have been to Dr. C. 3 times. Once I took my own medication, a valium because I was nervous. Dr. C. also can give folks something to relax them so it’s your choice and it’s not a problem to get what you need there. Also I have always paid the $100.00 dollar fee for transportation to and from San Diego, ( $50.00 each way) His office may only be a few minutes from the border but can take up to an hour or two depending on the traffic and border crossing. So taking a Trolly to the border then a taxi could cost just as much anyway. I know money is an issue for many folks, but for me the transportation fee was well worth it. Heck, Dr. C. and Wade picked us up once and took us to the office. I can’t say enough good things about them and how well I was treated there. I have had both my butt and face done and am very happy with the results. Just my 2-cents Jeff Freedom Valley1875 US 250 SNew London, OH 44851-0030 (419) 929-8100(866) 431-4480 - faxwww.FreedomValleyCamping.com

To follow on to what Jeff says about medications-- if you're having your butt

done, you should seriously consider bringing your own painkillers. The face-job

isn't bad, and isn't uncomfortable after it's done. But the butt-job definitely

hurts a good bit for several days. Dr. Casavantes explained to me that drugs

like percocet or vicodin are not available by prescription in Mexico. So the

best you'll get from him is a painkiller like a strong tylenol. So bring your

own. My Doc phoned a prescription to the Rite Aid in Hillcrest (San Diego) for

me. It helped a lot.

Regarding traffic and the SD Trolley-- my experience was that once I'd walked

across from the Trolley to the Tijuana area called Constitution, it was no

problem to catch a taxi to Dr. C's office, regardless of the border traffic.

You're not stuck in the same traffic. On the way back the taxi driver won't get

into the border lineup, so you don't get stuck. If I had to do it over again,

I'd take the SD Trolley again and save about $75. (of course, compared to the

couple of thou$and it's going to cost you, it's a drop in the bucket anyway).

>

> Hi guys,

>

>

>

> Just a couple of things here. I have been to Dr. C. 3 times. Once I took

> my own medication, a valium because I was nervous. Dr. C. also can give

> folks something to relax them so it's your choice and it's not a problem to

> get what you need there. Also I have always paid the $100.00 dollar fee

> for transportation to and from San Diego, ( $50.00 each way) His office

> may only be a few minutes from the border but can take up to an hour or two

> depending on the traffic and border crossing. So taking a Trolly to the

> border then a taxi could cost just as much anyway. I know money is an

> issue for many folks, but for me the transportation fee was well worth it.

> Heck, Dr. C. and Wade picked us up once and took us to the office. I can't

> say enough good things about them and how well I was treated there.

>

>

>

> I have had both my butt and face done and am very happy with the results.

>

>

>

> Just my 2-cents

>

>

>

> Jeff

>

>

>

> Freedom Valley

>

> 1875 US 250 S

>

> New London, OH 44851-0030

>

>

>

> (419) 929-8100

>

> (866) 431-4480 - fax

>

> www.FreedomValleyCamping.com

>

>

>

> Freedom Valley Logo-tag line

>

For the pain it helped me a lot to do slow and short squats the night following

the

butt session, I got the idea after doing research on butt implants.

Basically the butt muscle get irritated by the implantation and contract, that

is what causes the pain.

After butt implant surgery some surgeon require the patient to do squats.

Slowly squatting ( I did this at the hotel

by simply sitting down slowly on the toilette) forces the butt muscle to relax

greatly

reducing any discomfort

Mark B

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 31, 2012, at 12:03 PM, " Jim98122x " <jim98122x@...> wrote:

> To follow on to what Jeff says about medications-- if you're having your butt

done, you should seriously consider bringing your own painkillers. The face-job

isn't bad, and isn't uncomfortable after it's done. But the butt-job definitely

hurts a good bit for several days. Dr. Casavantes explained to me that drugs

like percocet or vicodin are not available by prescription in Mexico. So the

best you'll get from him is a painkiller like a strong tylenol. So bring your

own. My Doc phoned a prescription to the Rite Aid in Hillcrest (San Diego) for

me. It helped a lot.

>

> Regarding traffic and the SD Trolley-- my experience was that once I'd walked

across from the Trolley to the Tijuana area called Constitution, it was no

problem to catch a taxi to Dr. C's office, regardless of the border traffic.

You're not stuck in the same traffic. On the way back the taxi driver won't get

into the border lineup, so you don't get stuck. If I had to do it over again,

I'd take the SD Trolley again and save about $75. (of course, compared to the

couple of thou$and it's going to cost you, it's a drop in the bucket anyway).

>

>

>>

>> Hi guys,

>>

>>

>>

>> Just a couple of things here. I have been to Dr. C. 3 times. Once I took

>> my own medication, a valium because I was nervous. Dr. C. also can give

>> folks something to relax them so it's your choice and it's not a problem to

>> get what you need there. Also I have always paid the $100.00 dollar fee

>> for transportation to and from San Diego, ( $50.00 each way) His office

>> may only be a few minutes from the border but can take up to an hour or two

>> depending on the traffic and border crossing. So taking a Trolly to the

>> border then a taxi could cost just as much anyway. I know money is an

>> issue for many folks, but for me the transportation fee was well worth it.

>> Heck, Dr. C. and Wade picked us up once and took us to the office. I can't

>> say enough good things about them and how well I was treated there.

>>

>>

>>

>> I have had both my butt and face done and am very happy with the results.

>>

>>

>>

>> Just my 2-cents

>>

>>

>>

>> Jeff

>>

>>

>>

>> Freedom Valley

>>

>> 1875 US 250 S

>>

>> New London, OH 44851-0030

>>

>>

>>

>> (419) 929-8100

>>

>> (866) 431-4480 - fax

>>

>> www.FreedomValleyCamping.com

>>

>>

>>

>> Freedom Valley Logo-tag line

>>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Hi Tim, if you go back on these tread all these questions have been already answered, but really the best way is for you to call a doctor there are few and talk about what you need done, taking pictures and sending them to the doctor is customary and will give the doctor a better idea of how much PMMA is needed and how much it costs, as far as travel costs try Expedia or Orbitzor some other travel site of your choice. cost change depending on how far you travel and when you travel or what grade of hotel you choose, but you already know that.God lUck I hope you get good results. From: Tim Pearce <munkybizness37@...> Mark B <markboothan@...> Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 5:00 PM Subject: Re: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

Oh u don't have to go through all thatI was just curiousI've seen some pics on sitesHow much does it cost trip n allTimSent from my iPhoneOn Feb 1, 2012, at 3:26 PM, Mark B <markboothan@...> wrote:LOL no I do not have any pictures but Dr Casavantes and Dr Serra dowrite to them and see if they can either send you a sample or point you to a websitewith before and after picturesmark B From: Tim Pearce <munkybizness37@...> Mark B <markboothan@...> Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:05 PM Subject: Re:

Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

So u got pmma doneCan I see before after pics if u have any?TimSent from my iPhoneOn Feb 1, 2012, at 10:42 AM, Mark B <markboothan@...> wrote:No I did research on butt implants before using pmma so to decide which way to go From: Tim Pearce <munkybizness37@...> Mark B <markboothan@...> Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:11 PM Subject: Re: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

U got a butt implant?Sent from my iPhoneOn Jan 31, 2012, at 12:07 PM, Mark B <markboothan@...> wrote:> For the pain it helped me a lot to do slow and short squats the night following the> butt session, I got the idea after doing research on butt implants.> Basically the butt muscle get irritated by the implantation and contract, that> is what causes the pain.> After butt implant surgery some surgeon require the patient to do squats.> Slowly squatting ( I did this at the hotel> by simply sitting down slowly on the toilette) forces the butt muscle to relax greatly > reducing any discomfort> > Mark B> > Sent from my iPhone> > On Jan 31, 2012, at 12:03 PM, "Jim98122x" <jim98122x@...> wrote:> >> To follow on to what Jeff says about medications-- if you're having your butt done, you should seriously consider bringing your own painkillers. The face-job isn't bad, and isn't uncomfortable after it's done. But the butt-job definitely hurts a good bit for several days. Dr. Casavantes explained to me that drugs like percocet or vicodin are not available by prescription in Mexico. So the best you'll get from him is a painkiller like a strong tylenol. So bring your own. My Doc phoned a prescription to the Rite Aid in Hillcrest (San Diego) for me. It helped a lot.>> >> Regarding traffic and the SD Trolley-- my experience was that once I'd walked across from the Trolley to the Tijuana area called Constitution, it was no problem to catch a taxi to Dr. C's

office, regardless of the border traffic.

You're not stuck in the same traffic. On the way back the taxi driver won't get into the border lineup, so you don't get stuck. If I had to do it over again, I'd take the SD Trolley again and save about $75. (of course, compared to the couple of thou$and it's going to cost you, it's a drop in the bucket anyway).>> >> >>> >>> Hi guys,>>> >>> >>> >>> Just a couple of things here. I have been to Dr. C. 3 times. Once I took>>> my own medication, a valium because I was nervous. Dr. C. also can give>>> folks something to relax them so it's your choice and it's not a problem to>>> get what you need

there. Also I have always

paid the $100.00 dollar fee>>> for transportation to and from San Diego, ( $50.00 each way) His office>>> may only be a few minutes from the border but can take up to an hour or two>>> depending on the traffic and border crossing. So taking a Trolly to the>>> border then a taxi could cost just as much anyway. I know money is an>>> issue for many folks, but for me the transportation fee was well worth it.>>> Heck, Dr. C. and Wade picked us up once and took us to the office. I can't>>> say enough good things about them and how well I was treated there. >>> >>> >>> >>> I have had both my butt and face done and am very happy with the results. >>> >>> >>> >>> Just my 2-cents>>> >>> >>>

>>> Jeff>>> >>> >>> >>> Freedom Valley>>> >>> 1875 US 250 S>>> >>> New London, OH 44851-0030>>> >>> >>> >>> (419) 929-8100>>> >>> (866) 431-4480 - fax>>> >>> www.FreedomValleyCamping.com>>> >>> >>> >>> Freedom Valley Logo-tag line>>> >> >> >> >> >> ------------------------------------>>

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hey Jim, it's me again about Dr. Casavantes. I want to make an appointment and I am having the worst anxiety over the whole thing. My face is looking so horrible. I know it will cost some money but I think I will have a better outlook on life if I could be happy with my appearance. I wish it weren't so. Now I have lost the thread where someone explained the procedure. I take it I have to Skype with Dr. C so he can look at my face? I will be traveling from Atlanta and I read your advice about the trolly .. ha ha and will probably have to read it again. It's all so very frustrating for me. I hope I won't have to make two trips. Oh, to have money. Anyway, if you could run that by me again. Or since I am sending this out to 'all ' if anyone has something to add. I need

someone to hold my hand and guide me through this. From: Jim98122x <jim98122x@...> Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:03 PM Subject: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

To follow on to what Jeff says about medications-- if you're having your butt done, you should seriously consider bringing your own painkillers. The face-job isn't bad, and isn't uncomfortable after it's done. But the butt-job definitely hurts a good bit for several days. Dr. Casavantes explained to me that drugs like percocet or vicodin are not available by prescription in Mexico. So the best you'll get from him is a painkiller like a strong tylenol. So bring your own. My Doc phoned a prescription to the Rite Aid in Hillcrest (San Diego) for me. It helped a lot.

Regarding traffic and the SD Trolley-- my experience was that once I'd walked across from the Trolley to the Tijuana area called Constitution, it was no problem to catch a taxi to Dr. C's office, regardless of the border traffic. You're not stuck in the same traffic. On the way back the taxi driver won't get into the border lineup, so you don't get stuck. If I had to do it over again, I'd take the SD Trolley again and save about $75. (of course, compared to the couple of thou$and it's going to cost you, it's a drop in the bucket anyway).

>

> Hi guys,

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Just my 2-cents

>

>

>

> Jeff

>

>

>

> Freedom Valley

>

> 1875 US 250 S

>

> New London, OH 44851-0030

>

>

>

> (419) 929-8100

>

> (866) 431-4480 - fax

>

> www.FreedomValleyCamping.com

>

>

>

> Freedom Valley Logo-tag line

>

Guest guest

Hey Jim, it's me again about Dr. Casavantes. I want to make an appointment and I am having the worst anxiety over the whole thing. My face is looking so horrible. I know it will cost some money but I think I will have a better outlook on life if I could be happy with my appearance. I wish it weren't so. Now I have lost the thread where someone explained the procedure. I take it I have to Skype with Dr. C so he can look at my face? I will be traveling from Atlanta and I read your advice about the trolly .. ha ha and will probably have to read it again. It's all so very frustrating for me. I hope I won't have to make two trips. Oh, to have money. Anyway, if you could run that by me again. Or since I am sending this out to 'all ' if anyone has something to add. I need

someone to hold my hand and guide me through this. From: Jim98122x <jim98122x@...> Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:03 PM Subject: Re: recent research on PMMA and silicone?t

To follow on to what Jeff says about medications-- if you're having your butt done, you should seriously consider bringing your own painkillers. The face-job isn't bad, and isn't uncomfortable after it's done. But the butt-job definitely hurts a good bit for several days. Dr. Casavantes explained to me that drugs like percocet or vicodin are not available by prescription in Mexico. So the best you'll get from him is a painkiller like a strong tylenol. So bring your own. My Doc phoned a prescription to the Rite Aid in Hillcrest (San Diego) for me. It helped a lot.

Regarding traffic and the SD Trolley-- my experience was that once I'd walked across from the Trolley to the Tijuana area called Constitution, it was no problem to catch a taxi to Dr. C's office, regardless of the border traffic. You're not stuck in the same traffic. On the way back the taxi driver won't get into the border lineup, so you don't get stuck. If I had to do it over again, I'd take the SD Trolley again and save about $75. (of course, compared to the couple of thou$and it's going to cost you, it's a drop in the bucket anyway).

>

> Hi guys,

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Just my 2-cents

>

>

>

> Jeff

>

>

>

> Freedom Valley