RemedySpot.com

Re: MWRP waiver - ABA therapist question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The great news is my daughter (12 years old) finally got a MWRP waiver. We are so excited. The paper work has been crazy but now we finally have the program set up and are ready to start using the funds. We had an individual that was going to set up her home ABA/life skills program. Her life got crazy and she is not going to be able to help.We went to plan B. I have contacted May South and another company like that but I have been told that I can not use that for therapy but I can use it for training and setting the program up. I need to find some therapist to work with us. We have done this in the past and as soon as we got our "therapist" trained, they would leave to make more money because they could claim they were trained. I am looking for 2-3 individuals to work with Alyssa. We live in Buford. The times will be late afternoon/evening and weekends. The hardest thing we have to

work with is her avoidance that she has profected. If she does not want to she will work very hard to "ignore" what ever is being asked. She is a pre-teen and has the emotional roller coaster to go with it. She goes from very upset to laughing in an instant. She only wants to do what she wants to do and not much more. I am sure it is not as bad as I feel it is because she will work for her OT and PT and at school but at home she just does not want to do anything for me. Feel free to pass along my e-mail address to anyone you know who might be interested. Carmen

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Hi Carmen Long, Are you Vietnameses?Carmen Long <houseofsix@...> wrote: The great news is my daughter (12 years old) finally got a MWRP waiver. We are so excited. The paper work has been crazy but now we finally have the program set up and are ready to start using the funds. We had an individual that was going to set up her home ABA/life skills program. Her life got crazy and she is not going to be able to help.We went to plan B. I have contacted May South and another company like

that but I have been told that I can not use that for therapy but I can use it for training and setting the program up. I need to find some therapist to work with us. We have done this in the past and as soon as we got our "therapist" trained, they would leave to make more money because they could claim they were trained. I am looking for 2-3 individuals to work with Alyssa. We live in Buford. The times will be late afternoon/evening and weekends. The hardest thing we have to work with is her avoidance that she has profected. If she does not want to she will work very hard to "ignore" what ever is being asked. She is a pre-teen and has the emotional roller coaster to go with it. She goes from very upset to laughing in an instant. She only wants to do what she wants to do and not much more. I am sure it is not as bad as I feel it is because she will work for her OT and PT and at school but at

home she just does not want to do anything for me. Feel free to pass along my e-mail address to anyone you know who might be interested. Carmen Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

No, I am Caucasian.I am not sure what that has to do with finding therapist but I don't mind answering the question.Have a great day!Carmen do thi tuyet nhung <nhung_69@...> wrote: Hi Carmen Long, Are you Vietnameses?Carmen Long <houseofsix > wrote: The great news is my daughter (12 years old) finally got a MWRP waiver. We are so excited. The paper work has

been crazy but now we finally have the program set up and are ready to start using the funds. We had an individual that was going to set up her home ABA/life skills program. Her life got crazy and she is not going to be able to help.We went to plan B. I have contacted May South and another company like that but I have been told that I can not use that for therapy but I can use it for training and setting the program up. I need to find some therapist to work with us. We have done this in the past and as soon as we got our "therapist" trained, they would leave to make more money because they could claim they were trained. I am looking for 2-3 individuals to work with Alyssa. We live in Buford. The times will be late afternoon/evening and weekends. The hardest thing we have to work with is her avoidance that she has profected. If she does not want to she will work very hard to "ignore" what

ever is being asked. She is a pre-teen and has the emotional roller coaster to go with it. She goes from very upset to laughing in an instant. She only wants to do what she wants to do and not much more. I am sure it is not as bad as I feel it is because she will work for her OT and PT and at school but at home she just does not want to do anything for me. Feel free to pass along my e-mail address to anyone you know who might be interested. Carmen Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.