the HIV assistance porgrams. I have looked through some of the messages on the

topic but I did not come across information on current cost and if the

Assistance programs are still in place. I am waiting to hear from the Sculptra

people about their Access Program, but I also would like to get up to date info

on any other assistance programs that might be available. My dermatologist

wants $500.00 per session.

PRH

Guest guest

where is your dermatolgist located?mine wanted $600 From: <marblesp1@...> Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 8:49 PM Subject: Sculptra

I know that there have been many discussions here about Sculptra, the cost and the HIV assistance porgrams. I have looked through some of the messages on the topic but I did not come across information on current cost and if the Assistance programs are still in place. I am waiting to hear from the Sculptra people about their Access Program, but I also would like to get up to date info on any other assistance programs that might be available. My dermatologist wants $500.00 per session.

PRH

Guest guest

Any doc that charges that much should be called out. Make his name public. They're nothing but greedy bastards. From: M C <macsfla@...> GTNYC <gtnyc@...>; " " < > Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:41 AM Subject: Re: Sculptra

Fort Lauderdale doctor charge $500. Per session . That is major reason I stopped take sculptra even it cover with assistance program.

On Jul 9, 2012 11:51 PM, "GTNYC" <gtnyc@...> wrote:

where is your dermatolgist located?mine wanted $600

Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 8:49 PM Subject: Sculptra

I know that there have been many discussions here about Sculptra, the cost and the HIV assistance porgrams. I have looked through some of the messages on the topic but I did not come across information on current cost and if the Assistance programs are still in place. I am waiting to hear from the Sculptra people about their Access Program, but I also would like to get up to date info on any other assistance programs that might be available. My dermatologist wants $500.00 per session.

PRH

Guest guest

Here is my experience with Sculptra and getting help for my facial lypoatrophy: Before the FDA approved the use of "New Fill / Sculptra", there weren't many options, on which I won't elaborate. I heard of a treatment a dermatologist here in Atlanta was doing, whereby 'she' took vein material from my leg and put it into a blender and emulsified it and then injected it into my face. It seemed like it was going to work, at first, but later on it went away and just left internal scarring from the injections, and one leg with veins, and the other with none. Not at all happy about it, I feel like I was duped and part of my manliness was taken away from me. That procedure cost over $2000. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I started next with the Sculptra injections. The nurse practitioner at my docs office had been through

some training on how to administer Sculptra and so he was doing it for $350 a pop, and I was getting the Sculptra through the patient assistance by the company. I would apply for the Sculptra and then they would ship it to the office, but unfortunately, the nurse practitioner would never let me know if the Sculptra was in or not .. and on my last allotment from the company, he discarded it. Something about the shelf life .. which I think was a bunch of BS. So the Sculptra really didn't last, and it left lumps .. and I still look rather disfigured. I am now trying to see if I can afford to see Dr. Casavantes. I don't know how hard it is to get an appointment, but I have heard he's the one to go to. Which really is a shame that I have to fly all the way to San Diego from Atlanta and cross the border to get treatment. So we're talking round trip airfare, hotel and transportation, and not to mention the cost of the procedure. I am getting use to

having some rather large "indentations" in my face, perhaps it gives me character. I just look kinda haggard and it makes me self conscious. But, you know I have been living with HIV for 25 years and would still like to have a life. So hopefully I will get an appointment soon with Dr.Casavantes ..I hate going alone, but it would cost me too much for a buddy to go with me. From: EddieKsf <eddieksf@...> Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 5:24

PM Subject: Re: Sculptra

and JIm have shamed me into answering..For docs, i use Mark Illeman or Echavez (numbers avail if you can't google/bing them)Last shot from was $300 per vial if you don't do them together ($600 for two, Mark was similar if i remember)

Sorry Jim, but i like sculptra. I've had three series, about 2001, 2005, 2011. Yes it goes away, but i've seen "permanent" which look worse than sculptra, and i've read here about problems with "sagging" and not being able to suck it out... Some of the others are even more expensive.

The patient access program at dermik is really very generous, probably no worse than any other pharma corp in the world. My last two times have been FREE and i don't consider myself poor. The first time was only $400 copay for EACH "kit" of "two vials." I think it still depends on your AGI (adjusted, not gross income, BIG difference)..

It's definitely worth checking with the program, 866-310-7551, MF 9-5 eastern. ___________ Potrero HillSan Francisco

Re: Sculptra,

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:14 am (PDT) . Posted by:" Vergel" nelsonvergel

Here are some old directories, Last time I tried to update them, no one respondedI am getting tired of the lack of response from this list to shareinformation

Re: Sculptra

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:14 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Jim98122x" jim98122x

They were never interested in lipoatrophy patients--this was, and always has been, all about middle-aged women and non-surgical facelifts. If you go down the path of Sculptra, you're wasting your money. It doesn't last, and when they stop the patient assistance program, your wasting will come back.

Guest guest

I had five kits (two vials per kit) of New-Fill (Sculptra's name before it was approved) injected by Dr. Echavez in San Francisco more than ten years ago. I had fairly severe lipoatrophy before the treatments. While Dr. Echavez's before/after photos showed some difference, neither I nor my partner really noticed any significant difference. I did develop nodules, as no one told me to massage the injection sites after injections. When Dr. Echavez suggested I have more New-fill injected, I declined. There are a few possibilities as to why New-Fill/Sculptra didn't work for me. The most likely is that my lipoatrophy was so severe that it would have required more injections/material than I was willing to endure and pay for. It may also be that Dr. Echavez's technique has improved since then, as other list member have obviously benefitted from his work. Or it may be that my body did not respond to New-Fill the way it was supposed to by producing collagen. If I were starting over again today with severe lipoatrophy, I'd probably get PMMA from Casavantes in TJ or Serra in Rio. But all permanent fillers have risks that one can learn about by reading list archives or posing a question to this list. With milder lipoatrophy, Sculptra is definitely worth trying, if you can afford the multiple sessions and periodic touch-ups required. If you happen to live in or near San Francisco, Mark Illeman or Echavez are good options. If not, there are many doctors all over the country trained to inject Sculptra who can probably do a good job as well.Perhaps list members in other parts of the country can respond to 's plea to rate providers of lipoatrophy treatments, as Eddie K from San Francisco has.************************************************************************************Sorry BlueEyes, but i think at least in my experience, you got a bad doc,not that sculptra is bad...ps, Illeman and Echavez are San Francisco___________Potrero HillSan FranciscoOn Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM, JB <blueeyes9455 > wrote:> Here is my experience with Sculptra ... I heard of a treatment a> dermatologist here in Atlanta was doing, whereby 'she' took vein material> from my leg and put it into a blender and emulsified it and then injected> it into my face......Not at all happy about it, I feel like I was duped andSent from my iPad

Guest guest

I had five kits (two vials per kit) of New-Fill (Sculptra's name before it was approved) injected by Dr. Echavez in San Francisco more than ten years ago. I had fairly severe lipoatrophy before the treatments. While Dr. Echavez's before/after photos showed some difference, neither I nor my partner really noticed any significant difference. I did develop nodules, as no one told me to massage the injection sites after injections. When Dr. Echavez suggested I have more New-fill injected, I declined. There are a few possibilities as to why New-Fill/Sculptra didn't work for me. The most likely is that my lipoatrophy was so severe that it would have required more injections/material than I was willing to endure and pay for. It may also be that Dr. Echavez's technique has improved since then, as other list member have obviously benefitted from his work. Or it may be that my body did not respond to New-Fill the way it was supposed to by producing collagen. If I were starting over again today with severe lipoatrophy, I'd probably get PMMA from Casavantes in TJ or Serra in Rio. But all permanent fillers have risks that one can learn about by reading list archives or posing a question to this list. With milder lipoatrophy, Sculptra is definitely worth trying, if you can afford the multiple sessions and periodic touch-ups required. If you happen to live in or near San Francisco, Mark Illeman or Echavez are good options. If not, there are many doctors all over the country trained to inject Sculptra who can probably do a good job as well.Perhaps list members in other parts of the country can respond to 's plea to rate providers of lipoatrophy treatments, as Eddie K from San Francisco has.************************************************************************************Sorry BlueEyes, but i think at least in my experience, you got a bad doc,not that sculptra is bad...ps, Illeman and Echavez are San Francisco___________Potrero HillSan FranciscoOn Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM, JB <blueeyes9455 > wrote:> Here is my experience with Sculptra ... I heard of a treatment a> dermatologist here in Atlanta was doing, whereby 'she' took vein material> from my leg and put it into a blender and emulsified it and then injected> it into my face......Not at all happy about it, I feel like I was duped andSent from my iPad

Guest guest

, I was wondering about this statement in your post: "If I were starting over again today with severe lipoatrophy, I'd probably get PMMA from Casavantes in TJ or Serra in Rio. But all permanent fillers have risks that one can learn about by reading list archives or posing a question to this list.''Is there a list? This is why I have been deliberating about making the trip to TJ. Just how bad can things go wrong with PMMA. Let's be real here. For me, the injections of Sculptra were terribly painful. Even when my nurse practitioner gave me an injection to numb the pain. One session, he just simply let that procedure go, and was injecting with nothing to lessen the pain. I just need to know the worst case scenario with PMMA .. From: R. <johnrsf94114@...> "eddieksf@..." <eddieksf@...>;

" " < > Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:47 AM Subject: Re: Sculptra

I had five kits (two vials per kit) of New-Fill (Sculptra's name before it was approved) injected by Dr. Echavez in San Francisco more than ten years ago. I had fairly severe lipoatrophy before the treatments. While Dr. Echavez's before/after photos showed some difference, neither I nor my partner really noticed any significant difference. I did develop nodules, as no one told me to massage the injection sites after injections. When Dr. Echavez suggested I have more New-fill injected, I declined. There are a few possibilities as to why New-Fill/Sculptra didn't work for me. The most likely is that my lipoatrophy was so severe that it would have required more injections/material than I was willing to endure and pay for. It may also be that Dr. Echavez's technique has improved since then, as other list member have obviously benefitted from his work. Or it may be that my body did not respond to

New-Fill the way it was supposed to by producing collagen. If I were starting over again today with severe lipoatrophy, I'd probably get PMMA from Casavantes in TJ or Serra in Rio. But all permanent fillers have risks that one can learn about by reading list archives or posing a question to this list. With milder lipoatrophy, Sculptra is definitely worth trying, if you can afford the multiple sessions and periodic touch-ups required. If you happen to live in or near San Francisco, Mark Illeman or Echavez are good options. If not, there are many doctors all over the country trained to inject Sculptra who can probably do a good job as well.Perhaps list members in other parts of the country can respond to 's plea to rate providers of lipoatrophy treatments, as Eddie K from San Francisco

has.************************************************************************************Sorry BlueEyes, but i think at least in my experience, you got a bad doc,not that sculptra is bad...ps, Illeman and Echavez are San Francisco___________Potrero HillSan FranciscoOn Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM, JB <blueeyes9455> wrote:> Here is my experience with Sculptra ... I heard of a treatment a> dermatologist here in Atlanta was doing, whereby 'she' took vein material> from my leg and put it into a blender and emulsified it and then injected> it into my face......Not at all happy about it, I feel like I was duped andSent from my iPad