RemedySpot.com

Re: Scientific Studies showing the benefits of acetyl carnitine for People Living With HIV

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Zedakah <nathan.zedakah@...> wrote:

I need the above rather urgently, can anyone help please? Links

would be OK.I ran searches in the Academic Search Premier database using " acetyl " and " carnitine " and " HIV " in both the title and as keywords and found the following:

Ilias, I., Manoli, I, Blackman, M.R., Gold, P.W. & Alesci, S. (2004). l-Carnitine and acetyl-l-carnitine in the treatment of complications associated with HIV infection and antiretroviral therapy. Mitochondrion, 4(2/3), 163-168.

Osio, M. et al. (2006). Acetyl-l-carnitine in the treatment of painful antiretroviral toxic neuropathy in human immunodeficiency virus patients: an open label study. Journal of the Peripheral Nervous System, 11(1) 72-76.

Youle, M. & Osio, M. (2007). A double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, multicentre study of acetyl-l-carnitine in the symptomatic treatment of antiretroviral toxic neuropathy in patients with HIV-1 infection. HIV Medicine, 8(4), 241-250.

Youle, M. (2007). Acetyl-l-carnitine in HIV-associated antiretroviral toxic neuropathy. CNS Drugs, 21(Supplement), 21.Valcour, V. et al. (2009). Acetyl-l-carnitine and nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-associated neuropathy in HIV infection. HIV Medicine, 10(2), 103-110.

You might also see if PubMed produces any articles of interest, because, as I'm sure you've noticed, all of the above papers only discuss ART-related neuropathy, which may not be the topic in which you're interested.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?The subject of acetyl-l-carnitine and HIV has come up on this mailing list on several occasions, so a search of the archives might point you towards other papers of interest.

I hope this helps.Regards,Nick-- Nick , LSW

6631 Clemens Ave., Apt. 1EUniversity City, MO 63130

thenick58@...

http://nicknicholas.net

Guest guest

I appreciate the references since I've been using Acetyl L-Carnitine for years, dependent on anecdotal testimony.

To purchase it, I go to the website of the Buyers' Clubs, particularly the New York Buyers' Club, though the Houston one has also served me well in the past.

ROBERT of New Orleans

--- En date de : Mer, 7.3.12, Nick <thenick58@...> a écrit :

De : Nick <thenick58@...>Objet : Re: Scientific Studies showing the benefits of acetyl carnitine for People Living With HIVÀ : "Pozhealth" < >Date: mercredi 7 mars 2012 14 h 08

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Zedakah <nathan.zedakah@...> wrote:

I need the above rather urgently, can anyone help please? Links would be OK.I ran searches in the Academic Search Premier database using "acetyl" and "carnitine" and "HIV" in both the title and as keywords and found the following:Ilias, I., Manoli, I, Blackman, M.R., Gold, P.W. & Alesci, S. (2004). l-Carnitine and acetyl-l-carnitine in the treatment of complications associated with HIV infection and antiretroviral therapy. Mitochondrion, 4(2/3), 163-168.Osio, M. et al. (2006). Acetyl-l-carnitine in the treatment of painful antiretroviral toxic neuropathy in human immunodeficiency virus patients: an open label study. Journal of the Peripheral Nervous System, 11(1) 72-76.Youle, M. & Osio, M. (2007). A double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, multicentre study of

acetyl-l-carnitine in the symptomatic treatment of antiretroviral toxic neuropathy in patients with HIV-1 infection. HIV Medicine, 8(4), 241-250.Youle, M. (2007). Acetyl-l-carnitine in HIV-associated antiretroviral toxic neuropathy. CNS Drugs, 21(Supplement), 21.Valcour, V. et al. (2009). Acetyl-l-carnitine and nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-associated neuropathy in HIV infection. HIV Medicine, 10(2), 103-110.You might also see if PubMed produces any articles of interest, because, as I'm sure you've noticed, all of the above papers only discuss ART-related neuropathy, which may not be the topic in which you're interested.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?The subject of acetyl-l-carnitine and HIV has come up on this mailing list on several occasions, so a search of the archives might point you towards other

papers of interest.I hope this helps.Regards,Nick-- Nick , LSW6631 Clemens Ave., Apt. 1EUniversity City, MO 63130thenick58@...http://nicknicholas.net