RemedySpot.com

Re: Scientific Studies showing the benefits of acetyl carnitine for People Living With HIV

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Zedakah <nathan.zedakah@...> wrote:

I need the above rather urgently, can anyone help please? Links

would be OK.I ran searches in the Academic Search Premier database using " acetyl " and " carnitine " and " HIV " in both the title and as keywords and found the following:

Ilias, I., Manoli, I, Blackman, M.R., Gold, P.W. & Alesci, S. (2004). l-Carnitine and acetyl-l-carnitine in the treatment of complications associated with HIV infection and antiretroviral therapy. Mitochondrion, 4(2/3), 163-168.

Osio, M. et al. (2006). Acetyl-l-carnitine in the treatment of painful antiretroviral toxic neuropathy in human immunodeficiency virus patients: an open label study. Journal of the Peripheral Nervous System, 11(1) 72-76.

Youle, M. & Osio, M. (2007). A double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, multicentre study of acetyl-l-carnitine in the symptomatic treatment of antiretroviral toxic neuropathy in patients with HIV-1 infection. HIV Medicine, 8(4), 241-250.

Youle, M. (2007). Acetyl-l-carnitine in HIV-associated antiretroviral toxic neuropathy. CNS Drugs, 21(Supplement), 21.Valcour, V. et al. (2009). Acetyl-l-carnitine and nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-associated neuropathy in HIV infection. HIV Medicine, 10(2), 103-110.

You might also see if PubMed produces any articles of interest, because, as I'm sure you've noticed, all of the above papers only discuss ART-related neuropathy, which may not be the topic in which you're interested.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?The subject of acetyl-l-carnitine and HIV has come up on this mailing list on several occasions, so a search of the archives might point you towards other papers of interest.

I hope this helps.Regards,Nick-- Nick , LSW

6631 Clemens Ave., Apt. 1EUniversity City, MO 63130

thenick58@...

http://nicknicholas.net