RemedySpot.com

Re: Surviving & Setting goals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In reference to the post about setting goals for a future that, I for one, thought would never happen, I have to say that this has been on my mind lately. I keep thinking that congress is going to cut White funding and we'll all get kicked off of social security / disability and I need to get prepared for that day. I try to decide exactly what interests me and there isn't much there. The options are many, like going back to school, but then who will want to hire an HIV positive person, especially one in his 50's. For small businesses, hiring an HIV+ person would send any company insurance rates through the roof, so I imagine we'll get passed over for that reason. Plus, even healthy people my age who have been out of the work force for many

years have difficulty finding work, so in my mind, that leaves being self employed or starting my own business. There I can think of an option or two, but I would not know where to begin opening up my own business . . . so do we all get degrees in small business administration? But you know, all of that aside, secretly I wonder where is our ticker tape parade for surviving something that so many did not. I have no delusions that such an event is even in the planning stages, but for those of us who have been on this roller coaster ride for 25 or 30 years, its kind of a scarey time! I think back to the beginning of this pandemic and remember that we got by with help, love and support from our "family" and I suppose the same will be true in days to come to get our lives back on some track and able to support ourselves in a manner to which we've become accustomed. I know that I cant be the only one

thinking these thoughts, so I am curious as to what the rest of you survivors are doing and planning for your future, and just your thoughts on this subject. For now I'm going to get back to making confetti for my own parade! 8^)

Have a great day!

Joe