RemedySpot.com

Re: The Lemming Compulsion, or How People With Neuropathy and HIV...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Now that is just a plain full load of bullshit in a Conestoga wagon. Who is this stupid asshole that probably does not know a damn thing about neuropathy claiming we do all this shit. Hell when you have neuropathy you can't even think straight or gay or crooked. Mine was so bad I could not walk,it hurt so bad it took me 30 minutes every morning just to start walking, the numbness in my legs hurt so much I literally scratched my legs until they bled and had scabs on them to try to get relief from the itchiness and pain. It felt better to rip open my flesh to try to remove the pain that my brain thought it was ok for me to do it. I could not stop even when I saw blood and flesh on my nails. I find it more than a little insulting for him to think that since we have it we either "drink to oblivion,gamble to the max,eat too many twinkies or in my case chocolate cake,smoke too much,have illicit sex for comfort or use my pain meds as a crutch and I take no drug holidays I am 100 percent compliant I have been for over 21 years I take over 17 different meds every day some 2 x a day.

I do not drink(23 yrs sober),smoke(15+ clean),gamble(who has the money? I don't I can't live the lavish gambling life on 697.00 per month disability), I love sugar so chocolate cake is my choice. Over eat or indulge in foods? not hardly I just threw out half of a chocolate bundt cake(thank you food stamps 200 a month) and as for sex I have had sex one time in the last year(its too much work I am tired from caring for my partner). Blew that theory all to hell(Yo buddy got a extra grand a month you can send me would love to gamble but need to pay rent will use your extra grand to go and get a gambling habit) .

Its been a long trip and each time I got knocked down I got my little brown ass up dusted it off and kept on walking. I was in severe pain for 2 years with only oxycodone as my pain med 5 mg prn when I hit 45 mg per dose I went to 15 mg of morphine x 3 now I am up to 45 morphine x3 and oxycodone 15 mg x 4 daily and I have never even thought of using street drugs. I can get medical marijuana if I want it but I don't. Some of us living with HIV/AIDS do have a backbone and we even have scruples. Rare isn't it

FRANK

When a person is in severe pain they DO want to escape it if its real. I mean with me I had a loaded gun ready to use(a snub nose 38 special). Neuropathy pain is no walk in the park so morphine and oxycodone keep me "walking" I no longer exist I have a life and I find that article insulting to say the least. Do not assume you walk in my shoes until you go in and get cortisone shots in both hips (severe arthritis) every 3 month and feel just that pain. The injections alone can put you in bed for 3 days if you don't have the fortitude to keep on going no matter how bad you hurt. Again your picture you painted is not me but then its probably you..................................................