RemedySpot.com

Natural Support Waiver

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Congratulations on receiving your Natural Supports Waiver. I credit ours with saving the sanity of my wife and I. It allowed us to be able to continue our son's ABA therapy as long as we want. In our case we have an ABA consultant who designs our son's program and we hire college students (mostly psychology majors) to serve as his therapists. We pay them after each session and are reimbursed on a weekly basis by the Cobb Community Service Board. Our son no longer needs diapers as he is now potty trained but we used to turn in receipts for the purchases and were reimbursed for those. We have never used respite as we put most everything toward ABA. I am very glad your daughter was awarded the waiver. I can still remember my excitement when I opened the mail box and got that letter. It really gave us some hope for our son's future and also helped lift a tremendous financial burden from our shoulders. Meyerwheelertrio2002 <wheelertrio2002@...> wrote: I know a few weeks ago we had quite a few posts regarding the natural support waiver. I read them but didn't pay that much attention as I believed this was way in the future for my daughter. Much to my surprise, I got an email Thursday afternoon that my daughter was awarded the waiver! Yippee! I understand the types of services it will cover but still unsure how you use the money. We plan on using it for her home ABA program mainly. Do I pay the provider and then get reimbursed or do they use invoices that are sent to the Regional Board? How do you purchase things like diapers/respite? Thanks for any information you can give me.

It's here! Your new message!Get

new email alerts with the free Toolbar.

Guest guest

We applied for Medicaid for our son because we were going to try to go for the Beckett Waiver...and apparently this is one of the steps... We received a letter telling us he is eligible for Medicaid, but is not entitled to Medicaid because of our income.

My question, could we still get the Natural Supports Waiver? I called the region 3 office (we live in Mareitta) and they told me he'd have to be on Medicaid to get this, but I've also heard that he doesn’t have to be on Medicaid. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks,

Re: Natural Support Waiver

Congratulations on receiving your Natural Supports Waiver. I credit ours with saving the sanity of my wife and I. It allowed us to be able to continue our son's ABA therapy as long as we want. In our case we have an ABA consultant who designs our son's program and we hire college students (mostly psychology majors) to serve as his therapists. We pay them after each session and are reimbursed on a weekly basis by the Cobb Community Service Board. Our son no longer needs diapers as he is now potty trained but we used to turn in receipts for the purchases and were reimbursed for those. We have never used respite as we put most everything toward ABA. I am very glad your daughter was awarded the waiver. I can still remember my excitement when I opened the mail box and got that letter. It really gave us some hope for our son's future and also helped lift a tremendous financial burden from our shoulders.

Meyerwheelertrio2002 <wheelertrio2002 > wrote:

I know a few weeks ago we had quite a few posts regarding the natural support waiver. I read them but didn't pay that much attention as I believed this was way in the future for my daughter. Much to my surprise, I got an email Thursday afternoon that my daughter was awarded the waiver! Yippee! I understand the types of services it will cover but still unsure how you use the money. We plan on using it for her home ABA program mainly. Do I pay the provider and then get reimbursed or do they use invoices that are sent to the Regional Board? How do you purchase things like diapers/respite? Thanks for any information you can give me.

It's here! Your new message!Get new email alerts with the free Toolbar.

Guest guest

I don't know about the natural support waiver, other than I've always been told you have to have medicaid to qualify for the support waivers, but I am puzzled as to why you were denied medicaid for your income if you applied for TEFRA/ Beckett/deeming waiver, as your income should not have been a factor in the decision, only your child's medical condition and needs--that is the whole point of it being a deeming waiver--they don't deem your income to belong to the child. You have to go through the adult medicaid office in your county to file TEFRA/KB/deeming waiver, not the regular sit-in-chairs-and-wait-forever office.

Beasley Home Interiors & Gifts 770-603-0325 www.homeinteriors.com Home Interiors also offers fundraising with a 50% profit for the group holding the fundraiser. For more information, see fundraising on the website or contact me at (770) 603-0325 for a fundraising package.

From: " Mills" <laura_l_mills@...>Reply-autism To: <autism >Subject: Re: Natural Support WaiverDate: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:20:29 -0400

We applied for Medicaid for our son because we were going to try to go for the Beckett Waiver...and apparently this is one of the steps... We received a letter telling us he is eligible for Medicaid, but is not entitled to Medicaid because of our income.

My question, could we still get the Natural Supports Waiver? I called the region 3 office (we live in Mareitta) and they told me he'd have to be on Medicaid to get this, but I've also heard that he doesn’t have to be on Medicaid. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks,

Re: Natural Support Waiver

Congratulations on receiving your Natural Supports Waiver. I credit ours with saving the sanity of my wife and I. It allowed us to be able to continue our son's ABA therapy as long as we want. In our case we have an ABA consultant who designs our son's program and we hire college students (mostly psychology majors) to serve as his therapists. We pay them after each session and are reimbursed on a weekly basis by the Cobb Community Service Board. Our son no longer needs diapers as he is now potty trained but we used to turn in receipts for the purchases and were reimbursed for those. We have never used respite as we put most everything toward ABA. I am very glad your daughter was awarded the waiver. I can still remember my excitement when I opened the mail box and got that letter. It really gave us some hope for our son's future and also helped lift a tremendous financial burden from our shoulders.

Meyerwheelertrio2002 <wheelertrio2002 > wrote:

I know a few weeks ago we had quite a few posts regarding the natural support waiver. I read them but didn't pay that much attention as I believed this was way in the future for my daughter. Much to my surprise, I got an email Thursday afternoon that my daughter was awarded the waiver! Yippee! I understand the types of services it will cover but still unsure how you use the money. We plan on using it for her home ABA program mainly. Do I pay the provider and then get reimbursed or do they use invoices that are sent to the Regional Board? How do you purchase things like diapers/respite? Thanks for any information you can give me.

It's here! Your new message!Get new email alerts with the free Toolbar.

Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You’ll love Windows Live Hotmail.

Guest guest

The Beckett waiver gives Medicaid to children whose families make over the limit for other ways to get Medicaid. In order to get a Natural Support Enhancement waiver you have to have Medicaid (by whatever means). Contact the Regional Board in your area (I believe Woodstock is still Metro Region 3. There is an applicaiton for services. Applicants must have a developmental disability. After the applicaiton you will be contacted and a mini intake will occur. Afterwards, if your child qualifies they go on the planning list (either long term or short term). Short term means you need services within 6 months (the one you want to be on if you want a Natural Support waiver). Once on the short term list you will get a coordinator. Different counties use different agencies. Fulton has Creative Consulting and we got an incredible coordinator. He or she then advocates for you child with the Regional

Board. The other key ingredient is for you to also advocate with the board. I made public comment at a board meeting last month and followed up with an email. I feel sure this is why we got a waiver when we did. I am very surprised that we got it already (took about 2 years). I do believe it is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease!

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with FareChase.

• 8 months later...

Hi, My son just got the Natural Support Waiver and I'm very confuse on what the waiver cover. Does any one know a site with a list of things that would be cover by this waiver. Thanks, Simon, "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." ~Dalai Lama

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.