RemedySpot.com

Sustainable Peace workshop at the UN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Friends, I am a TA for a workshop being offered Aug. 22-24th at the UN called, “Designing and

Implementing Interventions to Reverse and Revision Climate Change and Create a Sustainable Peace. Connecting Climate Change, Peace, Human Rights and Universal Values.” This workshop is taught by Virginia Swain the founder and director of The Institute for Global Leadership and The Association of World Citizens organization. This is an NGO that focuses on creating empowering solutions for community and the individual for a new paradigm towards world peace. http://www.global-leader.org This workshop is held at the UN Plaza in NYC and is a very powerful way to connect with and manifest your ideas for a true and lasting peace in a place where the world comes together. A few months ago I took this workshop and was profoundly moved and inspired by my experience. I hope you’ll consider joining me. If you have any questions and are interested in the class please contact me

at; annette@... or go to http://www.global-leader.org Peace, light and love, Annette ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Institute for Global Leadership and The Association of World Citizens Cordially invite you to attend the course “Designing and Implementing Interventions to

Reverse and Revision Climate Change and Create a Sustainable Peace. Connecting Climate Change, Peace, Human Rights and Universal Values.” A Course of the Reflective Leadership Certificate Program http://www.global-leader.org This course is for people who are searching for a new way to address a sustainable peace through the door of the climate change crisis. We believe, along with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon, that climate change has implications for peace and security. How can we address ecological balance while keeping peace, human rights, gender parity, global ethics and universal values in mind? How do we begin to build

trust between peoples to address the needs of the earth? When: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, August 22, 23, 24, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Where: 777 United Nations Plaza,

New York City, NY Tuition: $595 with $25 materials fee; Registration: RSVP July 30 with $95. Balance August 10. Who: Virginia

Swain, Director and Course Instructor, Institute for Global Leadership, 508-245-6843 (cell) Teaching Assistants: Britton. Ed.D., 732-947-6110 or Annette Farrington, Artist and Musician annette@... What You Will Learn: Competencies for the practice of global citizenship as one of three levels of citizenshipHow to use Dr. Elise Boulding’s Imaging Process to motivate present behavior to reverse and revision climate change for a sustainable peace from the perspective of the Reflective Leader.How to use historicizing process and apply it to your environmental concerns. http://www.global-leader.org/gl_mindanao.htmHow to build a learning community with a conflict transformation mechanism to reconcile differences without alienating one another.Empowering tools to affirm your intent and unique experience and gifts to address this crisis.Incorporating reflection in your process in the UN Dag Hammarskjold Meditation Room. About a Global Mediation and Reconciliation Service, developed by Virginia Swain and dedicated to the International Decade of Peace and non violence of the Children of the World (2001-2010) Send payment to The Institute for Global Leadership, 32 Hill Top

Circle Worcester, MA 01609. Visa and MasterCard accepted at 508-245-6843.