RemedySpot.com

The Value of being Overweight By Jelaila Starr

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The Value of being Overweight

So what is the value of being overweight? That was a question for which I only recently found the answer. Like so many of you, I have struggled to see my body as beautiful. I only recently stopped cringing when those bathing suit magazines come in the mail showing men and women with their firm, shapely smooth bodies. I finally let go of the need to scan the pages in search of cottage cheese thighs as a way to make myself feel better. But still, every time I look in the mirror and see the mounds of fat that have accumulated around my ankles, elbows, knees, hips and in front of my abdomen, I have to consciously remember the value of this protective padding.

I don't completely love my love handles and dimpled bottom yet. And I have numerous lapses into negative judgment that leave me feeling totally depressed and worthless. Yet even with the lack of complete love and lapses into judgment and depression, I still know how to see the value in them, thereby restoring my sense of personal value and self-worth. That process is what I want to share with you.

Step 1: Accept my inner child's/Ego's (I refer to the inner child as the Ego) right to physical and emotional protection.

As I look in the mirror at myself, I consciously remind myself that my inner child put this padding on my body because it could not trust me, the Self, to protect it by holding my personal boundaries and then creating agreements to hold those boundaries. I have learned that personal boundaries protect the inner child, and agreements make it possible to hold personal boundaries. Once I understood this I was able to see a purpose for the fat.

Step 2: Find the purpose for the fat.

Just like we put on clothes to protect us, our inner child will put extra fat on the body to protect itself. Fat is the same as clothing to the inner child. The more frightened, vulnerable and distrusting of us it feels, the more fat (clothes) it puts on. So what I am saying here is that when our inner child cannot trust us to protect it, that child will find a way to protect itself and that way is by putting on fat.

Step 3: Find the value of the fat.

You have heard me many times say that everything has a value, but when it came to being overweight, that value eluded me for a long time. It wasn't enough to stand in front of the mirror naked and say to my body, "I love you, you are beautiful", because I could never really believe what I was saying. In fact, I was down right lying to myself. I no more loved my lumps than the man in the moon. If I were truly honest with myself, I would say that seeing those mounds of dimply flesh revolted me. Only by finding the value and purpose of my extra pounds can I truly honor it and respect its right to exist on my body, and my body is "our body."

So the value of the fat was the protection that it gave my inner child, and it is the least harmful way to gain that protection. I knew that she had many options to choose from and by choosing the fat, she chose the least harmful one. My Ego could have chosen muscular dystrophy or fragmented herself into multiple personalities, but instead, she chose the least harmful way to protect herself. And personally, I would rather deal with fat than multiple personalities or a disease that stops me from being free and active.

There is another piece to this process, which has to do with the Soul, the Ego, and me, the Self. That piece is knowing that each time I don't hold a boundary, my inner child gets wounded. I liken it to her being stabbed in the heart with a knife. The wound, of course, is an emotional wound. They say that words don't hurt, but that is not true, they are more deadly than physical wounds, leaving scars and pain we carry for a lifetime. Back to the wounding of the inner child, guess who is holding the knife the majority of the time? I am! Each time I don't hold a boundary, don't speak my truth, don't express my emotions, I am driving that dagger into the heart of my inner child. No wonder she has put this padding on.

Step 4: Make agreements around the extra fat.

So now that I understand this, what have I done about it? How have I handled it? Well, for starters I have entered into an agreement with my Ego. This agreement states that I will accept and allow her to keep the fat on our body until she feels safe enough to release it. I understand that for her to feel safe she must be able to trust me to hold my personal boundaries to protect us. I agree that I will need to earn this trust through my actions. I do not ask her just to take my word on this. I agree to earn this trust through holding my boundaries when boundary violations occur. This means speaking my truth in the moment, confronting and openly expressing my emotions.

In return, she has agreed to release the protective fat from our body as she trusts and feels safe enough to do so. It is understood that this will be a gradual process and not all at once. So there is no expectation on my part of waking up one morning and seeing the fat all gone at once.

I also agree that each time I get into feeling negative about the fat, that I will consciously reaffirm my agreement with her to keep the fat until she no longer needs it.

So there you have it, the value of being overweight. The value lies in the inner child's ability to make his/herself feel safe. It is your inner child's or Ego's way of protecting your physical vehicle, and it will come off once you can hold your boundaries in the areas where your inner child still feels unprotected, exposed and vulnerable. Remember that the Ego or inner child's purpose for existing is to protect your physical vehicle and keep you in the body, so that you may continue your incarnation and achieve the spiritual growth that the other part of you, your Soul, desires. After all, isn't that why you are here?

Jelaila Starr,The Nibiruan Councilwww.NibiruanCouncil.com

Guest guest

Liane,

Thank you so much for this. I read every word and it holds true for me as well. I never looked at it that way before. So, now I understand better what it's purpose is. THANK YOU!

Love and Blessings!

Domestic Violence is a Crime! Be silent NO more! Be safe & Blessed! ~A~

----- Original Message ----From: lianeqrz_legey <butterflygris@...> Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 12:17:07 AMSubject: [] The Value of being Overweight By Jelaila Starr

The Value of being Overweight

So what is the value of being overweight? That was a question for which I only recently found the answer. Like so many of you, I have struggled to see my body as beautiful. I only recently stopped cringing when those bathing suit magazines come in the mail showing men and women with their firm, shapely smooth bodies. I finally let go of the need to scan the pages in search of cottage cheese thighs as a way to make myself feel better. But still, every time I look in the mirror and see the mounds of fat that have accumulated around my ankles, elbows, knees, hips and in front of my abdomen, I have to consciously remember the value of this protective padding.

I don't completely love my love handles and dimpled bottom yet. And I have numerous lapses into negative judgment that leave me feeling totally depressed and worthless. Yet even with the lack of complete love and lapses into judgment and depression, I still know how to see the value in them, thereby restoring my sense of personal value and self-worth. That process is what I want to share with you.

Step 1: Accept my inner child's/Ego' s (I refer to the inner child as the Ego) right to physical and emotional protection.

As I look in the mirror at myself, I consciously remind myself that my inner child put this padding on my body because it could not trust me, the Self, to protect it by holding my personal boundaries and then creating agreements to hold those boundaries. I have learned that personal boundaries protect the inner child, and agreements make it possible to hold personal boundaries. Once I understood this I was able to see a purpose for the fat.

Step 2: Find the purpose for the fat.

Just like we put on clothes to protect us, our inner child will put extra fat on the body to protect itself. Fat is the same as clothing to the inner child. The more frightened, vulnerable and distrusting of us it feels, the more fat (clothes) it puts on. So what I am saying here is that when our inner child cannot trust us to protect it, that child will find a way to protect itself and that way is by putting on fat.

Step 3: Find the value of the fat.

You have heard me many times say that everything has a value, but when it came to being overweight, that value eluded me for a long time. It wasn't enough to stand in front of the mirror naked and say to my body, "I love you, you are beautiful", because I could never really believe what I was saying. In fact, I was down right lying to myself. I no more loved my lumps than the man in the moon. If I were truly honest with myself, I would say that seeing those mounds of dimply flesh revolted me. Only by finding the value and purpose of my extra pounds can I truly honor it and respect its right to exist on my body, and my body is "our body."

So the value of the fat was the protection that it gave my inner child, and it is the least harmful way to gain that protection. I knew that she had many options to choose from and by choosing the fat, she chose the least harmful one. My Ego could have chosen muscular dystrophy or fragmented herself into multiple personalities, but instead, she chose the least harmful way to protect herself. And personally, I would rather deal with fat than multiple personalities or a disease that stops me from being free and active.

There is another piece to this process, which has to do with the Soul, the Ego, and me, the Self. That piece is knowing that each time I don't hold a boundary, my inner child gets wounded. I liken it to her being stabbed in the heart with a knife. The wound, of course, is an emotional wound. They say that words don't hurt, but that is not true, they are more deadly than physical wounds, leaving scars and pain we carry for a lifetime. Back to the wounding of the inner child, guess who is holding the knife the majority of the time? I am! Each time I don't hold a boundary, don't speak my truth, don't express my emotions, I am driving that dagger into the heart of my inner child. No wonder she has put this padding on.

Step 4: Make agreements around the extra fat.

So now that I understand this, what have I done about it? How have I handled it? Well, for starters I have entered into an agreement with my Ego. This agreement states that I will accept and allow her to keep the fat on our body until she feels safe enough to release it. I understand that for her to feel safe she must be able to trust me to hold my personal boundaries to protect us. I agree that I will need to earn this trust through my actions. I do not ask her just to take my word on this. I agree to earn this trust through holding my boundaries when boundary violations occur. This means speaking my truth in the moment, confronting and openly expressing my emotions.

In return, she has agreed to release the protective fat from our body as she trusts and feels safe enough to do so. It is understood that this will be a gradual process and not all at once. So there is no expectation on my part of waking up one morning and seeing the fat all gone at once.

I also agree that each time I get into feeling negative about the fat, that I will consciously reaffirm my agreement with her to keep the fat until she no longer needs it.

So there you have it, the value of being overweight. The value lies in the inner child's ability to make his/herself feel safe. It is your inner child's or Ego's way of protecting your physical vehicle, and it will come off once you can hold your boundaries in the areas where your inner child still feels unprotected, exposed and vulnerable. Remember that the Ego or inner child's purpose for existing is to protect your physical vehicle and keep you in the body, so that you may continue your incarnation and achieve the spiritual growth that the other part of you, your Soul, desires. After all, isn't that why you are here?

Jelaila Starr,The Nibiruan Councilwww.NibiruanCouncil .com

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV.

Guest guest

Thanks for this Liane, I understood and took in every word.

Thank you

x

>

> [Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket]

> <http://photobucket.com>

>

>

> The Value of being Overweight

>

> So what is the value of being overweight? That was a question for which

> I only recently found the answer. Like so many of you, I have struggled

> to see my body as beautiful. I only recently stopped cringing when those

> bathing suit magazines come in the mail showing men and women with their

> firm, shapely smooth bodies. I finally let go of the need to scan the

> pages in search of cottage cheese thighs as a way to make myself feel

> better. But still, every time I look in the mirror and see the mounds

> of fat that have accumulated around my ankles, elbows, knees, hips and

> in front of my abdomen, I have to consciously remember the value of this

> protective padding.

>

> I don't completely love my love handles and dimpled bottom yet. And I

> have numerous lapses into negative judgment that leave me feeling

> totally depressed and worthless. Yet even with the lack of complete love

> and lapses into judgment and depression, I still know how to see the

> value in them, thereby restoring my sense of personal value and

> self-worth. That process is what I want to share with you.

>

> Step 1: Accept my inner child's/Ego's (I refer to the inner

> child as the Ego) right to physical and emotional protection.

>

> As I look in the mirror at myself, I consciously remind myself that my

> inner child put this padding on my body because it could not trust me,

> the Self, to protect it by holding my personal boundaries and then

> creating agreements to hold those boundaries. I have learned that

> personal boundaries protect the inner child, and agreements make it

> possible to hold personal boundaries. Once I understood this I was able

> to see a purpose for the fat.

>

> Step 2: Find the purpose for the fat.

>

> Just like we put on clothes to protect us, our inner child will put

> extra fat on the body to protect itself. Fat is the same as clothing to

> the inner child. The more frightened, vulnerable and distrusting of us

> it feels, the more fat (clothes) it puts on. So what I am saying here is

> that when our inner child cannot trust us to protect it, that child will

> find a way to protect itself and that way is by putting on fat.

>

> Step 3: Find the value of the fat.

>

> You have heard me many times say that everything has a value, but when

> it came to being overweight, that value eluded me for a long time. It

> wasn't enough to stand in front of the mirror naked and say to my body,

> " I love you, you are beautiful " , because I could never really believe

> what I was saying. In fact, I was down right lying to myself. I no more

> loved my lumps than the man in the moon. If I were truly honest with

> myself, I would say that seeing those mounds of dimply flesh revolted

> me. Only by finding the value and purpose of my extra pounds can I

> truly honor it and respect its right to exist on my body, and my body is

> " our body. "

>

> So the value of the fat was the protection that it gave my inner child,

> and it is the least harmful way to gain that protection. I knew that she

> had many options to choose from and by choosing the fat, she chose the

> least harmful one. My Ego could have chosen muscular dystrophy or

> fragmented herself into multiple personalities, but instead, she chose

> the least harmful way to protect herself. And personally, I would

> rather deal with fat than multiple personalities or a disease that stops

> me from being free and active.

>

> There is another piece to this process, which has to do with the Soul,

> the Ego, and me, the Self. That piece is knowing that each time I don't

> hold a boundary, my inner child gets wounded. I liken it to her being

> stabbed in the heart with a knife. The wound, of course, is an emotional

> wound. They say that words don't hurt, but that is not true, they are

> more deadly than physical wounds, leaving scars and pain we carry for a

> lifetime. Back to the wounding of the inner child, guess who is holding

> the knife the majority of the time? I am! Each time I don't hold a

> boundary, don't speak my truth, don't express my emotions, I am driving

> that dagger into the heart of my inner child. No wonder she has put

> this padding on.

>

> Step 4: Make agreements around the extra fat.

>

> So now that I understand this, what have I done about it? How have I

> handled it? Well, for starters I have entered into an agreement with my

> Ego. This agreement states that I will accept and allow her to keep the

> fat on our body until she feels safe enough to release it. I understand

> that for her to feel safe she must be able to trust me to hold my

> personal boundaries to protect us. I agree that I will need to earn

> this trust through my actions. I do not ask her just to take my word on

> this. I agree to earn this trust through holding my boundaries when

> boundary violations occur. This means speaking my truth in the moment,

> confronting and openly expressing my emotions.

>

> In return, she has agreed to release the protective fat from our body as

> she trusts and feels safe enough to do so. It is understood that this

> will be a gradual process and not all at once. So there is no

> expectation on my part of waking up one morning and seeing the fat all

> gone at once.

>

> I also agree that each time I get into feeling negative about the fat,

> that I will consciously reaffirm my agreement with her to keep the fat

> until she no longer needs it.

>

> So there you have it, the value of being overweight. The value lies in

> the inner child's ability to make his/herself feel safe. It is your

> inner child's or Ego's way of protecting your physical vehicle, and it

> will come off once you can hold your boundaries in the areas where your

> inner child still feels unprotected, exposed and vulnerable. Remember

> that the Ego or inner child's purpose for existing is to protect your

> physical vehicle and keep you in the body, so that you may continue your

> incarnation and achieve the spiritual growth that the other part of you,

> your Soul, desires. After all, isn't that why you are here?

>

> Jelaila Starr,

> The Nibiruan Council

> www.NibiruanCouncil.com <http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/>

>

Guest guest

I am 73 years old -- an age at which the average woman has achieved a

magical kind of invisibility in the world. Heads aren't turned by the

sight of breeze blowing your lucious long hair, anymore. You are not

the object of some misguided schmuck's runaway hormones. You do not

attract phoney romantic love.

Still, the body carries it's accumulated armor! In my case, 230 lbs

of soft, shimmering protection. Nobody's going to take my heart,

enamored at the sight of THIS, no matter how well I dress it, how

lovely a set my hair took, or how tastefully I may have applied my

makeup and perfume.

Like Jelailia, I cannot look in a full-length mirror, naked and

say, " Good enough! " much less, " It's beautiful. " What I do is look a

myself, standing there, and because I know myself, I CAN say, I AM

BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE AND CARE ABOUT ME.

I keep thinking, if I can do that, some swell old guy ought to be

able to look at my self in all it's silly wrapping and say, " Ev --

you're beautiful and I love and care about you. "

It hasn't happened. The armor is too sociallly unacceptable, although

a greater portion of humanity than ever in my lifetime, is toting

around this kind of baggage. I don't stand out in a crowd for being

fat, as I did -- the only kid in school wearing " Chubette " brand

dresses.

Life allowed me to be thin enough to walk thru the doors of physical

acceptability a variety of times in my life. At my best, there was a

so-called " spiritual-minded " man, shaking his finger in my face,

telling me I was " almost perfect " but not good enough. I had to do

something about my hips, he said. I shook my finger in his face and

said, " This is as good as I gets! I don't have to be perfect for me,

and I most certainly don't have to be perfect for you! "

Four years early, a Mr. Gorgeous dumped me for a sexy voice on the

telephone who told him she was the Breck model of the year. He had

placed his hands on my arms and looked deeply into my eyes with his

baby blues, and softly purred, " Face it, Evy. She has it all over

you. "

I am SOOOOOOOO grateful he showed me his values in the brutal way

that he did. I hadn't realized I'd been given his affections as a

reward for being " almost American Model " quality! I felt so sorry for

the award-winners after that. Poor babies!!!!!

I been fat and I been thin. Think felt better, moved better, was

easier to dress because more things fit -- and because more things

fit, it was easier to get a job! Do I hate my fat? Well, I loved my

mother and she was burdened with the same appearance, and I felt for

her -- as I feel for me -- and anyone whose size is near mine or

greater.

I do not, however, carry it as an inditement against my own

imperfection. I carry it as a deep anger against helplessness and

hopelessness, and a deep wish to flush out of those crowds someone

who can look at what a beautiful person I am WHILE touching my cream

cheese!

>

>

>

>

> So what is the value of being overweight? That was a question for

which

> I only recently found the answer. Like so many of you, I have

struggled

> to see my body as beautiful. I only recently stopped cringing when

those

> bathing suit magazines come in the mail showing men and women with

their

> firm, shapely smooth bodies. I finally let go of the need to scan

the

> pages in search of cottage cheese thighs as a way to make myself

feel

> better. But still, every time I look in the mirror and see the

mounds

> of fat that have accumulated around my ankles, elbows, knees, hips

and

> in front of my abdomen, I have to consciously remember the value of

this

> protective padding.

>

> I don't completely love my love handles and dimpled bottom yet.

And I

> totally depressed and worthless. Yet even with the lack of complete

love

>

>

> As I look in the mirror at myself, I consciously remind myself that

my

> inner child put this padding on my body because it could not trust

me,

> possible to hold personal boundaries. Once I understood this I was

able

>

>

> extra fat on the body to protect itself. Fat is the same as

clothing to

> the inner child. The more frightened, vulnerable and distrusting of

us

> it feels, the more fat (clothes) it puts on. So what I am saying

here is

> that when our inner child cannot trust us to protect it, that child

will

>

>

> You have heard me many times say that everything has a value, but

when

> it came to being overweight, that value eluded me for a long time.

It

> wasn't enough to stand in front of the mirror naked and say to my

body,

> " I love you, you are beautiful " , because I could never really

believe

> what I was saying. In fact, I was down right lying to myself. I no

more

> myself, I would say that seeing those mounds of dimply flesh

revolted

> truly honor it and respect its right to exist on my body, and my

body is

> " our body. "

>

> So the value of the fat was the protection that it gave my inner

child,

> and it is the least harmful way to gain that protection. I knew

that she

> had many options to choose from and by choosing the fat, she chose

the

> fragmented herself into multiple personalities, but instead, she

chose

> rather deal with fat than multiple personalities or a disease that

stops

>

> There is another piece to this process, which has to do with the

Soul,

> the Ego, and me, the Self. That piece is knowing that each time I

don't

> hold a boundary, my inner child gets wounded. I liken it to her

being

> stabbed in the heart with a knife. The wound, of course, is an

emotional

> wound. They say that words don't hurt, but that is not true, they

are

> more deadly than physical wounds, leaving scars and pain we carry

for a

> lifetime. Back to the wounding of the inner child, guess who is

holding

> boundary, don't speak my truth, don't express my emotions, I am

driving

> this padding on.

>

>

> So now that I understand this, what have I done about it? How have

I

> handled it? Well, for starters I have entered into an agreement

with my

> Ego. This agreement states that I will accept and allow her to keep

the

> fat on our body until she feels safe enough to release it. I

understand

> this trust through my actions. I do not ask her just to take my

word on

> boundary violations occur. This means speaking my truth in the

moment,

>

> In return, she has agreed to release the protective fat from our

body as

> she trusts and feels safe enough to do so. It is understood that

this

> expectation on my part of waking up one morning and seeing the fat

all

> gone at once.

>

> I also agree that each time I get into feeling negative about the

fat,

> that I will consciously reaffirm my agreement with her to keep the

fat

>

> So there you have it, the value of being overweight. The value lies

in

> inner child's or Ego's way of protecting your physical vehicle, and

it

> will come off once you can hold your boundaries in the areas where

your

> inner child still feels unprotected, exposed and vulnerable.

Remember

> that the Ego or inner child's purpose for existing is to protect

your

> physical vehicle and keep you in the body, so that you may continue

your

> incarnation and achieve the spiritual growth that the other part of

you,

>

> Jelaila Starr,

> The Nibiruan Council

>

Guest guest

Just a P.S. to Liane...do you think you could have found a beautiful

painting of a beautiful fairy-princess type to go with this writin?

Say, a lovely image in a 2-or-3x?

Didn't think so. In today's lovely spiritual art, we are totally

invisible!!

>

>

>

>

> So what is the value of being overweight? That was a question for

which

> I only recently found the answer. Like so many of you, I have

struggled

> to see my body as beautiful. I only recently stopped cringing when

those

> bathing suit magazines come in the mail showing men and women with

their

> firm, shapely smooth bodies. I finally let go of the need to scan

the

> pages in search of cottage cheese thighs as a way to make myself

feel

> better. But still, every time I look in the mirror and see the

mounds

> of fat that have accumulated around my ankles, elbows, knees, hips

and

> in front of my abdomen, I have to consciously remember the value of

this

> protective padding.

>

> I don't completely love my love handles and dimpled bottom yet.

And I

> totally depressed and worthless. Yet even with the lack of complete

love

>

>

> As I look in the mirror at myself, I consciously remind myself that

my

> inner child put this padding on my body because it could not trust

me,

> possible to hold personal boundaries. Once I understood this I was

able

>

>

> extra fat on the body to protect itself. Fat is the same as

clothing to

> the inner child. The more frightened, vulnerable and distrusting of

us

> it feels, the more fat (clothes) it puts on. So what I am saying

here is

> that when our inner child cannot trust us to protect it, that child

will

>

>

> You have heard me many times say that everything has a value, but

when

> it came to being overweight, that value eluded me for a long time.

It

> wasn't enough to stand in front of the mirror naked and say to my

body,

> " I love you, you are beautiful " , because I could never really

believe

> what I was saying. In fact, I was down right lying to myself. I no

more

> myself, I would say that seeing those mounds of dimply flesh

revolted

> truly honor it and respect its right to exist on my body, and my

body is

> " our body. "

>

> So the value of the fat was the protection that it gave my inner

child,

> and it is the least harmful way to gain that protection. I knew

that she

> had many options to choose from and by choosing the fat, she chose

the

> fragmented herself into multiple personalities, but instead, she

chose

> rather deal with fat than multiple personalities or a disease that

stops

>

> There is another piece to this process, which has to do with the

Soul,

> the Ego, and me, the Self. That piece is knowing that each time I

don't

> hold a boundary, my inner child gets wounded. I liken it to her

being

> stabbed in the heart with a knife. The wound, of course, is an

emotional

> wound. They say that words don't hurt, but that is not true, they

are

> more deadly than physical wounds, leaving scars and pain we carry

for a

> lifetime. Back to the wounding of the inner child, guess who is

holding

> boundary, don't speak my truth, don't express my emotions, I am

driving

> this padding on.

>

>

> So now that I understand this, what have I done about it? How have

I

> handled it? Well, for starters I have entered into an agreement

with my

> Ego. This agreement states that I will accept and allow her to keep

the

> fat on our body until she feels safe enough to release it. I

understand

> this trust through my actions. I do not ask her just to take my

word on

> boundary violations occur. This means speaking my truth in the

moment,

>

> In return, she has agreed to release the protective fat from our

body as

> she trusts and feels safe enough to do so. It is understood that

this

> expectation on my part of waking up one morning and seeing the fat

all

> gone at once.

>

> I also agree that each time I get into feeling negative about the

fat,

> that I will consciously reaffirm my agreement with her to keep the

fat

>

> So there you have it, the value of being overweight. The value lies

in

> inner child's or Ego's way of protecting your physical vehicle, and

it

> will come off once you can hold your boundaries in the areas where

your

> inner child still feels unprotected, exposed and vulnerable.

Remember

> that the Ego or inner child's purpose for existing is to protect

your

> physical vehicle and keep you in the body, so that you may continue

your

> incarnation and achieve the spiritual growth that the other part of

you,

>

> Jelaila Starr,

> The Nibiruan Council

>

Guest guest

It has been a while since we talked...

It is a matter of fact I did find a little gorgeous fairy..:)But I guess my photobucket run out of bandwith, which is bad...

so i posted another pciture just for you, my dear!

:)

love you

Liane

yes, i did and I am reposting her here, in hopes that you will see her again,ok?

husg to you,

love,

Liane

> >> > [Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket] > > <http://photobucket.com>> > > > > > The Value of being Overweight> > > > So what is the value of being overweight? That was a question for > which> > I only recently found the answer. Like so many of you, I have > struggled> > to see my body as beautiful. I only recently stopped cringing when > those> > bathing suit magazines come in the mail showing men and women with > their> > firm, shapely smooth bodies. I finally let go of the need to scan > the> > pages in search of cottage cheese thighs as a way to make myself > feel> > better. But still, every time I look in the mirror and see the > mounds> > of fat that have accumulated around my ankles, elbows, knees, hips > and> > in front of my abdomen, I have to consciously remember the value of > this> > protective padding.> > > > I don't completely love my love handles and dimpled bottom yet. > And I> > have numerous lapses into negative judgment that leave me feeling> > totally depressed and worthless. Yet even with the lack of complete > love> > and lapses into judgment and depression, I still know how to see the> > value in them, thereby restoring my sense of personal value and> > self-worth. That process is what I want to share with you.> > > > Step 1: Accept my inner child's/Ego's (I refer to the inner> > child as the Ego) right to physical and emotional protection.> > > > As I look in the mirror at myself, I consciously remind myself that > my> > inner child put this padding on my body because it could not trust > me,> > the Self, to protect it by holding my personal boundaries and then> > creating agreements to hold those boundaries. I have learned that> > personal boundaries protect the inner child, and agreements make it> > possible to hold personal boundaries. Once I understood this I was > able> > to see a purpose for the fat.> > > > Step 2: Find the purpose for the fat.> > > > Just like we put on clothes to protect us, our inner child will put> > extra fat on the body to protect itself. Fat is the same as > clothing to> > the inner child. The more frightened, vulnerable and distrusting of > us> > it feels, the more fat (clothes) it puts on. So what I am saying > here is> > that when our inner child cannot trust us to protect it, that child > will> > find a way to protect itself and that way is by putting on fat.> > > > Step 3: Find the value of the fat.> > > > You have heard me many times say that everything has a value, but > when> > it came to being overweight, that value eluded me for a long time. > It> > wasn't enough to stand in front of the mirror naked and say to my > body,> > "I love you, you are beautiful", because I could never really > believe> > what I was saying. In fact, I was down right lying to myself. I no > more> > loved my lumps than the man in the moon. If I were truly honest with> > myself, I would say that seeing those mounds of dimply flesh > revolted> > me. Only by finding the value and purpose of my extra pounds can I> > truly honor it and respect its right to exist on my body, and my > body is> > "our body."> > > > So the value of the fat was the protection that it gave my inner > child,> > and it is the least harmful way to gain that protection. I knew > that she> > had many options to choose from and by choosing the fat, she chose > the> > least harmful one. My Ego could have chosen muscular dystrophy or> > fragmented herself into multiple personalities, but instead, she > chose> > the least harmful way to protect herself. And personally, I would> > rather deal with fat than multiple personalities or a disease that > stops> > me from being free and active.> > > > There is another piece to this process, which has to do with the > Soul,> > the Ego, and me, the Self. That piece is knowing that each time I > don't> > hold a boundary, my inner child gets wounded. I liken it to her > being> > stabbed in the heart with a knife. The wound, of course, is an > emotional> > wound. They say that words don't hurt, but that is not true, they > are> > more deadly than physical wounds, leaving scars and pain we carry > for a> > lifetime. Back to the wounding of the inner child, guess who is > holding> > the knife the majority of the time? I am! Each time I don't hold a> > boundary, don't speak my truth, don't express my emotions, I am > driving> > that dagger into the heart of my inner child. No wonder she has put> > this padding on.> > > > Step 4: Make agreements around the extra fat.> > > > So now that I understand this, what have I done about it? How have > I> > handled it? Well, for starters I have entered into an agreement > with my> > Ego. This agreement states that I will accept and allow her to keep > the> > fat on our body until she feels safe enough to release it. I > understand> > that for her to feel safe she must be able to trust me to hold my> > personal boundaries to protect us. I agree that I will need to earn> > this trust through my actions. I do not ask her just to take my > word on> > this. I agree to earn this trust through holding my boundaries when> > boundary violations occur. This means speaking my truth in the > moment,> > confronting and openly expressing my emotions.> > > > In return, she has agreed to release the protective fat from our > body as> > she trusts and feels safe enough to do so. It is understood that > this> > will be a gradual process and not all at once. So there is no> > expectation on my part of waking up one morning and seeing the fat > all> > gone at once.> > > > I also agree that each time I get into feeling negative about the > fat,> > that I will consciously reaffirm my agreement with her to keep the > fat> > until she no longer needs it.> > > > So there you have it, the value of being overweight. The value lies > in> > the inner child's ability to make his/herself feel safe. It is your> > inner child's or Ego's way of protecting your physical vehicle, and > it> > will come off once you can hold your boundaries in the areas where > your> > inner child still feels unprotected, exposed and vulnerable. > Remember> > that the Ego or inner child's purpose for existing is to protect > your> > physical vehicle and keep you in the body, so that you may continue > your> > incarnation and achieve the spiritual growth that the other part of > you,> > your Soul, desires. After all, isn't that why you are here?> > > > Jelaila Starr,> > The Nibiruan Council> > www.NibiruanCouncil.com <http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/>> >>

Guest guest

She's not lithe, because she's short-legged. She'd still look thin

standing beside my mother, who was also a short woman. Which opens a

whole new question. A shorter woman looks dumpier with less fat on

her than her taller daughter. She's not willing her legs to remain in

the shorter realms, is she? Doubtful.

As far as attractiveness to men goes: It's been my observation guys

love to look down on a female, physically. He becomes automatically

big and stronger by comparison in such a pairing. This doesnt' sound

pretty, but can I blame him his egotism -- when, I've always

preferred looking up rather than over or down on a man, physically! I

can forget (and more easily forgive) my larger-than-desired size,

when I'm not the horse standing alongside a pony!

Do we really have this ego and body size thing all figured out? Happy

for you who do... however, I suspect I don't...

> > >

> > > [Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket]

> > > <http://photobucket.com>

> > >

> > >

> > > The Value of being Overweight

> > >

> > > So what is the value of being overweight? That was a question

for

> > which

> > > I only recently found the answer. Like so many of you, I have

> > struggled

> > > to see my body as beautiful. I only recently stopped cringing

when

> > those

> > > bathing suit magazines come in the mail showing men and women

with

> > their

> > > firm, shapely smooth bodies. I finally let go of the need to

scan

> > the

> > > pages in search of cottage cheese thighs as a way to make myself

> > feel

> > > better. But still, every time I look in the mirror and see the

> > mounds

> > > of fat that have accumulated around my ankles, elbows, knees,

hips

> > and

> > > in front of my abdomen, I have to consciously remember the

value of

> > this

> > > protective padding.

> > >

> > > I don't completely love my love handles and dimpled bottom yet.

> > And I

> > > have numerous lapses into negative judgment that leave me

feeling

> > > totally depressed and worthless. Yet even with the lack of

complete

> > love

> > > and lapses into judgment and depression, I still know how to

see the

> > > value in them, thereby restoring my sense of personal value and

> > > self-worth. That process is what I want to share with you.

> > >

> > > Step 1: Accept my inner child's/Ego's (I refer to the inner

> > > child as the Ego) right to physical and emotional protection.

> > >

> > > As I look in the mirror at myself, I consciously remind myself

that

> > my

> > > inner child put this padding on my body because it could not

trust

> > me,

> > > the Self, to protect it by holding my personal boundaries and

then

> > > creating agreements to hold those boundaries. I have learned

that

> > > personal boundaries protect the inner child, and agreements

make it

> > > possible to hold personal boundaries. Once I understood this I

was

> > able

> > > to see a purpose for the fat.

> > >

> > > Step 2: Find the purpose for the fat.

> > >

> > > Just like we put on clothes to protect us, our inner child will

put

> > > extra fat on the body to protect itself. Fat is the same as

> > clothing to

> > > the inner child. The more frightened, vulnerable and

distrusting of

> > us

> > > it feels, the more fat (clothes) it puts on. So what I am saying

> > here is

> > > that when our inner child cannot trust us to protect it, that

child

> > will

> > > find a way to protect itself and that way is by putting on fat.

> > >

> > > Step 3: Find the value of the fat.

> > >

> > > You have heard me many times say that everything has a value,

but

> > when

> > > it came to being overweight, that value eluded me for a long

time.

> > It

> > > wasn't enough to stand in front of the mirror naked and say to

my

> > body,

> > > " I love you, you are beautiful " , because I could never really

> > believe

> > > what I was saying. In fact, I was down right lying to myself. I

no

> > more

> > > loved my lumps than the man in the moon. If I were truly honest

with

> > > myself, I would say that seeing those mounds of dimply flesh

> > revolted

> > > me. Only by finding the value and purpose of my extra pounds

can I

> > > truly honor it and respect its right to exist on my body, and my

> > body is

> > > " our body. "

> > >

> > > So the value of the fat was the protection that it gave my inner

> > child,

> > > and it is the least harmful way to gain that protection. I knew

> > that she

> > > had many options to choose from and by choosing the fat, she

chose

> > the

> > > least harmful one. My Ego could have chosen muscular dystrophy

or

> > > fragmented herself into multiple personalities, but instead, she

> > chose

> > > the least harmful way to protect herself. And personally, I

would

> > > rather deal with fat than multiple personalities or a disease

that

> > stops

> > > me from being free and active.

> > >

> > > There is another piece to this process, which has to do with the

> > Soul,

> > > the Ego, and me, the Self. That piece is knowing that each time

I

> > don't

> > > hold a boundary, my inner child gets wounded. I liken it to her

> > being

> > > stabbed in the heart with a knife. The wound, of course, is an

> > emotional

> > > wound. They say that words don't hurt, but that is not true,

they

> > are

> > > more deadly than physical wounds, leaving scars and pain we

carry

> > for a

> > > lifetime. Back to the wounding of the inner child, guess who is

> > holding

> > > the knife the majority of the time? I am! Each time I don't

hold a

> > > boundary, don't speak my truth, don't express my emotions, I am

> > driving

> > > that dagger into the heart of my inner child. No wonder she has

put

> > > this padding on.

> > >

> > > Step 4: Make agreements around the extra fat.

> > >

> > > So now that I understand this, what have I done about it? How

have

> > I

> > > handled it? Well, for starters I have entered into an agreement

> > with my

> > > Ego. This agreement states that I will accept and allow her to

keep

> > the

> > > fat on our body until she feels safe enough to release it. I

> > understand

> > > that for her to feel safe she must be able to trust me to hold

my

> > > personal boundaries to protect us. I agree that I will need to

earn

> > > this trust through my actions. I do not ask her just to take my

> > word on

> > > this. I agree to earn this trust through holding my boundaries

when

> > > boundary violations occur. This means speaking my truth in the

> > moment,

> > > confronting and openly expressing my emotions.

> > >

> > > In return, she has agreed to release the protective fat from our

> > body as

> > > she trusts and feels safe enough to do so. It is understood that

> > this

> > > will be a gradual process and not all at once. So there is no

> > > expectation on my part of waking up one morning and seeing the

fat

> > all

> > > gone at once.

> > >

> > > I also agree that each time I get into feeling negative about

the

> > fat,

> > > that I will consciously reaffirm my agreement with her to keep

the

> > fat

> > > until she no longer needs it.

> > >

> > > So there you have it, the value of being overweight. The value

lies

> > in

> > > the inner child's ability to make his/herself feel safe. It is

your

> > > inner child's or Ego's way of protecting your physical vehicle,

and

> > it

> > > will come off once you can hold your boundaries in the areas

where

> > your

> > > inner child still feels unprotected, exposed and vulnerable.

> > Remember

> > > that the Ego or inner child's purpose for existing is to protect

> > your

> > > physical vehicle and keep you in the body, so that you may

continue

> > your

> > > incarnation and achieve the spiritual growth that the other

part of

> > you,

> > > your Soul, desires. After all, isn't that why you are here?

> > >

> > > Jelaila Starr,

> > > The Nibiruan Council

> > > www.NibiruanCouncil.com <http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/>

> > >

> >

>