RemedySpot.com

update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone

I have just read my digest -- and wanted to share some things.

My son , will be 5 in Sept. was also just recently diagnosed with OCD.

But since he was a baby he has had sensory issues. We just finished with OT 2

weeks ago. I will see how things go, because he is still sucking on his

fingers, clothing, etc., everything is in the mouth .... I can see how they

somewhat relate to OCD.

I wrote out of despiration and pain a few days ago, because my son " lost it " .

We went to the neurologist on Monday and he was being over medicated. They had

him up to 2 teasp a day of Celexa. He is now back down to 1 teaspoon. I think

he was crawling out of his skin by the way he was acting and he was withdrawing.

We have had some good results with Celexa and I am glad that he is back under

control. I think I still have a long way to go!! I know that therapy is

important ... we were seeing a psychologist but my husband does not like him and

i am not crazy about him. He treats ADD/ADHD mainly. I reached out to Dr. Fred

Penzel. He actually called me back the same day and we chatted. I liked him

very much. He referred me to his partner who treats children with multiple

disorders, but not really " diagnosed " with any particular thing. We have our

appointment Sept. 9th I can't wait!

I think 's OCD is alot with " thoughts " ! Yesterday we went to 7-ll for a

slurpee and i drove a different way -- oh my gosh --- he flipped out! Also, we

went to the park and at the park i was chatting with 2 moms and then I told

not to do something and he had a major breakdown. Crying, Screaming,

excuse me, but holding his penis! and shaking his whole body. The moms looked at

him, and then me. You could tell " something was not right " with him. He is

almost 5 but he is tall and 80 lbs!

Any advise on how to deal with strangers looking at you when these outburst

happen?

Okay, thanks for listening.

(mom of 9/10/97 - OCD and ....

and Ariel 9/18/98 - ?)

Long Island, New York

---------------------------------

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

Renin was .6, no range given.

> > >

> > > > My story is in the files, I have been diagnosed with inappropriate

> > > > aldosterone at the Mayo in the past. i am here getting evaluated

> > > > again, for more than the PA, I also have hyperadrenergic autonomic

> > > > dysfunction, cyclic vomiting syndrome and daily chronic headache/

> > > > migraines. Was in Monday AM to have an endoscopy and ended up

> > riding

> > > > the ambulance to the St 's ER for hypertensive crisis (was

> > > > 230/144). They kept me in ICU over night and had a heck of a time

> > > > getting pressure down (used a drip of labetalol after the nitro

> > > > given in ER). I am still in hospital, but down on the general

> > floor

> > > > and get out in the am. Will meet with my endo tomorrow afternoon

> > > > (ater the egd)and see what she said. However, I tested much

> > lower on

> > > > the aldo, will post numbers when I get a copy tomorrow, but renin

> > > > still non-existent. K was borderline low (3.6 and the range starts

> > > > at 3.6). Pretty sure will recommend continued management with

> > > > spironolactone and others, will have to see what the team says

> > in am.

> > > >

> > > > Kim

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

So the ratio is 7/.6 = ~10 which would not meet the Mayo cutoff for PA which I think is 20 but you will need to ask them.So in the Grim evolution you have a very low renin and not a very low aldo. So you have early PA.CE Geim MDCE Grim MD Renin was .6, no range given.> > >> > > > My story is in the files, I have been diagnosed with inappropriate> > > > aldosterone at the Mayo in the past. i am here getting evaluated> > > > again, for more than the PA, I also have hyperadrenergic autonomic> > > > dysfunction, cyclic vomiting syndrome and daily chronic headache/> > > > migraines. Was in Monday AM to have an endoscopy and ended up > > riding> > > > the ambulance to the St 's ER for hypertensive crisis (was> > > > 230/144). They kept me in ICU over night and had a heck of a time> > > > getting pressure down (used a drip of labetalol after the nitro> > > > given in ER). I am still in hospital, but down on the general > > floor> > > > and get out in the am. Will meet with my endo tomorrow afternoon> > > > (ater the egd)and see what she said. However, I tested much > > lower on> > > > the aldo, will post numbers when I get a copy tomorrow, but renin> > > > still non-existent. K was borderline low (3.6 and the range starts> > > > at 3.6). Pretty sure will recommend continued management with> > > > spironolactone and others, will have to see what the team says > > in am.> > > >> > > > Kim> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> >>

Guest guest

Diuretics and DASH?Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

I think that the Va is now getting up to speed on DASH. They are starting to talk about it on there web site.

Blood pressure is in in the 145/80 range. Sometimes it is lower. Better then 175/90 before taking diuretics.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > My story is in the files, I have been diagnosed with

> > > > > > > inappropriate

> > > > > > > > > > > aldosterone at the Mayo in the past. i am here

> > getting

> > > > > > > evaluated

> > > > > > > > > > > again, for more than the PA, I also have

> > hyperadrenergic

> > > > > > > autonomic

> > > > > > > > > > > dysfunction, cyclic vomiting syndrome and daily

> > chronic

> > > > > > > headache/

> > > > > > > > > > > migraines. Was in Monday AM to have an endoscopy and

> > > > ended up

> > > > > > > > > riding

> > > > > > > > > > > the ambulance to the St 's ER for hypertensive

> > > > crisis (was

> > > > > > > > > > > 230/144). They kept me in ICU over night and had a

> > > > heck of a

> > > > > > > time

> > > > > > > > > > > getting pressure down (used a drip of labetalol

> > after

> > > > the

> > > > > > > nitro

> > > > > > > > > > > given in ER). I am still in hospital, but down on

> > the

> > > > general

> > > > > > > > > floor

> > > > > > > > > > > and get out in the am. Will meet with my endo

> > tomorrow

> > > > > > > afternoon

> > > > > > > > > > > (ater the egd)and see what she said. However, I

> > tested

> > > > much

> > > > > > > > > lower on

> > > > > > > > > > > the aldo, will post numbers when I get a copy

> > > > tomorrow, but

> > > > > > > renin

> > > > > > > > > > > still non-existent. K was borderline low (3.6 and

> > the

> > > > range

> > > > > > > starts

> > > > > > > > > > > at 3.6). Pretty sure will recommend continued

> > > > management with

> > > > > > > > > > > spironolactone and others, will have to see what the

> > > > team says

> > > > > > > > > in am.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Kim

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Need to see the numbers. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

Hello, I haven't e-mailed you guys in awhile but think me and my new internal medicine doctor are on to something and it is not conn's. Did salt loading test and was normal. My new doctor did ACTH stimulation test and adrenal glands are not working like they should and he is thinking adrenal insuffienciency. My cortisol level was supposed to double and mine bearly did anything and was lower than normal to start out with. He put me on 2 mg of prednisone for 3 weeks and I saw him again. I wasn't a whole lot better and with more strewss of going to a special class for work, working, and doing projects for another job - I was getting dizzy and exteemely exhausted again. He increased dose to 4 mg a day and again I will go back in few weeks.

The difference is huge but still not back to nomral by any means. I can breath better, less heart palpitations, increased tolerance to sodium, feel a lot more energy and mentally there. Last week though I had alot more stree again and dizziness and fatigue crept back in so maybe I need an evening dose or another pill when I am stressed to help with that.

I'm wondering if this is autoimmune because of having autommune thyroid disease too. I've looked online and saw the adrenal spectrum disease that range from addisons to cushings and I think my adreanls ahve been going crazy because at first one doctor thought I did have cushings because of elevated cortisol and ACTH and many symptoms. Now it seems I am leaning toward addisons but still do not have the extreme symptoms of salt craving or tanning. Any thoughts guys....

Guest guest

Prednisone reduces swelling and inflammation. Can be ok in small doses. If you

body gets more then it needs you will get cushings. Not a goog drug to take long

term unless that is your only choice.

The question is it helping because it is reducing inflammation from some

something other then addisons? If you have an autoimmune disorder then

Prednisone would help this.

>

> > Hello, I haven't e-mailed you guys in awhile but think me and my new

> > internal medicine doctor are on to something and it is not conn's.

> > Did salt loading test and was normal. My new doctor did ACTH

> > stimulation test and adrenal glands are not working like they should

> > and he is thinking adrenal insuffienciency. My cortisol level was

> > supposed to double and mine bearly did anything and was lower than

> > normal to start out with. He put me on 2 mg of prednisone for 3

> > weeks and I saw him again. I wasn't a whole lot better and with more

> > strewss of going to a special class for work, working, and doing

> > projects for another job - I was getting dizzy and exteemely

> > exhausted again. He increased dose to 4 mg a day and again I will go

> > back in few weeks.

> >

> > The difference is huge but still not back to nomral by any means. I

> > can breath better, less heart palpitations, increased tolerance to

> > sodium, feel a lot more energy and mentally there. Last week though

> > I had alot more stree again and dizziness and fatigue crept back in

> > so maybe I need an evening dose or another pill when I am stressed

> > to help with that.

> >

> > I'm wondering if this is autoimmune because of having autommune

> > thyroid disease too. I've looked online and saw the adrenal spectrum

> > disease that range from addisons to cushings and I think my adreanls

> > ahve been going crazy because at first one doctor thought I did have

> > cushings because of elevated cortisol and ACTH and many symptoms.

> > Now it seems I am leaning toward addisons but still do not have the

> > extreme symptoms of salt craving or tanning. Any thoughts guys....

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Good points. I do have atleast one autoimmune disease...autoimmune thyroid. Im wondering if I have another autoimmune disease affecting adrenal glands too.

The only thing doc can come up with now is adrenal insufficiency because when I did the ACTH stim test my cotisol bearly did anything. I'll get the lab results and post them on here soon.

I am feeling much better with the 4 mg of prednisone but still with more activity and stress I feel worse again and get weird dizzy feeling and really really tired. But I'm not exhausted like I was before.

One day before taking meds, I was outside during a childrens olympics activity and all I was doing was holding a hula hoop and going to fetch the football. I was in the sun for a couple of hours and this should have made me tired and maybe needed a nap right....no. I was so exhausted when I got home that I crashed out and ate supper and slept again for 12 hours. Got up next morning still feeling same and very dizzy. I couldn't go to work the next day and stayed all day in bed. I felt the same the next day and did the same thing.I once sat up long enough to check my e-mail but couldn't even get into program withou having to lay down...an overwhelming feelin of you got to lay down now....aweful!

After this, that is why doctor ran ACTH stim test. I have not done this since medicines and have more energy and feel more like myself. If i truely do have addisons or adrenal insufficiency...dont they take this medicine for life? If I have an autoimmune disease attacking my adrenal glands, I'm sure I'll still need it. I'm just glad something is making me feel better....

Re: update

Prednisone reduces swelling and inflammation. Can be ok in small doses. If you body gets more then it needs you will get cushings. Not a goog drug to take long term unless that is your only choice. The question is it helping because it is reducing inflammation from some something other then addisons? If you have an autoimmune disorder then Prednisone would help this. > > > Hello, I haven't e-mailed you guys in awhile but think me and my new > > internal medicine doctor are on to something and it is not conn's. > > Did salt loading test and was normal. My new doctor did ACTH > > stimulation test and adrenal glands are not working like they should > > and he is thinking adrenal insuffienciency. My cortisol level was > > supposed to double and mine bearly did anything and was lower than > > normal to start out with. He put me on 2 mg of prednisone for 3 > > weeks and I saw him again. I wasn't a whole lot better and with more > > strewss of going to a special class for work, working, and doing > > projects for another job - I was getting dizzy and exteemely > > exhausted again. He increased dose to 4 mg a day and again I will go > > back in few weeks.> >> > The difference is huge but still not back to nomral by any means. I > > can breath better, less heart palpitations, increased tolerance to > > sodium, feel a lot more energy and mentally there. Last week though > > I had alot more stree again and dizziness and fatigue crept back in > > so maybe I need an evening dose or another pill when I am stressed > > to help with that.> >> > I'm wondering if this is autoimmune because of having autommune > > thyroid disease too. I've looked online and saw the adrenal spectrum > > disease that range from addisons to cushings and I think my adreanls > > ahve been going crazy because at first one doctor thought I did have > > cushings because of elevated cortisol and ACTH and many symptoms. > > Now it seems I am leaning toward addisons but still do not have the > > extreme symptoms of salt craving or tanning. Any thoughts guys....> >> >> > > >>

Guest guest

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what kind I have...in a few weeks I go back for a check up. I got a really good doctor now who really cares and is trying to help me.

That is interesting though that you put if it is a hot day, if you excercise, or have stress that people with addisons /adrenal insuff. have to adjust their meds. I totally feel that way and will ask doctor about that next week if I can take more during those times. When doing normal everyday things 4 mg is great and no problem. But just last week I had a lot of things to do for a class for work, workinging at job, and doing extra things for another job. I was starting to get dizzy again, and really tired too. I could definitely feel the stress on my body and it takes longer to reccoperate than after just doing normal things.

This would also explain how this all atarted...after a knee injury back in Sept of 2008. Maybe the knee injury and everything else going on was finally the last straw and my adrenals couldn't deal with it anymore. I also for a time was taking xanax...maybe this helped for a time because it calmed my body down enough so I could handle the stress. I have not taken it in over like 4 months now. Maybe this is all coming together finally...

update

Hello, I haven't e-mailed you guys in awhile but think me and my new internal medicine doctor are on to something and it is not conn's. Did salt loading test and was normal. My new doctor did ACTH stimulation test and adrenal glands are not working like they should and he is thinking adrenal insuffienciency. My cortisol level was supposed to double and mine bearly did anything and was lower than normal to start out with. He put me on 2 mg of prednisone for 3 weeks and I saw him again. I wasn't a whole lot better and with more strewss of going to a special class for work, working, and doing projects for another job - I was getting dizzy and exteemely exhausted again. He increased dose to 4 mg a day and again I will go back in few weeks.

The difference is huge but still not back to nomral by any means. I can breath better, less heart palpitations, increased tolerance to sodium, feel a lot more energy and mentally there. Last week though I had alot more stree again and dizziness and fatigue crept back in so maybe I need an evening dose or another pill when I am stressed to help with that.

I'm wondering if this is autoimmune because of having autommune thyroid disease too. I've looked online and saw the adrenal spectrum disease that range from addisons to cushings and I think my adreanls ahve been going crazy because at first one doctor thought I did have cushings because of elevated cortisol and ACTH and many symptoms. Now it seems I am leaning toward addisons but still do not have the extreme symptoms of salt craving or tanning. Any thoughts guys....