RemedySpot.com

Friday's workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Great-going Kathy!!!I have a hard-time parting w/ workouts too...ugh..DarcyOn Dec 28, 2007 7:44 PM, Kathy Vetro <kvetro60@...

> wrote:

I wasn't going to workout today as I had so much to do around the house, but when DH and oldest DS went to Columbus Market to get our favorite pizza, I thought why not get one in? So I did a premix from Cathe's Lo Max (Circuits 1-4) along with Stretch Max part one. It was a nice send off to both DVDs which I sold today. As much as I enjoy Lo Max, my knees just can't take those kind of workouts. They are aching!

Kathy

I do, but if I am not doing them, they are wasting space. The money I am earning can be used for workouts I want or equipment I need.

Kathy

Re: Friday's workout

Great-going Kathy!!!I have a hard-time parting w/ workouts too...ugh..Darcy

On Dec 28, 2007 7:44 PM, Kathy Vetro <kvetro60comcast (DOT) net > wrote:

I wasn't going to workout today as I had so much to do around the house, but when DH and oldest DS went to Columbus Market to get our favorite pizza, I thought why not get one in? So I did a premix from Cathe's Lo Max (Circuits 1-4) along with Stretch Max part one. It was a nice send off to both DVDs which I sold today. As much as I enjoy Lo Max, my knees just can't take those kind of workouts. They are aching!

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Your favorite, Spreen :) You don't have it?? There are 3 workouts on the DVD, I haven't done the other 2. One is a functional power, and the other is Go with the Flow. Each around 30 minutes long.

Darcy

Triple Threat - Cardio Kickboxing.

who leads this one?

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape

in the new year.

Darcy Ledman wrote:

> Anyway,I chose to do Triple Threat - Cardio Kickboxing. It's a short

> workout, about 35 minutes. I wore my weighted gloves for intensity. At

> first I thought it was going to be too easy, but it turned out to be

> fine. Not too easy, not too hard. It fit the bill well.

yay! im glad that you liked it. i will probably get this one

sometime...

:*carolyn.

The production isn't the best. It's kind of hard to hear, but I did enjoy the workout :)DarcyOn Jan 12, 2008 12:57 PM, Festival City Concrete/ & Carolyn Visser <

pvisser@...> wrote:

Darcy Ledman wrote:

> Anyway,I chose to do Triple Threat - Cardio Kickboxing. It's a short

> workout, about 35 minutes. I wore my weighted gloves for intensity. At

> first I thought it was going to be too easy, but it turned out to be

> fine. Not too easy, not too hard. It fit the bill well.

yay! im glad that you liked it. i will probably get this one

sometime...

:*carolyn.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

Today I did Walk Slim 2 Miles and then the Practice During Menstruation from Yoga Complete for Every Body. I haven't done Walk Slim in a while and the jogging intervals were fun. I worked it hard and that felt really good. I think I'm ready again for some more workouts like this (more challenging) next week and will plan that weekly rotation/schedule soon. The yoga workout was very relaxing. I've never done this one before. It was very similar to "Good Morning" (which I did yesterday), starting with the same sequence and doing a few other things the same (all seated) but it also had a lot of seated forward bends and twists and it just felt great. I did have to laugh at the breath into your "groins" instruction that was noted by someone else here a while back. I also had a giggle when, during the first forward bend (I think it was with your legs out to the side and then bending forward) and J.J. was saying things about how you could have your hands and head, including stacking your fists and putting your head on your hands. I looked up and saw her head either like that or on the floor and mine about a foot off the floor!! I was bending forward, my hips and back just weren't going anywhere near the floor. She did another sequence like this later and I noticed that with good focus on breath and stretching more with the exhales that I was able to get a little closer (maybe 8" off the floor instead?!). It did help that I was more stretched out from other poses too. She is wonderfully supportive of reminding you to honor where your body is that day in terms of movement and flexibility so anyone should feel comfortable not having their head on the floor or their legs as stretched apart as hers were. I did, I just thought it was kind of funny anyway. I'm feeling better today about DH's situation. A little down still but trying to be hopeful. Exercise definitely helps. When I got finished with the yoga, I kept saying to myself, "I feel so good! I'm so glad I worked out today!" I like doing yoga after cardio too I've decided. My body is warm and it is easier to move. The funny thing was though, since I used Walk Slim 2 Miles as a substitute sometimes for P90 Sweat 3-4 when that one was finished I thought "next is Ab Ripper 200." Oh no it wasn't! (Though I might start doing that or other ab work again soon. I actually miss it.)

Tomorrow is yoga. Probably a power yoga workout though I'm still not sure which one yet. They're all calling my name and so is Tony Horton's with the Hawaiian name so we'll see. I'm also going to the Toledo Zoo with the Brownies tomorrow evening for a Zoo Snooze. Should be fun except that bedtime isn't until about 11:30 and my 1st grade DD is usually pooped out )and crabby) by 8:30 or 9! I'm putting her to bed very early tonight so that hopefully she'll be able to handle it better.

Off to do some grocery and stability ball shopping!

Guest guest

Great job ! You are doing a fantastic job with getting back into the swing of things..Enjoy the zoo!!!!Darcy

Today I did Walk Slim 2 Miles and then the Practice During Menstruation from Yoga Complete for Every Body. I haven't done Walk Slim in a while and the jogging intervals were fun. I worked it hard and that felt really good. I think I'm ready again for some more workouts like this (more challenging) next week and will plan that weekly rotation/schedule soon. The yoga workout was very relaxing. I've never done this one before. It was very similar to " Good Morning " (which I did yesterday), starting with the same sequence and doing a few other things the same (all seated) but it also had a lot of seated forward bends and twists and it just felt great. I did have to laugh at the breath into your " groins " instruction that was noted by someone else here a while back. I also had a giggle when, during the first forward bend (I think it was with your legs out to the side and then bending forward) and J.J. was saying things about how you could have your hands and head, including stacking your fists and putting your head on your hands. I looked up and saw her head either like that or on the floor and mine about a foot off the floor!! I was bending forward, my hips and back just weren't going anywhere near the floor. She did another sequence like this later and I noticed that with good focus on breath and stretching more with the exhales that I was able to get a little closer (maybe 8 " off the floor instead?!). It did help that I was more stretched out from other poses too. She is wonderfully supportive of reminding you to honor where your body is that day in terms of movement and flexibility so anyone should feel comfortable not having their head on the floor or their legs as stretched apart as hers were. I did, I just thought it was kind of funny anyway. I'm feeling better today about DH's situation. A little down still but trying to be hopeful. Exercise definitely helps. When I got finished with the yoga, I kept saying to myself, " I feel so good! I'm so glad I worked out today! " I like doing yoga after cardio too I've decided. My body is warm and it is easier to move. The funny thing was though, since I used Walk Slim 2 Miles as a substitute sometimes for P90 Sweat 3-4 when that one was finished I thought " next is Ab Ripper 200. " Oh no it wasn't! (Though I might start doing that or other ab work again soon. I actually miss it.)

Tomorrow is yoga. Probably a power yoga workout though I'm still not sure which one yet. They're all calling my name and so is Tony Horton's with the Hawaiian name so we'll see. I'm also going to the Toledo Zoo with the Brownies tomorrow evening for a Zoo Snooze. Should be fun except that bedtime isn't until about 11:30 and my 1st grade DD is usually pooped out )and crabby) by 8:30 or 9! I'm putting her to bed very early tonight so that hopefully she'll be able to handle it better.

Guest guest

Thank you Darcy!! You are such a wonderful source of encouragement and always make me feel so good!

Re: Friday's workout

Great job ! You are doing a fantastic job with getting back into the swing of things..Enjoy the zoo!!!!Darcy

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 9:48 AM, nancydewolf <nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

Today I did Walk Slim 2 Miles and then the Practice During Menstruation from Yoga Complete for Every Body. I haven't done Walk Slim in a while and the jogging intervals were fun. I worked it hard and that felt really good. I think I'm ready again for some more workouts like this (more challenging) next week and will plan that weekly rotation/schedule soon. The yoga workout was very relaxing. I've never done this one before. It was very similar to "Good Morning" (which I did yesterday), starting with the same sequence and doing a few other things the same (all seated) but it also had a lot of seated forward bends and twists and it just felt great. I did have to laugh at the breath into your "groins" instruction that was noted by someone else here a while back. I also had a giggle when, during the first forward bend (I think it was with your legs out to the side and then bending forward) and J.J. was saying things about how you could have your hands and head, including stacking your fists and putting your head on your hands. I looked up and saw her head either like that or on the floor and mine about a foot off the floor!! I was bending forward, my hips and back just weren't going anywhere near the floor. She did another sequence like this later and I noticed that with good focus on breath and stretching more with the exhales that I was able to get a little closer (maybe 8" off the floor instead?!). It did help that I was more stretched out from other poses too. She is wonderfully supportive of reminding you to honor where your body is that day in terms of movement and flexibility so anyone should feel comfortable not having their head on the floor or their legs as stretched apart as hers were. I did, I just thought it was kind of funny anyway. I'm feeling better today about DH's situation. A little down still but trying to be hopeful. Exercise definitely helps. When I got finished with the yoga, I kept saying to myself, "I feel so good! I'm so glad I worked out today!" I like doing yoga after cardio too I've decided. My body is warm and it is easier to move. The funny thing was though, since I used Walk Slim 2 Miles as a substitute sometimes for P90 Sweat 3-4 when that one was finished I thought "next is Ab Ripper 200." Oh no it wasn't! (Though I might start doing that or other ab work again soon. I actually miss it.)